Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by MileHighBug
I would ideally like to add a couple of days to my reservation, any time later in the year, even if I have to do it one night at a time and trade again. For example if someone gave me June 1 now, I'd try to get May 30 or June 2 between now and the cancellation date, and then have two nights to trade for later in the year, etc.
I'll just cancel the night now then. I'm new to this and from reading this forum, it seemed to me that this was what people are doing - booking whatever they can and then trading nights to help one another out. I wasn't trying to do anything malicious, and I certainly didn't expect to be called names over it.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:44 am

Okay canceled - I don't know when IHG releases inventory but as soon as they do, April 30th should be available to anyone who might like to take it.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:39 pm

I really admire the persistence of folks who secure the IC Thalasso rooms - those that book their desired dates successfully abt 51-52 weeks in advance, and those that just grab whatever they can and attempt to trade later

Very time consuming activity either way to search and re-search , esp the latter... When I first try to do the former, I was not successful and really it took so much of my time and mental energy that it detracts me from doing other important things. (Granted that I gave up on this effort after like 3 weeks.. after thinking abt how much my time is worth... )Plus this effort is made even harder if you are trying to coincide the dates of stay with award J flight redemption availability . In the end I decide to secure the flights and just paid cash for StR to preserve my sanity. SPG has a couple of offers that make it a little easier to swallow the price, and in the end I actually got 7 or 8 SPG points for every $1 spent due to some promo I registered online.

Something to think about for those in despair and could not secure Thalasso rooms ...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
In the end I decide to secure the flights...
Do you mind sharing flight info? I'm looking to fly there in J, perhaps on HA or AF.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 17, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by MileHighBug
I'll just cancel the night now then. I'm new to this and from reading this forum, it seemed to me that this was what people are doing - booking whatever they can and then trading nights to help one another out. I wasn't trying to do anything malicious, and I certainly didn't expect to be called names over it.
Blocking nights you don't need is not helping anyone out. If you have nights secured and announce here before you cancel them, that's helping people here out. But hording nights you won't use is just achieving the opposite and makes it impossible for most to secure the nights they want.

Also, you should cancel them as soon as you have decided you don't need them and not only 7 days in advance. Who can make such a short notice decision to fly to Bora Bora? In the end they go unused as 336 below comments, and the hotel is laughing.

Originally Posted by 336
I think IHG/hotel loves this game.

So many people are blocking single/speculative nights with the dream of making a Tahiti holiday out of it.

In the end the night switches hands a lot, but no one finally stays on points.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:32 pm

IHG releasing a reward night?

I am just wondering if anybody here successfully reserved a reward night on 4/3/2018? I was in front of the computer last night and saw the date (4/3/2018) opened up but did not see availability. I just want to confirm that IHG releases at least one room per day.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I am just wondering if anybody here successfully reserved a reward night on 4/3/2018? I was in front of the computer last night and saw the date (4/3/2018) opened up but did not see availability. I just want to confirm that IHG releases at least one room per day.
nope

Award nights are not automaically there 350nights or so ahead as date rolls across to next day (wherether 00.01 or 09.00 etc). each hotel is different

The individual IC/IHG hotels add award inventory manually themselves, mostly batching up and adding later, whether weekly, monthly, quarterly or random is upto the hotel

As such the fact you can not find award night at your chosen hotel 10-12months out does not mean the award nights have already been added by hotel as for sale and thus already reserved by IHGers, and you should keep looking.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
nope

Award nights are not automaically there 350nights or so ahead as date rolls across to next day (wherether 00.01 or 09.00 etc). each hotel is different

The individual IC/IHG hotels add award inventory manually themselves, mostly batching up and adding later, whether weekly, monthly, quarterly or random is upto the hotel

As such the fact you can not find award night at your chosen hotel 10-12months out does not mean the award nights have already been added by hotel as for sale and thus already reserved by IHGers, and you should keep looking.

Thanks scubaccr for the clarification!
I read this thread from page 100 to the end and learned that IC Thalasso award releasing pattern has various forms. I will keep looking.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 am

5/1 and 5/2/2017 became available now so 4/30, 5/1, and 5/2/2017 are available consecutively.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:46 am

5/1 and 5/2/2017 became available now so 4/30, 5/1, and 5/2/2017 are available consecutively.
Yea. Sucks that folks hog the nights just to cancel before the cancellation date, make it useless for almost everyone.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yea. Sucks that folks hog the nights just to cancel before the cancellation date, make it useless for almost everyone.

yeah I agree. This practice makes the hotel happy so that they don't have to give out reward nights. I just wish that this was a reliable trend where we could almost certainly get rewards nights before the cancellation dates. Then, all we need is to book flight and patiently wait for the reward nights to become available for our desired travel dates.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
The really annoying thing about these last minute cancellations is that all other hotels have the same or even earlier cancellation deadlines. So by the time these nights become available, you cannot cancel your existing bookings anymore and jump on the free nights.

I'm sure people know way earlier that they won't use these nights. What is the point of keeping them until the last minute and ruining it for everybody else?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
The really annoying thing about these last minute cancellations is that all other hotels have the same or even earlier cancellation deadlines. So by the time these nights become available, you cannot cancel your existing bookings anymore and jump on the free nights.

I'm sure people know way earlier that they won't use these nights. What is the point of keeping them until the last minute and ruining it for everybody else?

8/17/2017 is now available.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:02 am

Unhappy

8/17/2017 is now available.
Damn what a bummer !

I'm getting married at the Hilton Moorea on that date, and flying to Bora Bora the next day...... If only this was any day the next week
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:46 am

It's a long shot, but if anyone will be releasing 03/18 and/or 03/19/2018, kindly asking to PM me.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.