Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, the GC payment counts towards Eligible Spend. You’d have $150 in Eligible Spend or 750 Base points towards the 1,000,000 needed.

For you you’d net a total of:

750 Base Points

150 Explorist Bonus Points

1,500 Q3/Q4 Bonus

600 Points WOH CC 4x

Total = 3,000 Points earned.
The bonus journeys promotion excludes gift card payments so you don't earn 3x or 4x on payments using gift cards, if this is true or not I don't know but its what the terms say.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
The bonus journeys promotion excludes gift card payments so you don't earn 3x or 4x on payments using gift cards, if this is true or not I don't know but its what the terms say.
Ouch. Does the GC ever expire ? Maybe I'll use it in 2021 then.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
I’ve used GC for partial payment and received the bonus points. YMMV

Originally Posted by lsquare
Ouch. Does the GC ever expire ? Maybe I'll use it in 2021 then.
GC’s Of any kind (including Hyatt) never expire it’s federal law you could use it in 2031.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:01 pm

So I booked 4 nights through the app, and I talked to the front desk and extended my stay for 5 more nights. I'm 99% sure it's fine, but I wanted to see if anyone can confirm my elite nights and everything will be counted.

I plan to extend another 20ish nights, so I want to just make sure.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by itcheroni
So I booked 4 nights through the app, and I talked to the front desk and extended my stay for 5 more nights. I'm 99% sure it's fine, but I wanted to see if anyone can confirm my elite nights and everything will be counted.

I plan to extend another 20ish nights, so I want to just make sure.
All elite nights will be counted it should all be on the same folio, even if it’s not there shouldn’t be any issue.

Is there any reason you want to keep extending? (Are they giving you a good/better rate?) Just curious.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's something strange that I noticed. My gf made a reservation under her name. Since she doesn't care about status, I gave the front desk rep my Hyatt #. Yet, I don't see the stay in the app. Why? I'm assuming I'll eventually get the points and the EQN?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:03 am

GC’s Of any kind (including Hyatt) never expire it’s federal law you could use it in 2031.
Under the federal Credit CARD Act of 2009, gift certificates and store gift cards can't expire for five years. However, issuers can still charge an "inactivity fee" if the card has not been used within twelve months. (15 U.S.C. § 1693l–1).
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
Under the federal Credit CARD Act of 2009, gift certificates and store gift cards can't expire for five years. However, issuers can still charge an "inactivity fee" if the card has not been used within twelve months. (15 U.S.C. § 1693l–1).
What is Hyatt's policy on that issue then?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:20 am

All elite nights will be counted it should all be on the same folio, even if it’s not there shouldn’t be any issue.

Is there any reason you want to keep extending? (Are they giving you a good/better rate?) Just curious.
I'm doing the current promo, and I'm just extending a few days at a time opposed to booking a large block of nights just to give myself just a little flexibility in case I decide to cut my plans short. The front desk also asked me to just extend directly with them rather than use the app. The rate they give is the same as the app, but it's already really low, around $39 after tax.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:28 am

What is Hyatt's policy on that issue then?
Originally Posted by richarddd
Many states have stricter laws governing gift cards.

For example -

“Gift Certificates and Gift Cards for use with the seller and its affiliates cannot contain an expiration date or a service fee, including a fee for dormancy. California laws governing gift cards andgift certificates cannot be waived.”

“California also requires merchants to provide cash back for a card with a balance less than $10.”

Because of individual state laws enhancing the federal statutes Merchants who operate nationally (in the US) tend to abide by the strictest state’s law across all state’s to be able to have a uniform policy rather than create individual policies for each state.

Hyatt does not have any expiration for their gift cards nor do they charge a dormancy fee.

”No,
Hyatt Gift Cards do not expire or carry any fees.”

https://www.buyatab.com/custom/hyatt/faq.html

(Hyatt’s authorized seller).

An example of what I said above about companies abiding by the strictest law (most consumer friendly) would be Home Depot or L Brands (Bath & Body Works, Victoria’s Secret/PINK) Gift Cards. No matter what state you are in if you use a Gift Card and the balance drops below $10 you can tell them right then and there you’d like the balance in cash. CA is the only state requiring them to provide cash for balances under $10, but because of this these and other major stores have made it a uniform policy at all their locations.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by itcheroni
I'm doing the current promo, and I'm just extending a few days at a time opposed to booking a large block of nights just to give myself just a little flexibility in case I decide to cut my plans short. The front desk also asked me to just extend directly with them rather than use the app. The rate they give is the same as the app, but it's already really low, around $39 after tax.
How is a rate below $40?? I’ve honestly never seen a rate below $40 after taxes/fees (that includes MLife with their $7 Rates but $38 Resort Fees).

Is the property in the US or abroad? Just wondering personally as it inspires me to keep looking for stays for next year.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's something strange that I noticed. My gf made a reservation under her name. Since she doesn't care about status, I gave the front desk rep my Hyatt #. Yet, I don't see the stay in the app. Why? I'm assuming I'll eventually get the points and the EQN?
Help?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:39 pm

Help?
If it’s paid for with her Credit Card (her card being used for the deposit) you likely won’t get credit for it. Best way to do situations like that would be to book then pay with your card and ask her to reimburse you.

Not saying you 100% won’t get any credit, just saying if it’s paid for with her card and was originally booked under her name the credit wouldn’t go to you, it’d go to her and if she doesn’t have a WOH account then it’ll sit in limbo.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it’s paid for with her Credit Card (her card being used for the deposit) you likely won’t get credit for it. Best way to do situations like that would be to book then pay with your card and ask her to reimburse you.

Not saying you 100% won’t get any credit, just saying if it’s paid for with her card and was originally booked under her name the credit wouldn’t go to you, it’d go to her and if she doesn’t have a WOH account then it’ll sit in limbo.
She did used her credit card for the deposit at check-in. I wasn't there when she checked-in as I had to deal with a flat tire in my car. However, I told the front desk rep later to add my WoH number to the folio. The rep even changed the receipt to show me as the person that's paying for the room. Although the receipt does show the room was transferred to me in one of the lines. It shows my gf's name with arrows pointing to me. I used my WoH Chase CC to pay for the card at check-out. The bottom left corner of the receipt does show 0 qualifying night and spend. I don't have a good feeling about this. You think I'll get my EQN and points then?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 pm

She did used her credit card for the deposit at check-in. I wasn't there when she checked-in as I had to deal with a flat tire in my car. However, I told the front desk rep later to add my WoH number to the folio. The rep even changed the receipt to show me as the person that's paying for the room. Although the receipt does show the room was transferred to me in one of the lines. It shows my gf's name with arrows pointing to me. I used my WoH Chase CC to pay for the card at check-out. The bottom left corner of the receipt does show 0 qualifying night and spend. I don't have a good feeling about this. You think I'll get my EQN and points then?
I would reach out to Hyatt and let them know that you were the one who stayed and paid using your WOH Visa.

0 Nights and 0 Spend sounds odd, send it to Hyatt.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.