Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
To avoid any questions or misunderstandings, you should just call the hotel directly and ask.
Thanks very much!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Booked a 3 night stay at the GH Bali. The first two nights I redeemed 17K points/night for a club level room. On the 3rd night, I redeemed my Chase Visa Anniversary Night certificate. I am sure that they can link reservations - no problem. My question(s) is(are):

1. Any chance that they will keep me in Grand Club for all three nights of my stay?

2. If I do change rooms (which I have absolutely no problem doing because that is how it's booked) - any chance that they may give me Grand Club access?

Cheers!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Booked a 3 night stay at the GH Bali. The first two nights I redeemed 17K points/night for a club level room. On the 3rd night, I redeemed my Chase Visa Anniversary Night certificate. I am sure that they can link reservations - no problem. My question(s) is(are):

1. Any chance that they will keep me in Grand Club for all three nights of my stay?

2. If I do change rooms (which I have absolutely no problem doing because that is how it's booked) - any chance that they may give me Grand Club access?

Cheers!
My guess is that your chances of #1 happening are greater than #2 happening. Did you consider sandwiching your free night within the two club night bookings? Good luck. I think you have a better than 50/50 chance of #1 happening.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Super BOwl LI

Any FT'ers going to be in IAH for SBLI this week-end? If so, PM me to see if interested in getting together for a beer or two or three. @:-)

TIA,

LFC

PS: GO Pat's!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Read their terms about the program here: https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...-guarantee.jsp

You have to make a reservation from the 3rd party sight first, then fill out the claim form at the link above.
Not true. However a reservation from Hyatt.com is.

​​​​
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:26 am

If I recall correctly, there's a thread discussing the highest value/best deal Hyatt properties worldwide. My searches haven't revealed. Anyone? Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:31 pm

Sign-up Free Nights

I know from research that the CC sign-up free night awards are not transferable.
However, last night I had to call in for another reason and inquired along the way about using my 2 free nights on a booking for my parents to surprise them for their wedding anniversary.
The agent stated that this would be possible as of March 1st, when the new program takes effect.

Could someone chime in and either confirm or correct this statement ?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm not aware of that. Cust Svc is probably not 100% certain what will be on March 1. I would call in again - and not count on anything until the new program goes into effect.

We've seen too many cases of the agents giving out incorrect information regarding the new program - and even the old one.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:46 pm

If I use a free award night, does that refresh the expiration date for my Hyatt Passport points?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:57 pm

No, it does not. However, if you charge something to your room and earn points for it, then it will refresh the expiration date.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:00 pm

I have a reservation already at a property in late March booked. I was going to call the Diamond number at March 1st to potentially look for an upgrade using a DSU. What time should I call? Feb 28th at 9 PM EST? Is it gonna be a madhouse?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opiuman
I have a reservation already at a property in late March booked. I was going to call the Diamond number at March 1st to potentially look for an upgrade using a DSU. What time should I call? Feb 28th at 9 PM EST? Is it gonna be a madhouse?
I've been told the new DSUs must be posted in your account in order to use them and they should be posted within a few days of March 1st (but no assurance they'd be there on the 1st). I'd keep an eye on your account and call as soon as you see them, assuming the suite is still available.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:24 am

I sure hope Hyatt is going to have extra customer service reps the first week of March because they are going to be very, very busy.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:36 pm

Right now I have a Ocean Front booked at HR Waikiki which is really the ideal room/view type I want, should I also book a base room for the same dates or just wait until the 4 new DSUs come in and handle it then? In addition the stay is planned for 8 nights so I would have to use 2 anyway. Should I book 2 separate stays now with different lengths and try to apply DSU in 2 weeks? Is there any benefit to booking anything higher than the base room when using a DSU?

Dumb questions but this is the first time I'm using a DSU as I got Diamond late 2016 and didn't have anything planned pre March 2017.

Last edited by opiuman; Feb 15, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you already have the room type booked that is perfect for you, why change to a suite?

But if you want a suite with a DSU booking the lowest priced room is the way to go. But suite inventory needs to be available, and for a stay of 8 days that will be a challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.