Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 2:59 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Exclamation [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Hyatt Hotels and the Gold Passport program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Hyatt you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Ambassadors will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers.

We're all glad you are here.

MOD NOTE: This thread has been restarted - the previous thread is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...lame-free.html

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 21, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thank you both! ^
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Any hints to get the Grand Hyatt DFW using Hotwire secret hotels?

Looking for a one night stay later this year at the Grand DFW. I'd like to use the Hotwire Secret Hotel " game" to reduce the rate.

Sometimes if a hotel is unique enough to the area there are subtle signs in the Hotwire description that point to a specific hotel. Any such known hints that people use for pinpointing the Grand DFW as the Hotwire hotel?

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
Proper credit for 25th stay....

I had a NYE stay which would be my 25th and hence my diamond qualification. However the website/app has it improperly tasked to this year.

How can I get it against the proper time, and get my due Diamond status? If after the earlier status matches fiasco, and if they pull some nonsense on my one stay, I probably would be highly peeved, to say the least. Can I DM the GP rep on Flyertalk, for example?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If you Tweet they are usually very efficent.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:11 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Does a points and cash booking count as a qualifying "stay" credit?

Do you get the 1000 points Diamond amenity for it?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes to all.

You always get diamond benefits, no matter the manner paid.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If you Tweet they are usually very efficent.
Thanks ExpatSomchai - I did so to HyattConcierge, and they are forwarding it to GP Team. This is better performance than say, the Samsung promo I'm also currently dealing with. I just hope to get the diamond thing properly.

WM
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Quick question-- I made a reservation for 4 rooms x 4 nights each, but they made me put the 4th room under a different name I was only allowed 3 under my name.

It's all under 1 reservation number; will I get all of the points for the booking or for only the 3 rooms?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
terpzone seems it was answered here but is an old thread so not sure if rules have changed

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...om-credit.html
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
terpzone seems it was answered here but is an old thread so not sure if rules have changed

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...om-credit.html
Thanks.. seems like I should get points on all rooms. I'll create a passport# for my brother just in case and transfer to myself if it comes to it.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:27 pm

What's the estimated value of 1 Hyatt point right now?

Not sure if it is worth to accumulate hyatt points or airline mileage. Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by John Wang
What's the estimated value of 1 Hyatt point right now?
It's really subjective.

Points Guy does a monthly valuation of various FF currencies. Here's his December Valuation. I think his number may need to be adjusted down based on the Diamond twitter match fiasco.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
Opening up points plus cash nights

Has anyone ever had luck getting a property to open up a night for points plus cash if the other nights they need have availability? In other words, getting a third night open on a 3 night stay if the other two have rooms available?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by WoofusMaximus
I had a NYE stay which would be my 25th and hence my diamond qualification. However the website/app has it improperly tasked to this year.

How can I get it against the proper time, and get my due Diamond status? If after the earlier status matches fiasco, and if they pull some nonsense on my one stay, I probably would be highly peeved, to say the least. Can I DM the GP rep on Flyertalk, for example?
Normally, stay credit (and night credit) are based on checkout date. If your stay was for the night of NYE (1 night only for the night of 12/31), it is proper that the stay be credited to the new year. It is possible that they'll be lenient and manually adjust it to be in the old year.

If your stay was multiple nights then, they will adjust it for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.