Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atourgates
Thanks for the info. Needed to reach out to the concierge to confirm connecting rooms since we're close to the stay, so I asked about club access as well.

Might be moot since the most recent trip report here say the lounge is open for seating only, with no service. Washington state is moving towards reopening in mid-June, but we'll be staying there Memorial Day weekend, so we'll see what happens club-wise.
I missed the 2nd room was booked with an award. You’re not supposed to be able to apply a club access award for those. But if the Lounge is open then you’ll very possibly get access anyway.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:11 pm
FT

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Ha. Love it. I am surprised that a resort in Scottsdale would be a jurisdiction where this is not allowed.... what isn't allowed in Arizona

Small mistake to learn from for larger future drink charges. I'll order a token appetizer and ask it be coded as food and not alcohol for my family vacation later this Summer.

BTW: for the charge that did earn base points, they did include the tip as part of that (link you shared said it wouldn't be the case). Does Hyatt do all this manually?
Old May 18, 2021, 9:36 am
FT

Is there any way to do a portfolio wide search for Hyatt properties that have rooms/suites that accept 5 guests? I have to do this right now on a property by property basis.
Old May 18, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I missed the 2nd room was booked with an award. You’re not supposed to be able to apply a club access award for those. But if the Lounge is open then you’ll very possibly get access anyway.
Just an update here. Our concierge confirmed that technically the 2nd room wasn't supposed to have lounge access, and you're not supposed to be able to stack lounge access certificates with any other certificates. Still, when she reached out to the hotel, she was able to confirm that all guests in both rooms will have lounge access, and receive a $25/day breakfast credit since the lounge is offering limited services: coffee, bottled water and sodas with no service staff available. She was also able to confirm our connecting rooms.

Anecdotally, it's nice that Hyatt's reputation for going above and beyond for globalists seems to be still intact, even with fears that the program has been "diluted" with reduced qualification requirements. Though, personally, I'd like a little more confidence in the form of a policy. E.g., immediate family booking connecting rooms all receive these specific perks or whatever. Still, the end result is the same, and I'm looking forward to our first stay as globalists, and our first hotel stay since the pandemic.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:19 am

[ibjfy]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 10, 2024 at 10:00 am
Old May 21, 2021, 9:26 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Dumb question. Can you change the dates on a reservation by a day without repricing to current rates?
Old May 21, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Dumb question. Can you change the dates on a reservation by a day without repricing to current rates?
No chance
Old May 21, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If you want to take off (or add on) a day at the end then the property might work with you on that. If you want to arrive a day earlier (or later) then that’s more difficult. For this it’s best to bypass Hyatt corporate and deal directly with the hotel.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:27 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
That’s exactly my scenario. Speculative booking at a cheap Hyatt in nyc on a wed-sat. No way to get there other than an award flight on Thursday . Probably will just x the whole idea.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:30 am

That’s exactly my scenario. Speculative booking at a cheap Hyatt in nyc on a wed-sat. No way to get there other than an award flight on Thursday . Probably will just x the whole idea.
Call them up, explain that there's been some issues with your flight and you can't get there until Thursday. See if they're willing to cut off the first night.

If it's a particularly cheap rate then maybe offer to pay for the first night even though you won't get there until the next day... if it's worth it for you. This situation isn't totally uncommon and unless the property is sold out for your dates then they'd probably prefer to have you stay vs. have you cancel it entirely.
Old May 21, 2021, 2:23 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
suggest just giving it a try and have it repriced. You can always not complete the change and revert back to the original reservation. Or, if not already booked, book individual stays.

if this doesn‘t work, my MHC, could reduce a 3 night stay at Andaz WeHo even with a TSU, the low price remained.

else only other option as others have stated, deal directly with hotel.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:51 am

Is there a way to view what dates are available for a property to book, instead of continuously choosing different dates? Kind of like how United shows you a fare calendar?
Old May 23, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Atreyu21
Is there a way to view what dates are available for a property to book, instead of continuously choosing different dates? Kind of like how United shows you a fare calendar?
No.

For paid rates you can use Google hotels as a proxy. For award redemptions there’s no easy way that I know of.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:08 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Atreyu21
currently not. With the peak/non-peak awards coming in July, a calendar view should be available. Maybe it will include paid stays as well? Would be great obviously...

Last edited by 59Impala; May 23, 2021 at 11:21 pm
Old May 23, 2021, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
currently not. With the peak/non-peak awards coming in July, a calendar view should be available. Maybe it will include paid stays as well? Would be treat obviously...
That might be an optimistic view - I’d expect the calendar just to show what dates are peak vs standard Vs off peak and not necessarily show whether a room is available on any given date(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.