Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
Valet drop off - St Louis Hyatt Regency

I feel dumb... so asking this here! I've been to the St Louis Hyatt Regency before, but always for one night and didn't take my car out. I'll be there tonight for three nights, and will be taking the car out while I'm there. I know where to drop the car off when I arrive. Is it the same place when you return to hotel every day, or do you have to drive into the parking garage somehow?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:50 am

My wife and I just booked our first Hyatt. We transferred points from Chase to Hyatt and got a room at a Hyatt Place in Inner Harbor Baltimore at 12k/night for 3 nights. Rack rate was $330/night. We've never actually stayed at a Hyatt before.

1. Is Hyatt generally competing with SPG, but Hyatt Place is the more budget brand?
2. Some reports say that the Chase to Hyatt transfer provides good value. I think it did here, but it that still generally the case following the new "World of Hyatt"?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If you don't have status, World of Hyatt doesn't mean much to you.

As for value, that's for you to decide. HP is a more budget brand than Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, or even Regency. Some HPs are very nice.

However, I have seen some HPs on the expensive side in high demand areas or at popular times. For example, the HP in Waikiki is not that much cheaper than the Regency.

The inner Harbor, particularly in summer, probably qualifies as a tourist destination and high demand.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
My wife and I just booked our first Hyatt. We transferred points from Chase to Hyatt and got a room at a Hyatt Place in Inner Harbor Baltimore at 12k/night for 3 nights. Rack rate was $330/night. We've never actually stayed at a Hyatt before.

1. Is Hyatt generally competing with SPG, but Hyatt Place is the more budget brand?
2. Some reports say that the Chase to Hyatt transfer provides good value. I think it did here, but it that still generally the case following the new "World of Hyatt"?
Agree with Mary. The transfer value Chase-Hyatt isnt really impacted by World of Hyatt given that hotels didnt change categories as a result.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Only impact was for diamond members. Those that make over 30-60 stays. Pions didn't have much benefit before or after WoH
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:02 pm

Is it possible if you think a hotel may sell out is to book a normal standard cash rate initially and then after getting the 2 free nights from the credit card to then convert to a free nights reservation from the original cash reservation?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Is Hyatt generally competing with SPG, but Hyatt Place is the more budget brand?
Hyatt Place is a limited service brand. Equivalent to a Hilton Garden Inn or a Marriott Courtyard. I suppose Aloft/Four Points would be closest SPG comparison.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is it possible if you think a hotel may sell out is to book a normal standard cash rate initially and then after getting the 2 free nights from the credit card to then convert to a free nights reservation from the original cash reservation?
Only if a standard room is available. If you think the hotel is going to sell out, or even be very busy, it's not likely a standard room will be available - even if you book one now, cancel, and try to pick it up as a free night.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I am looking to make a 5 night reservation at HR Maui. The average nightly rate for a 5 night res is $365 + resort fee + taxes. But if you search one night at a time , each night is $245+resort fee+taxes. In total you pay $135 more a night for a multi-night reservation, the opposite of what you would expect. What is the reason for this and will there be a problem if I make five 1 night reservations?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:08 am

I haven't a clue why this is, but I would call to make the reservation and ask them why it's happening. If they can't answer or help you, I would make 5 reservations and call in to have them linked.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Normally this only happens if one of the nights has the higher rate.... simply book 5 single nights, they will be linked.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I haven't a clue why this is, but I would call to make the reservation and ask them why it's happening. If they can't answer or help you, I would make 5 reservations and call in to have them linked.
Likely this happens when one of the nights is a higher rate. Also, sometimes the bed type changes mid stay and looks like every night is the same price, but its really shifting to a different room.

I wouldnt even bother calling in - these are always linked by the hotel in their systems prior to your stay. I do this all the time at a myriad of different properties to save my company a buck or two.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Likely this happens when one of the nights is a higher rate. Also, sometimes the bed type changes mid stay and looks like every night is the same price, but its really shifting to a different room.
I checked the price of each individual night and they are all the same. The room/bed type is also the same
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I checked the price of each individual night and they are all the same. The room/bed type is also the same
Hotel pricing games. Most people will just book 5 at the higher rate and never know they could have gotten it cheaper.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Hotel pricing games. Most people will just book 5 at the higher rate and never know they could have gotten it cheaper.
I just checked the Andaz Maui for same dates over thanksgiving, $514++ for five night res, one night rates are 514,434,434,464,464

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.