Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:12 pm

Looking toward the future, would staying at least 60 nights between Jan-Feb of 2018 give you Globalist until March 2020? Seems impossible at first since there aren't 60 days in those two months but what if you had a stay overlap the calendar year boundary. ex. a week stay that ended on the 1st or 2nd of January. Then you have enough time to do the rest. I'm not too familiar with how this works but I'm sure someone has had some experience with stays that have overlapped Dec 31-Jan 1.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:24 am

I wanted to use points to stay at Hyatt Place to save money in Waikiki and get some points for paying for a few nights. I called and was told for points there was only a King (with sleeper sofa) available. They said it was only for 2 people. I said OK even though I would also have two toddlers. I would reserve it and decide what to do later.

I then went online and it showed 2 queen bed rooms available for the nights I booked. I know they only save certain rooms for points. I'm using points for 1 night, 3 nights are paid.

I checked expedia prices out of curiosity and it showed the king bed room would fit 4 people. The king room showed up as an option when I plugged in 2 adults, 2 kids for a search. Hyatt said only 2 people. So why, is there a discrepancy in how many fit in the room? It seems odd to have a king bed and a sleeper sofa which typically fits 4 only allowed for 2. So what do I do? Should I just risk the points room in a King with my two kids and hope we get queens and otherwise settle for the sleeper sofa?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Sent in email queries, never heard back. Looking to book a block of rooms 50-100. Does any of this count towards base spend for Globalist next year?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Read the T&C's for spending that amount of money and see what the contract will say.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA
Is there any easy rule to know which Hyatts have club lounges so I can use my club passes?

It seems that their most upscale (Park Hyatt) and downscale (Hyatt Place) brands don't seem to have them. The Hyatt Centric in San Francisco I booked also doesn't have one...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
We all wish there were The only real way to tell is to look at the hotel descriptions.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Quick question on free night certificate.

I am globalist until 2/28/2019 and I wonder if I achieve 30 nights for this year (I have 27 nights complete before 2/28/2017), will I get a category 1-4 free night certificate?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wiivile
Is there any easy rule to know which Hyatts have club lounges so I can use my club passes?
The easy rule is to start with the assumption that there is a club lounge at an Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt and then look at the website for each property to see if they have a club. Some exceptions for the other brands but in general not at an Andaz, PH or Centric.

But there is no easy rule that works all the time.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:24 pm

If I book a stay through a 3rd party site, say, Rocketmiles, will I earn credit as a night stayed? Points? Will Globalists privileges still apply?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
If I book a stay through a 3rd party site, say, Rocketmiles, will I earn credit as a night stayed? Points? Will Globalists privileges still apply?
OTA rates are "ineligible" rates and thus do not accrue points, nor do elite benefits apply. This would include bookings on Expedia, Priceline, etc., and I assume Rocketmiles falls in that category.

The unavailability of elite benefits on an "ineligible rate" is a post March 1 change to the program. Previously, these rates did not earn points, but you did get elite benefits.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:01 am

Is there a way to do an award night search (w/points) on the Hyatt website? Or do you have to click through to each individual hotel to see award availability?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trouble747
Is there a way to do an award night search (w/points) on the Hyatt website? Or do you have to click through to each individual hotel to see award availability?
Good article on this....

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea....-availability/
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:25 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
You can enter corporate code 51440 in a given city, and based on the rates, you can identify if points&cash is available (e.g. a Hyatt Place for 50 USD). This means, there will also be award space availability.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I find using the app is quicker... as it has a toggle for WOH Points for a given city. Its not the "website" but it is what it is.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:06 pm

Gold Passport Concierge still around?

Hi, I've gotten assistance from these ladies and gentlemen in the past. Are they still here on the forum and are answering to PM's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.