Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by opiuman
Can anyone explain exactly how stay credits work? I just completed a stay from May 27-29th as shown in my original booked email but "Past Activity" shows 26-28. It's actually shifted 1 day earlier for ALL my stays at any property.

In this context it doesn't matter but I do have an upcoming stay that ends on Jan 1 2018 and I need to know since it'll affect requal.
Mine has been like that for the better part of a year. I've tried to talk to people, no one has done anything. I think I actually posted about it in this thread

Edit:
Actually, I postedin the website problem thread

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Anyone else notice that all of their previous stays are listed as happening one day off from when they actually occurred? For instance, I had a M-F stay last week which is 10/17-10/21. Website shows 10/16-10/20. Same for all my stays stretching back as far as I looked.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA
There is no award availability at all for the Hyatt Place White House DC. None at all for the rest of the calendar. There are standard rooms available (or what I think would be standard rooms) such as "King Bed with Sofabed" and "King Bed no Sofabed" but these do not show up as bookable with awards. Is this a bug or a scam to prevent us from redeeming points?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wiivile
There is no award availability at all for the Hyatt Place White House DC. None at all for the rest of the calendar. There are standard rooms available (or what I think would be standard rooms) such as "King Bed with Sofabed" and "King Bed no Sofabed" but these do not show up as bookable with awards. Is this a bug or a scam to prevent us from redeeming points?
I see awards available the very last night on the calendar (July 8, 2018), booking into King (with sofabed), King (no sofabed), or 2 Queens (with sofabed). I also see P&C for most of June 2018.

Curiously, they are not offering awards on many other days these same room types are available.

I would suggest pm'ing WoH Concierge on the theory this may just be an error. (Of course, it may be the property blatantly violating WoH T&C, but I'd give them a chance to show it's an error before so concluding.)
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Kacee
I see awards available the very last night on the calendar (July 8, 2018), booking into King (with sofabed), King (no sofabed), or 2 Queens (with sofabed). I also see P&C for most of June 2018.

Curiously, they are not offering awards on many other days these same room types are available.

I would suggest pm'ing WoH Concierge on the theory this may just be an error. (Of course, it may be the property blatantly violating WoH T&C, but I'd give them a chance to show it's an error before so concluding.)
How is it possible for there to be P+C but no regular award availability?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Because that's a rate a property has full control over... no rules or other limitations.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wiivile
How is it possible for there to be P+C but no regular award availability?
Originally Posted by RTW1
Because that's a rate a property has full control over... no rules or other limitations.
True, but rather odd b/c reports are that the properties earn less from P+C than pure points stays.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

I need to get 13,400 hyatt points to get enough for a free stay in Maui.

What is the best and cheapest way to get those points? Tracking it would cost me $336 from Hyatt to buy 14k points...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Kcardinal, do you have a Chase Sapphire preferred card? Or a Diners' Club card? Their points can be transferred into Hyatt. Or do you have a friend/ relative who is also a Hyatt member? S/He can transfer points from their account to yours fee-free.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Kcardinal, do you have a Chase Sapphire preferred card? Or a Diners' Club card? Their points can be transferred into Hyatt. Or do you have a friend/ relative who is also a Hyatt member? S/He can transfer points from their account to yours fee-free.
Brendan-

Sorry I should have clarified. I am transferring all my Chase UR points to Hyatt for this stay. Still short 13k to stay at a cat 8 resort club level for 5 nights.

I have an Amex plat, USAA cash rewards, and a smattering of random miles stored in frequent flier and rental car accounts. I'm not sure if I can transfer points from them to Hyatt though (I know I can transfer my amex points to Hyatt).

No friends/family that can help from what I know :\
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by kcardinal
I need to get 13,400 hyatt points to get enough for a free stay in Maui.

What is the best and cheapest way to get those points? Tracking it would cost me $336 from Hyatt to buy 14k points...
Chase reserve or preferred is the best.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:05 pm

i have two free award nights that came with the chase hyatt card signup.

I just realized they are going to expire on July 1st. and I cannot travel over that weekend or before due to other commitments. Is there any way I could renew them? I know they could be used to sped two nights at up to Cat 7 hotels worldwide. But I obviously can't use them. Just curious, Can I sell them to some one (by making a reservation with a authorized user)?

Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by RJ5929
i have two free award nights that came with the chase hyatt card signup.

I just realized they are going to expire on July 1st. and I cannot travel over that weekend or before due to other commitments. Is there any way I could renew them? I know they could be used to sped two nights at up to Cat 7 hotels worldwide. But I obviously can't use them. Just curious, Can I sell them to some one (by making a reservation with a authorized user)?

Thanks.
If you have status you should be able to convert them for points after expiry.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:36 am

[IBJ]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 10, 2024 at 9:57 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by beltway
thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Im considering a stay st the grand hyatt hong kong. I see i can book a base room on points. I also see i can pay for a base room and upgrade to club with extra points. Is there a way to book a club room purely on points? I don't see an option for this on the website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.