Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I rec'd my free night cert from my hyatt visa credit card. it says it can be used for cat 1-4, but it is showing that I can use it at a cat 5...the hyatt verasa napa? is this just an error that i should take advantage of or is there a reason this works?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
I dont want to have to create a new thread.

I have the amex offer with the Hyatt ($200 get back $60). Anyone have experience splitting payments at checkout? I've used GC before without a problem and it seems they can do it with a CC.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by koctail
I rec'd my free night cert from my hyatt visa credit card. it says it can be used for cat 1-4, but it is showing that I can use it at a cat 5...the hyatt verasa napa? is this just an error that i should take advantage of or is there a reason this works?
If you try, it won't work. It's an error in the system, but it won't allow you to book it.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:48 pm

Looking to re-qualify for Diamond... if I stay the same night, say December 15th, but at two different properties, will I get two stay credits?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No, unless you have a good excuse and can get stay credit added manually.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by explorer84
I dont want to have to create a new thread.

I have the amex offer with the Hyatt ($200 get back $60). Anyone have experience splitting payments at checkout? I've used GC before without a problem and it seems they can do it with a CC.
Yes they can split payments at checkout.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Yes they can split payments at checkout.
I have another Hyatt amex offer question should anyone by chance know.

I will be staying at the MGM Grand in Vegas this weekend. As it's a Hyatt property, will paying with my Amex trigger this offer?

Many thanks..
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by surikatina
I have another Hyatt amex offer question should anyone by chance know.

I will be staying at the MGM Grand in Vegas this weekend. As it's a Hyatt property, will paying with my Amex trigger this offer?

Many thanks..
Correction - MGM Grand is NOT a Hyatt property. It is an Mlife property. Hyatt just has a partnership with Mlife that lets you match your status across and book through Hyatt website. This has nothing to do with how it will come through on your Amex card. I highly highly doubt that it will show anything having to do with Hyatt.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:02 pm

Hyatt Status Challenge

Current Hilton customer and would like to switch to Hyatt. Any idea when Hyatt will issue a Diamond challenge?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Correction - MGM Grand is NOT a Hyatt property. It is an Mlife property. Hyatt just has a partnership with Mlife that lets you match your status across and book through Hyatt website. This has nothing to do with how it will come through on your Amex card. I highly highly doubt that it will show anything having to do with Hyatt.

I appreciate the clarification, cdancer20.

Thank you!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ZTNC
Current Hilton customer and would like to switch to Hyatt. Any idea when Hyatt will issue a Diamond challenge?
Given the upcoming changes to Hyatt GP to "World of Hyatt", I wouldn't expect anything until at least March for the new program.

But I could be wrong.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:15 am

Hi everyone,

I am a current Hyatt Diamond with expiring DSUs. A group of coworkers and I will be on a business trip early next year and staying at an Andaz. I have already booked my room and used one DSU. I was planning on making a second reservation for my coworker and applying another DSU for him/her.

My question is, for reimbursement reasons, would it be possible to change this second reservation to his/her name as the primary guest and keep the suite upgrade?

Also, would I have to use my own credit card or can my coworker use theirs?

Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Hi, I just Qualified for Diamond a few weeks back (My first time). I then got 4 DSU which expire in February. I have some stays coming up in April and the Hyatt Concierge (Twitter) said they could not hold the DSU upgrade on a room for after end of Feb as I have not gotten my 2016 ones yet. What is the best strategy? Should I just use the 6K point per night to hold the suite under my name and then go back and apply the DSU after March 1st? As they are on the way why can I not already book with one of the 2017 DSU's?

Thanks for your advice!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by thinkorswim
Hi everyone,

I am a current Hyatt Diamond with expiring DSUs. A group of coworkers and I will be on a business trip early next year and staying at an Andaz. I have already booked my room and used one DSU. I was planning on making a second reservation for my coworker and applying another DSU for him/her.

My question is, for reimbursement reasons, would it be possible to change this second reservation to his/her name as the primary guest and keep the suite upgrade?

Also, would I have to use my own credit card or can my coworker use theirs?

Thank you!
I don't expect this to work for changing to his name. The DSU is meant for the Diamond member. While yes you can use more than one during a stay, I have, if you change the name on it, it might certainly cause problems. You can add him as a secondary guest though but I'm not sure if it will show his name on any final receipts for reimbursement purposes. As far as payment, you can use whatever (or whoever) payment you like.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
Hi, I just Qualified for Diamond a few weeks back (My first time). I then got 4 DSU which expire in February. I have some stays coming up in April and the Hyatt Concierge (Twitter) said they could not hold the DSU upgrade on a room for after end of Feb as I have not gotten my 2016 ones yet. What is the best strategy? Should I just use the 6K point per night to hold the suite under my name and then go back and apply the DSU after March 1st? As they are on the way why can I not already book with one of the 2017 DSU's?

Thanks for your advice!
2016 DSUs expire on 02/28. You must CHECK OUT by that day. That's the new rule this year. For the last part of your question, you do not have 2017 DSUs yet. Many people complained about this and how you should get 2017 once you qualify. Now with the new World of Hyatt, it's even worse since you do get them when you qualify for they expire exactly a year later. Horrible for when you qualify for the first time. You get 8 DSUs up front that expire at the same time. Then the second year of your Globalist status, you have none.

There will be a lot of people calling into HGP on March 1st to redeem DSUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.