Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by terpfan101
When logged into your IHG account on the left side you'll see an option that says "free night status" click this and it will detail your Chase nights you can click to book.
Found it, under My Account. Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Please PM me if someone is releasing May 14
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:40 pm

Finally have work schedule to book honeymoon, but of course all free nights are booked by now. If anyone is releasing any dates from 10/7/2015-10/16/2015, please let me know.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: Enough
April 16-18 available on points if anybody can spring a last-minute trip
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
might as well.... looking for 6/18-6/19/2015 if anyone is releasing!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Throwing my hat into the ring: if anyone is releasing June 29 or July 2, please let me know.

Also, after checking the availability calendars for Thalasso and Le Moana nearly daily from January thru March, I've noticed that cancellations (if any) tend to happen ~2 weeks out. So even if there's no availability now, there may be a slim chance that availability opens up as you get closer to the dates.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by copilot5
Throwing my hat into the ring: if anyone is releasing June 29 or July 2, please let me know.

Also, after checking the availability calendars for Thalasso and Le Moana nearly daily from January thru March, I've noticed that cancellations (if any) tend to happen ~2 weeks out. So even if there's no availability now, there may be a slim chance that availability opens up as you get closer to the dates.
Just keep checking everyday. I did that and 4 nights opened up for May. Booked first and looked for flights later
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:27 am

Read on some blog that you can pay for Ambassador and then email IC Bora Bora with your status and ask your room number and it works sometimes. Anyone tried it?
Question I have is: Are upgrades worth it at? I am willing to spend the $200 for a chance at the upgrade (I realize that probability is high that I might not get the upgrade)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by fandu
Read on some blog that you can pay for Ambassador and then email IC Bora Bora with your status and ask your room number and it works sometimes. Anyone tried it?
Question I have is: Are upgrades worth it at? I am willing to spend the $200 for a chance at the upgrade (I realize that probability is high that I might not get the upgrade)
personally, I think the upgrade is not worth it. I was there this past November for six nights on points and was in villa 101. Second nearest to the beach. Where my villa was, I could jump out of the back deck and be in waist deep water. An upgrade only gets you a room in the deeper end of the water, but the rooms are identical. Also, we didn't get any sort of ambassador benefits or recognition as we stayed on points.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:08 am

This is a fight related question so hoping some of you who have been there can assist...

My honeymoon this August has had hotels and main flights booked. Starting 3 nights at Hilton Moorea followed by six nights at the IC Thalasso. I didn't book my flight from Moorea to Bora Bora right away and now the nonstop flight is sold out on the day we wanted to go from Moorea to Bora Bora which was at 12 noon.

My other options:

1) Take 4:30PM-5:45PM one stop flight (my fiance is extremely nervous flyer so don't like the idea of a longer propeller flight)

2) Extend my stay at Hilton Moorea to 4 nights and shorten IC Thalasso Bora Bora to 5 nights and take a nonstop the next day at 5PM.

3) Keep stays as is and take ferry from Hilton Moorea to Papeete and fly nonstop at 3PM from Tahiti to Bora Bora. Cost wise this flight is ~2000xpf per person less than the one stop flight above on the same day, so ferry isn't adding any extra cost.

Which would you recommend? I'm leaning towards #3 unless that's a huge hassle. It would require spending ~2.5 hours in Papeete from landing time off ferry to the time the plane departs. I'd keep an eye out if anything changes to the flight from Moorea nonstop.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I've been saving up points for about 2 years now for a stay in Bora Bora. I figured that given the time/cost requirements to get there, I'd like to be there for 10 nights. Problem is, it's nearly impossible to get 3 reward nights together, never mind 10 nights.

I have over 500,000 points saved up, but what's the point if I can't use them how I'd like?

Has anyone ever had success calling this particular hotel to have them open up rewards nights? I've done this before at an IHG hotel and they manually deducted the points from my account, made my reservation as a normal paid reservation, and then didn't charge me. I know this hotel has extreme demand, but was just wondering.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I've been saving up points for about 2 years now for a stay in Bora Bora. I figured that given the time/cost requirements to get there, I'd like to be there for 10 nights. Problem is, it's nearly impossible to get 3 reward nights together, never mind 10 nights.

I have over 500,000 points saved up, but what's the point if I can't use them how I'd like?

Has anyone ever had success calling this particular hotel to have them open up rewards nights? I've done this before at an IHG hotel and they manually deducted the points from my account, made my reservation as a normal paid reservation, and then didn't charge me. I know this hotel has extreme demand, but was just wondering.
I tried and failed.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I tried and failed.
Ok, thanks for confirming. I wish there was a better system in place...
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66

I've noticed that once availability comes up, you can technically book a stay longer than one night. To elaborate, once that day opens up at midnight (50 weeks in advance), search for reward nights available. You'll see cost via XPF and rewards nights (Both Bora Bora hotels will show up in search). Click on check-in date and make sure you select the furthest date in advance. Then click on the calendar icon under the check-out search, then double-click on it. You'll see all dates in blue allowing you to select as many reward nights as you want.

This is how I booked 4 consecutive nights next year with my points and would be perfect way for you to book 10 nights at one sitting. All you need is to make sure award availability is open on the furthest date out.

Let me know if you need clarification on my explanation. Also this works for any hotel in the Priority Club chain, but is most effective for this one!

Last edited by canesfan; Apr 13, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan
I've noticed that once availability comes up, you can technically book a stay longer than one night. To elaborate, once that day opens up at midnight (50 weeks in advance), search for reward nights available. You'll see cost via XPF and rewards nights (Both Bora Bora hotels will show up in search). Click on check-in date and make sure you select the furthest date in advance. Then click on the calendar icon under the check-out search, then double-click on it. You'll see all dates in blue allowing you to select as many reward nights as you want.

This is how I booked 4 consecutive nights next year with my points and would be perfect way for you to book 10 nights at one sitting. All you need is to make sure award availability is open on the furthest date out.

Let me know if you need clarification on my explanation. Also this works for any hotel in the Priority Club chain, but is most effective for this one!
OK, you have my attention! I'll explain how I just interpreted what you posted, and correct me if I'm wrong.

Say for example March 28th 2016 just became available for booking today, because it's exactly 50 weeks out. If I choose March 28th as my check-in date, I can reserve a 10-night stay starting from March 28th, even though the 29th, 30th, etc haven't been released yet?

If so, this would seemingly be very easy. Also when you say midnight what time zone are you referring to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.