Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Suite upgrade for 8 nights stay with (1)cert

I have upcoming consecutive 8 nights stay and I want to use Tier upgrade cert.
I want to know if I can upgrade only 7 nights (1 night standard room + 7 nights suite in one reservation) in one 8 nights reservation?

This is my situation,
・8 consecutive nights, total rate is $1900, but 2 separate reservations, total rate goes up to $2340, that's why I don't want to split into two reservations.
・Also, I don't wanto burn additional cert just for late arrival one night.

Japanese local concierge is not helpful and alway just saying "NO", so I want to know if this is technically possible in Hyatt system or not.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If you use one TSU, the hotel may accommodate you and upgrade you for the 1 night due to your status. But it's up to the hotel to do so.

I don't believe the Hyatt system will allow you to break your reservation into 2 parts and only apply one TSU to it.

You might want to call customer service and ask why the rate is different when splitting it. However, they may tell you that one of the nights is only available at a higher rate.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For one reservation the answer is going to be no.... and even if you split it in 2 reservations it could be denied under the new WOH rules. So you could start with one res for 7 nights and aplly the TSU and then book another night later. The property can still make you change rooms though, although most won't.

Simply accept that 8 nights on one TSU is one night too much, no need for the angry face.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:11 pm

Can anyone explain exactly how stay credits work? I just completed a stay from May 27-29th as shown in my original booked email but "Past Activity" shows 26-28. It's actually shifted 1 day earlier for ALL my stays at any property.

In this context it doesn't matter but I do have an upcoming stay that ends on Jan 1 2018 and I need to know since it'll affect requal.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by opiuman
Can anyone explain exactly how stay credits work? I just completed a stay from May 27-29th as shown in my original booked email but "Past Activity" shows 26-28. It's actually shifted 1 day earlier for ALL my stays at any property.

In this context it doesn't matter but I do have an upcoming stay that ends on Jan 1 2018 and I need to know since it'll affect requal.
Sounds like one of the many quirks of hyatt website. Stay credit is for the night of your stay so it should be 27th and 28th.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:56 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

CHeck-out day will deem to which year the nights get credited. I have had this twice already over New Years' Eve and in both occasions the nights were credited to the new year (which I needed).
From what I understand though, is you can call WOH and get the nights credited to the "old" year, too. they seem to be flexible (at least under GP, not sure about WOH though)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 59Impala
From what I understand though, is you can call WOH and get the nights credited to the "old" year, too. they seem to be flexible (at least under GP, not sure about WOH though)
No they are not.... They are complete morons about this, sticking to the mantra that nights credit is determined by checkout date even thought all referals are made to a calendar year.

I had to try 4 times last year for someone finally came to their senses.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:24 am

Damn in that case I'll be losing 8 nights for this year since the stay ends on Jan 1 2018.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:27 am

If you're traveling with someone, then check out on Dec 31 and have the other person check in for the night.

Unfotunately, that's what I've had to do to get credit for the current promotion.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
If you're traveling with someone, then check out on Dec 31 and have the other person check in for the night.

Unfotunately, that's what I've had to do to get credit for the current promotion.
That's allowed on a single stay of 8 nights? That sounds very bizarre.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:09 pm

You will have a single stay of 7 nights and the other person will have a single stay of 1 night. You'll lose 1 night, but it's better than losing all 8.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:00 pm

Ah I get what you mean, I'll have to give them a call as it was made with 2 TSU.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:38 pm

What is ridiculous is that I had to explain to a hotel why I wanted to do it that way. In the past, check in date is what counted and a quick phone call would get it resolved if it didn't post as qualifying.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold

What timezone was the hotel you stayed in vs your default timezone vs US Central time?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
What timezone was the hotel you stayed in vs your default timezone vs US Central time?
All my stays are PST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.