Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Buzzman
^^^

By the way, I don't see what the big fuss is over this hotel. I have stayed at both this and LeMoana, and actually prefer LeMoana as being a bit more down to earth. It is certainly also a beautiful property with a few more options for getting around and out to dinner, town, etc. Same owner and same service for both.

Buzz
The big fuss over this hotel is that it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people. My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon and loved every second of it. If we go back we'll probably try something different as felt it didn't really give us the true polynesian experience but with that being said, it is a truly remarkable hotel and experience. We loved every minute of it and it is one of our most memorable trips that we have ever taken.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:59 am

The Emerald OWBs can accomodate 4 adults, right?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:04 am

I'm pretty sure all of the OWB's can handle 4 adults. Each bungalow is over 1,000 sq. ft.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
None of them can, AFAIK. A double bed in the bedroom and a sofa in the living room. Parties of four used to be booked in the Beach Bungalows...

Occupancy is not a function of space available
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
Here's a transit question for you all.

We're staying at IC Thalasso in Jan 2015. Arriving LAX-PPT at 5:55am (Air Tahiti Nui). I see a PPT-BOB (Air Tahiti) flight at 7:15am.

Is 80 minutes enough time to get through PPT customs to the 7:15am flight? Or would you all recommend the later 10:45am flight.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
None of them can, AFAIK. A double bed in the bedroom and a sofa in the living room. Parties of four used to be booked in the Beach Bungalows...

Occupancy is not a function of space available
Understood but here is some laguage from their site, specifically referring to the OWB's, "Overwater villa facing the main island of bora bora view of otemanu mountain with terrace and sun lounges big pontoon for sunbathing with direct lagoon access freshwater outdoor shower 2 flat screen tvs max 4 or 3 adults and 2 children at a charge up to 15yrs old"
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by cloisterman

We're staying at IC Thalasso in Jan 2015. Arriving LAX-PPT at 5:55am (Air Tahiti Nui). I see a PPT-BOB (Air Tahiti) flight at 7:15am.

Is 80 minutes enough time to get through PPT customs to the 7:15am flight? Or would you all recommend the later 10:45am flight.
That would be cutting it kind of close. If there were any hiccup at LAX or at PPT with immigration you may miss your flight. More often than not immigration is pretty quick but I'd err on the side of caution. It wouldn't be the best way to start your vacation in paradise
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgobluetex
Understood but here is some laguage from their site, specifically referring to the OWB's, "Overwater villa facing the main island of bora bora view of otemanu mountain with terrace and sun lounges big pontoon for sunbathing with direct lagoon access freshwater outdoor shower 2 flat screen tvs max 4 or 3 adults and 2 children at a charge up to 15yrs old"
Hm, true, I just checked and they're all declared to fit 4 people. I don't think that was the case earlier. Anyway, it would be interesting to see where they would fit another sofa
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by cloisterman

A bit tight as it seems to me that often both carriers AF and TN often run a bit late... immigration is usually a fair cue... I'd feel more comfortable with a 2 hour window... but that's not to say what you are suggesting won't work... I don't think Air Tahiti would charge you if you had to take a later flight, having witnessed that operation... they pretty much know when the flights from LAX arrive as there are only a couple a day usually.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Buzzman
A bit tight as it seems to me that often both carriers AF and TN often run a bit late... immigration is usually a fair cue... I'd feel more comfortable with a 2 hour window... but that's not to say what you are suggesting won't work... I don't think Air Tahiti would charge you if you had to take a later flight, having witnessed that operation... they pretty much know when the flights from LAX arrive as there are only a couple a day usually.
Thanks so much. If there is any question then I'll go for the later 1045am flight. If I get there super-early I'll ask to transfer to the earlier one. Doesn't seem like an airport worth spending extra time in, based on what FT'ers have said.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was planning on booking a trip for late June 2015 on points, but couldn't get availability. I figured it would "sell out" quickly on points, so decided to book 1 night at a time. I checked availability for earlier in the month, and there were 4 nights on points available each day (I would check right when availability opened up at 9 pm PST).

2 nights ago, I checked for 6/29-6/30 at 9:02 pm, and there was only 1 night available and I took it. Last night, I checked right at 9:00 pm (maybe 30-40 seconds after the minute hand hit the "12"), and no nights were available on points. This means either the hotel didn't release ANY nights on points this day during peak season (which I don't think is allowed); or it released just 1 and someone else beat me to it by a matter of seconds. Either way, my plans for that hotel don't look like they'll materialize.
I am dealing with the same situation as you did. Can anyone confirm the IC Thalasso are blocking any reward redemption during peak season? Im looking at end July 2015 at the moment.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sos9394
I am dealing with the same situation as you did. Can anyone confirm the IC Thalasso are blocking any reward redemption during peak season? Im looking at end July 2015 at the moment.
No, they are not blocking anything. There are a finite number of rooms available on points on any given day.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They are releasing very little if any award night space, for most nights from now until the last possible booking date in July 2015.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They are releasing very little if any award night space, for most nights from now until the last possible booking date in July 2015.
Understand that....but the thing is I keep checking on the last possible booking date everyday this week (UTC +13 hours), and I believe I am very one time when the clock hits xx:00 but some dates are not releasing any single reward availability.

Just wondering why...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:58 pm

A few days ago, I did booked two consecutive reward nites for end of July 2015. There was practically nothing else available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.