Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mercruiser

Their email also ignores the fact that some guests are staying at other resorts on Bora Bora before their stay at the IC resorts.
After traveling from Florida to Bora Bora, we opted to just pay the $100 for the boat transfer to Le Moana. I debated taking the fairy, then the bus over to Le Moana, but honestly, after all of the travel it was nice to just hop on the boat and be dropped off at the resort.

We next stayed at the Hilton . . . took the Le Moana shuttle into town, then walked over to the Hilton dock and took their $7 shuttle to the hotel.

From Hilton we went to Thalasso. We took the Hilton shuttle to the town, then a taxi to the Le Moana, then the free shuttle to Thelasso. While it was a pain in the ..., especially having food poison from the Hilton, it was much cheaper then the direct boat to Thalasso. We were also able to load up on beer and snacks from the small market near the Le Moana while waiting for the shuttle boat to Thalasso.

If you really don't mind the extra traveling and connections, then take the fairy to the city and bus to Le Moana, advising the hotel that you came from another resort. I recall Thalasso having a similar policy requiring direct boat from Hilton, but we had no problem transferring the way we did from the Hilton.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:01 pm

Looking for Jan 5, 6, 7 if anyone drops any nights.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Amicus
No. It is not mandatory.
The hotel cannot prevent anyone from taking the FREE shuttle boat from the airport into Vaitape. Then, it is a simple taxi ride to Le Moana.
Far cheaper than the hotel's boat and likely the same amount of time to get to the hotel!

So, if guests choose to take the hotel's transfer boat for that expensive cost, that's fine, it is your holiday and your money.

Think logically here: is Le Moana going to refuse to check you in to their hotel because you didn't show up on the boat?
We stayed at the Thalasso so it would take hours to get to the hotel compared to the hotel shuttle. But yes if I were staying at Le Moana, I would take the free Air Tahiti shuttle instead.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by MissVacation
We stayed at the Thalasso so it would take hours to get to the hotel compared to the hotel shuttle. But yes if I were staying at Le Moana, I would take the free Air Tahiti shuttle instead.
Just clarifying so no one is misled by your original post.

You stated it was MANDATORY. It is irrelevant how long it takes someone to get to Thalasso or Le Moana. The point is, it is NOT mandatory.
If the "hours" it would take bother someone, they can choose to pay the extraordinary fees to take the ICH shuttles.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Just released my award booking - immediately showed up in the award inventory.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Unfortunate you could not make it

Originally Posted by lewende
Just released my award booking - immediately showed up in the award inventory.
What dates?

Thank you
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:26 am

Looking to spend 5 award nights this year at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa but the availability is very scarce! If anyone is holding up the rooms and are not staying there for 3~5 nights in a row this year could you please PM me?

BIG THANKS!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by Amicus
Think logically here: is Le Moana going to refuse to check you in to their hotel because you didn't show up on the boat?
Probably not, but the Le Moana, Thalasso or Hilton could put the roundtrip transfer on our closing bill even if we told them we didn't use their boat. Does anybody who has stayed there have any experience with this?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by MissVacation
We checked out your blog and love all of your beautiful photography and detailed stories about your vacations at the Thalasso and everywhere else!^
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by CRUISINGFLYING4LIFE
What dates?

Thank you
In my post upthread - 12/20-22.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
We checked out your blog and love all of your beautiful photography and detailed stories about your vacations at the Thalasso and everywhere else!^
I thought the blog was pretty good too. Does anyone know which tour company was used for swimming with the sharks?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I thought the blog was pretty good too. Does anyone know which tour company was used for swimming with the sharks?
Most people use Raanui for the shark/ray tours.

http://boraborasafarilagoon.com/Bora...agoon_Eng.html

I have used Teremoana Tours (aka Nono's tours) -- it seems a little cheaper and they are right down the street from the Le Moana.

http://www.thetahititraveler.com/act...remoana-tours/

Last edited by iamthehpt; Mar 10, 2015 at 7:15 am Reason: add link
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
We used Raanui Tours too
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
looking to spend 3-5 days around June 28-July3 ..pls pm me in case anyone is looking to cancel theirs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.