Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
I had to call Hyatt and request it, they will need your mLife number.

Cheers
Wait, so you matched HyattGP Platinum to Mlife Gold (pre-March 1)
And then matched the other way
Mlife Gold to WOH Explorist after March 1?

Without actually "earning" Mlife Gold via Tier Credits?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by beltway
...automagically...
Glad I'm not the only one who likes that word.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:40 am

Question about the annual free night certificate from Chase. I know they are for cat 1-4 but I am seeing free night availability for cat 5, 6 and 7. There are only 1100 points in the account so it's definitely for the free night award. If I were to book at room at the cat 5 level, is there a chance I'll be charged for the room instead at check-in?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
When you try to complete the booking, it will not allow you to do so for any hotel that's not 1-4.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Wait, so you matched HyattGP Platinum to Mlife Gold (pre-March 1)
And then matched the other way
Mlife Gold to WOH Explorist after March 1?

Without actually "earning" Mlife Gold via Tier Credits?
Yes exactly, effectively a daisy chain status match.

Even better, I "earned" the Hyatt Platinum last year from a Hilton Gold status match (which I got from the Amex Plat).

Let's see if I can rematch Explorist to mLife Gold when it expires...

Cheers
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:29 pm

[IJBoel]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 10, 2024 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:56 am

Question about booking Hyatt suites in Hawaii - I've read that andaz Maui is pretty darn hard to book any redemptions (especially if you're anything lower that previous diamond). What about HR, GH? How likely am I to book a suite with points? We're a family of 5 so that's why a suite is best option.

Would I have better luck booking a standard room with points and then maybe ask for an upgrade to a suite and pay with cash (don't think that's possible?)? Or, should I just keep looking for redemption suite availability? Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:24 am

Your best bet is the HR in Maui or Waikiki. The GH in Kauai & the Andaz Maui are really difficult to get unless you're booking way in advance, if they're even available yet, or goind during really off season. Think Sept, early, Dec, etc.

I would try to book the whole thing with points for a suite. Most of them will not permit you to book a standard room with points and pay extra to get a suite. The other option is cash & points, if you're a globalist.

Keep in mind all of the hotels in Hawaii are considered aspirational, and in particular, this year many people are trying to burn their points while they still have top status, so it's going to be hard to get.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Hi everyone,

I have a reservation coming up Monday. The reservation was booked Monday-Friday. I now need to change it to Monday-Thursday. The website will not allow me to change the reservation without the rate jumping from the booked GOV rate to a $125/night increase, which work won't approve. Also, I called the discoverist line and got the same answer. I stayed at the property this week and I mentioned that I needed to change the reservation to a manager and he indicated no problem and he would do it. He never did. Then mentioned it to the front desk clerk this morning upon check out, she also indicated it wouldn't be a problem.

Curious as to others experience on this. I typically stay Marriott/Starwood where I am lifetime Platinum and have never had a problem. Am I going to be penalized once I check in or do you think the hotel will accommodate me? Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:58 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Readog
Hi everyone,

I have a reservation coming up Monday. The reservation was booked Monday-Friday. I now need to change it to Monday-Thursday. The website will not allow me to change the reservation without the rate jumping from the booked GOV rate to a $125/night increase, which work won't approve. Also, I called the discoverist line and got the same answer. I stayed at the property this week and I mentioned that I needed to change the reservation to a manager and he indicated no problem and he would do it. He never did. Then mentioned it to the front desk clerk this morning upon check out, she also indicated it wouldn't be a problem.

Curious as to others experience on this. I typically stay Marriott/Starwood where I am lifetime Platinum and have never had a problem. Am I going to be penalized once I check in or do you think the hotel will accommodate me? Thanks
I suggest checking what the cancellation policy is. If it's e.g. 24 hours, then I would advise either on check-in or a day after that you will be checking out a day earlier. I have done that occasionally and never had an issue.

There are some hotels though that charge an "early departure fee", but that was mentioned in the reservation confirmation itself.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I suggest checking what the cancellation policy is. If it's e.g. 24 hours, then I would advise either on check-in or a day after that you will be checking out a day earlier. I have done that occasionally and never had an issue.

There are some hotels though that charge an "early departure fee", but that was mentioned in the reservation confirmation itself.
Thanks - I just checked the reservation and there is an "early departure fee" associated with this reservation. I may cancel the whole thing as the headache may just not be worth it.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Most hotels with an "early departure fee" let you re-confirm your departure date fee-free at check-in. Just tell the front desk clerk. Also, the fee could be anywhere from $50 to one night's room rent.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:04 pm

Is there a way to get Hyatt to expedite a pts combine request?
I had my friend send in the request 4 business days ago. I was told at the time it'd take 3 days.
Is there any way to get them to process it sooner? waiting on the pts for a booking

thanks
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:32 am

Have you called in? Also, if the person you're combining points with has not had a stay in the last 12 months, they won't do it.

I had that situation with my husband when we tried to move his points to my account - he had not had a stay in over a year and the wouldn't do it.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is it possible to earn airline miles on an award stay if there are room charges?

I am staying at a Hyatt House on my Chase annual free night and would like to also collect on the Delta 1k/partner offer. I believe I have earned Hyatt points on award stay incidental spend but haven't wanted to earn miles in several years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.