Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:20 pm

Was there some change in Hyatt policy regarding free night awards since April? I have been told on countless occasions today that hotels allocate a specific number of rooms for points and another set of room for award certificates, shouldn't they be the same?

I had to move some dates around for a booking at Hyatt Centric Waikiki (one of those Hyatts that plays games with min night requirements for award bookings) and it took me messages on FB, messages on twitter, and finally a few calls to get it booked using 2 certificates and remaining nights on points. I didn't have any issues when I booked back in April. Now I am trying to switch one of the nights from a point booking to a gifted certificate and even though I was told to have the gifter call to give permission for the certificate to be used, Hyatt won't allow it. What gives? I escalated this to a supervisor on the globalist line and got the same spiel about the room allocations for points vs certs. She can't pull up a single standard award night and so she says the certificate can't be used. Any advice? Should I just HUCA until I get a competent agent?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I had two rooms (one with a Cat 1-4 being used for a second night and one room with points. After the first night we were called home for a medical reason of a family member (btw he is okay now). Nice rep at Hyatt about all that. She said there is no penalty and that they’d check us out right then but that we’d have to call Hyatt to get back points. Normally this is instantaneous with my transfer. Hyatt chat said 7-10 days.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Any Hyatt properties , particularly ones with good 29 day low rates, with Really good gyms? Could be anywhere. Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Doing a 2 night stay with friends. We need three rooms, they do not need to be connecting nor near each other.
I'm doing the planning to make everyone's life easier, can I book 3 rooms? What's the best way to go about this?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:37 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Doing a 2 night stay with friends. We need three rooms, they do not need to be connecting nor near each other.
I'm doing the planning to make everyone's life easier, can I book 3 rooms? What's the best way to go about this?
book all 3 in your name and receive points for all rooms. Night credit for one room. See post 3270.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33385988-post3270.html
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 59Impala
book all 3 in your name and receive points for all rooms. Night credit for one room. See post 3270.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33385988-post3270.html
Thanks. App and website only allow 2 rooms to be booked at a time. Can I book the third without having the reservation cancelled? I'm considering using points for the third room so that it's obviously not an accidental res.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:26 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Thanks. App and website only allow 2 rooms to be booked at a time. Can I book the third without having the reservation cancelled? I'm considering using points for the third room so that it's obviously not an accidental res.
yes, I actually always book single rooms in a reservation, then I can always check for lower prices and adjust. Some hotels do something weird with a reservation holding 2 rooms and then does not allow me to change online anymore. Never had issues that the reservation is considered a mistake dupe booking, but you could let the hotel know in advance to be on the safe side.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
yes, I actually always book single rooms in a reservation, then I can always check for lower prices and adjust. Some hotels do something weird with a reservation holding 2 rooms and then does not allow me to change online anymore. Never had issues that the reservation is considered a mistake dupe booking, but you could let the hotel know in advance to be on the safe side.
I’ve done the same and included a note in the rez comment box re additional rooms. For the second or third I include confirmation numbers of first, second etc.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Globalist benefits
I'm a new Globalist and have a stay planned at the Centric Times Square. I'm just checking on which of the following benefits will apply:
Free breakfast
Free parking
No destination fee

I've written the hotel twice and not received a reply. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:35 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by avja
Globalist benefits
I'm a new Globalist and have a stay planned at the Centric Times Square. I'm just checking on which of the following benefits will apply:
Free breakfast
Free parking
No destination fee

I've written the hotel twice and not received a reply. Thanks for your help.

Free breakfast — YES
Free parking — potentially, but more probably NO. Free parking only when paid with points AND if parking can be theoretically charged to room and not operated by a 3rd party.
No destination fee — YES, if on eligible rate

full benefits:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ts.html#charts
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:41 am
formerly a193991

Reviews on hyatt.com

Has anybody written a review on hyatt.com, respectively on the individual hotel page? I do not see any option to write a review. They also do not seem to get populated from another source such as TA.
I have written TA reviews after receiving the survey after a stay, and those did not get populated elsewhere.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Free breakfast — YES
Free parking — potentially, but more probably NO. Free parking only when paid with points AND if parking can be theoretically charged to room and not operated by a 3rd party.
No destination fee — YES, if on eligible rate

full benefits:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ts.html#charts
Don't like the response on parking. Looks like I'll use an off site lot.
In any event, thank you for the quick response.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:48 pm

How long does it take for status nights to post? If I check out of a Hotel in the morning and reach Globalist, would I have the status benefits when I check in elsewhere on the same day?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Soriak
How long does it take for status nights to post? If I check out of a Hotel in the morning and reach Globalist, would I have the status benefits when I check in elsewhere on the same day?
No - best case they’d post at 12pm EST the day after you check out.

If your next stay is multiple nights then you can always go back to reception after your status updates and ask them to “refresh” to pick it up. Most properties are fine with this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I teach a class on metabolic health care for elderly and overweight at risk individuals at our local hospital here on Kauai. It allowed me to be vaccinated way as soon as we had vaccine which is way before I would have if not considered a health care worker. That said I have no work credentials because it is pro bono work. Do you think I would be eligible for the Hyatt health care worker rate? Should I inquire individially with the hotel? Ask Hyatt on Twitter etc? I am globalist not that that matters. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.