Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Hello,
I want to address my Question to moderator admin of thread Hyatt BRG

I was discussing BRG,
and somebody jump into the conversation insulting me with word like ILLITERATE

This user has no business in the thread, I was in middle of conversation with other users
Aside being Not Helpful, he jump in with Attacking words like that.

It is humane nature for me to retaliate,
and is common sense in Social world that if you attack with words, be prepare to get attack back.
We are no children here, why start fire but expect not to get counterattack

So my comments to counter this user was Deleted by admin,
My words to my standard is okay, I did not use any Forbidden words in TV

He said I am ILLITERATE, so would be okay I mention to him about Brain Damage
This user profile is not Hyatt Loyalist, he is BW
He does not contribute to the thread in Hyatt especially in BRG topic
Just nobody who jump in to burst his anger while trying to keep within the Rule for public image (but we know his intention)

So why his comment still not being deleted , for saying ILLITERATE to me?
While the admin moderator had deleted my comments of counterattack

Lets be non partial here,
don give him special treatment just because this user had join long time and many Posts.

Regards
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Hello,
I want to address my Question to moderator admin of thread Hyatt BRG ...
While you did not seem to grasp the advice you were being given in that thread about how the BRG program works, the way you appear to have been treated is still disappointing. I believe this is the post you were referring to where another member appears to refer to you as "functionally illiterate[s]".

Originally Posted by synergistic
No wonder BRGs are tough to get, the poor reps have to deal with frustrated functional illiterates all day.

Last edited by danger; Aug 21, 2020 at 8:06 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by danger
While you did not seem grasp the advice you were being given in that thread about how the BRG program works, the way you appear to have been treated is still disappointing. I believe this is the post you were referring to where another member appears to refer to you as "functionally illiterate".

Yes,

So is okay to call somebody ILLITERATE?

Regards
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

Yes,

So is okay to call somebody ILLITERATE?

Regards
If you're asking me, the answer is a firm no.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:14 am

Also this user keep usin Sentence that Hyatt reps busy with me so will hinder his case of BRG,

And I ask this user to elaborate his BRG case with Hyatt, but he can not provide
You can read from his sentence, trying to be in the corridor while being verbally attacking to somebody

(yes he certainly will refrain from Forbidden Words of TV, he is no fool)
This user profile never appear in Hyatt, especially in Hyatt BRG
He was active in Best Western thread

So pleas admin moderator Hyatt BRG, delete his comments, since the moderator had delete mine also

Regards
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So pleas admin moderator Hyatt BRG, delete his comments, since the moderator had delete mine also
You'll see a red triangle with explanation point to the bottom left of every post. You can click on this to alert the moderators to posts that violate FT rules. This includes posts that include personal attacks or insults.

Word of warning though, apart from the UA forum, these rules are not consistently enforced on FT, which results in the general tone here being pretty nasty.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
You'll see a red triangle with explanation point to the bottom left of every post. You can click on this to alert the moderators to posts that violate FT rules. This includes posts that include personal attacks or insults.

Word of warning though, apart from the UA forum, these rules are not consistently enforced on FT, which results in the general tone here being pretty nasty.
Thank you
Already push the Button, guess will need some time from Moderator to review
Actually when the moderator Deleting my comments, should have already seen the Trigger words calling somebody ILLITERATE
Just wondering why moderator did NOT see that while deleting my comments

Lets hope the inappropriate comments will be deleted soon, so to be Non Partial/ Non partisan
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
When do the qualifying nights get added to your hyatt account for the CC spend ($5K = 2 nights)? Is it after every card close (or payment) that if you get the $5K threshold it gets added or some other time interval?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mayday23
When do the qualifying nights get added to your hyatt account for the CC spend ($5K = 2 nights)? Is it after every card close (or payment) that if you get the $5K threshold it gets added or some other time interval?
You get the nights usually within 24-48 hours of the statement date where you completed the spend. Its about a day after you get the points from the statement in my experience.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
You get the nights usually within 24-48 hours of the statement date where you completed the spend. Its about a day after you get the points from the statement in my experience.
i'm assuming that the spend rolls? So if I spend $4,500 in one statement, i just need $500 in the next statement to get 2 nights.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:51 am

i'm assuming that the spend rolls? So if I spend $4,500 in one statement, i just need $500 in the next statement to get 2 nights.
Thats correct. $1 will trigger it if you've spent $4,999 in the past after the last time you got nights.
lsquare and mayday23 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 2:19 pm

I'm globalist. If i use a point award stay, can i use a 'Suite Upgrade Awards' ? Or is that only valid for cash stays?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:47 pm

I'm globalist. If i use a point award stay, can i use a 'Suite Upgrade Awards' ? Or is that only valid for cash stays?
Yes you just can't use it on most free night certificates. I'm on points currently in cancun using a suite upgrade.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yes you just can't use it on most free night certificates. I'm on points currently in cancun using a suite upgrade.
Thanks and enjoy Cancun!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:36 pm

Does anyone know if Suite Night Upgrade can be used on booking through 3rd party? Nothing in the language seems to exclude this. I have a booking as part of delta vacation package that I would like to use it on.

Last edited by AndyKehn; Sep 9, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.