Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by synergistic
I was just in this situation with a cat3 property, but the property was ~$220 - I valued the points the same, calling it $145. I ended up deciding to use my August expiring 1-4 cert, since the rest of ours expire in November and later - I'll have plenty of guinea pigs with data on points conversion results by then. I'd be less inclined to do that in your shoes, because points are a limited resource given my earning habits and $115 is just a little too low. When does your first certificate expire vs the stay? That played heavily into my decision, I'm not inclined to risk getting zero value from the certificate.
The certificate expires on 12/31 and it’s the only one I have left. The rest I’ve managed to use or have stays upcoming booked with them.

I guess I booked it thinking there would be some type of promo running during this time frame and since there isn’t I’m having second thoughts about the cash rate.

But it’s basically a trade off $115 ($190 -$75 for the 5k Bonus Points) for a Cat 1-4 Cert. Except I’ll also earn ~$10 in points and spend counting towards Lifetime Globalist.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
The certificate expires on 12/31 and it’s the only one I have left. The rest I’ve managed to use or have stays upcoming booked with them.

I guess I booked it thinking there would be some type of promo running during this time frame and since there isn’t I’m having second thoughts about the cash rate.

But it’s basically a trade off $115 ($190 -$75 for the 5k Bonus Points) for a Cat 1-4 Cert. Except I’ll also earn ~$10 in points and spend counting towards Lifetime Globalist.
I was torn, too. Had three Cat1-4 with two expiring in Dec and one in April. Cash rate was $257 so I burned the certs.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I was torn, too. Had three Cat1-4 with two expiring in Dec and one in April. Cash rate was $257 so I burned the certs.
Definitely understandable. I guess the main reason I’m hesitant about not using the certificate is there’s about a 30-40% chance I won’t be able to use it later this year. But with it being $115 I think that’s the way to go risk vs. reward wise.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:51 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Has anyone Globalist done a Great Relocate and gotten upgraded for all or part of the time? Where? Is there a Great relocate thread?
just pointing to the master thread. Haven‘t done this myself.

Properties for Remote Working / “long term” stays
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Does anyone have experience at the Mexico City HH Santa Fe? I'm looking for a low cash rate with kitchen place to stay long term. Nothing I can find in LA area. But very flexible. Thx
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Doing a cost-benefit analysis for an upcoming stay and trying to determine if I should pay the cash rate or use a Cat 1-4 certificate.

Property is a Cat 3 Property and staying as a Globalist.

Parking is already complimentary at the property so no extra benefit to using the certificate.

I’d pay $190 total including taxes but since I did a Best Rate Guarantee I’d get back 5,000 points which I’d value at $75 bringing total cost down to $115, which isn’t bad plus counts towards LTG status.

It’s a 1 Night stay and before 7/20 so no promo going on to boost points, which is a minus.
Cat 3 takes 12,000 points/night. I try to get 2c/pt (and you can get much more at high end properties.) So unless you have an expiring cert, I would pay the cash rate
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I have a Cat 1-4 Promotion Award that expires on July 25th, 2021. Can I make a reservation before July 25th, but for a stay after July 25th?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I have a Cat 1-4 Promotion Award that expires on July 25th, 2021. Can I make a reservation before July 25th, but for a stay after July 25th?
No, you’d need to use it for a stay checking out on July 25th at the latest. But word is an official announcement is coming for all Certs to be extending through end of December the announcement should be coming in the next week IIRC.
lsquare and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
No, you’d need to use it for a stay checking out on July 25th at the latest. But word is an official announcement is coming for all Certs to be extending through end of December the announcement should be coming in the next week IIRC.
Source? I think I'll just hold off then cuz I really don't want to use my certificate now. I feel like the vaccine passport thing being discussed between the G7 will materialize later this year. I feel like I'll be totally wasting my certificate if I use it now. I rather use mine in the UK or France.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: Skyteam
What would you do if you reached 100 qualifying nights already, with no more milestones left, would you keep putting stays with Hyatt or would you match status and try out other programs like Marriott or Hilton?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skchin
What would you do if you reached 100 qualifying nights already, with no more milestones left, would you keep putting stays with Hyatt or would you match status and try out other programs like Marriott or Hilton?
It's all going to come down to personal valuations and situations.

For me, after I pass 100 nights, I do find myself staying at more Marriott properties. But this isn't just down to the lack of milestone rewards after 100 nights - it's down to having comparable properties, pricing, bonus offers, etc. I do the math for each stay I book and decide based on multiple factors - losing the 1,000 points per night bonus just changes the equation slightly.

Now that Marriott doesn't have any active promotions and Hyatt's about to launch another round of Bonus Journeys in a few weeks, I'll probably find myself staying more at Hyatt properties since the new promotion will provide an effective ~20% rebate (in points). There'll still be situations where I find myself at Marriotts though - e.g. when there isn't a comparable Hyatt, when pricing between comparable local properties is "out of line", where there's a BRG opportunity, etc.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:22 pm

Is it possible to decline a stay credit but still receive globalist benefits? I'm currently at 59 nights and my ideal use for the Cat 1-7 cert is over 6 months away so would like to delay reaching the 60 night milestone.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Skink
Is it possible to decline a stay credit but still receive globalist benefits? I'm currently at 59 nights and my ideal use for the Cat 1-7 cert is over 6 months away so would like to delay reaching the 60 night milestone.
I doubt it. What may be possible, though, is ask the front desk to remove your loyalty number when you check-in, which should prevent the stay from posting.
Skink likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just checked out after a lovely stay. Used a cash + point suite upgrade. My folio has a $60 charge that states “World of Hyatt Suite Award”. Anyone know what that is? My room category already qualified for the upgrade.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:50 pm

Hello all, quick question about stays when transferring points. Lets say I have plenty of Ultimate Rewards points (Chase) that I then transfer to my Hyatt account to book hotel stays. Do those stays count as qualifying nights or it is strictly those that cash purchases? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.