Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Drolmala
Are nights booked on a Cash + Points basis considered qualifying nights booked at an eligible rate?
Yes.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
I'm dying to book a stay on points and cash but I'm waiting on a transfer from my fiancés account. How long does it normally take for the points to post after emailing the form?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You are able to send in a form and combine points into one account. You can't do it at the time you want to redeem.
You can't do it at the time you want to redeem or can?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:02 am

You can't. The form has to go in to a different department who will then move the points.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Me and my wife both explorist member, can we make a reservation, put both of our name on, use her club lounge pass however still credit to my account as I am only 10 nights away from Globalist and we've been using almost my account only this year.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:54 am

Extended Stay Rate

Looking to do a mattress run and the cheapest rate I found on the Hyatt website at hotels near me was an "extended stay rate" at a Hyatt Place. Are those considered Eligible Rates for globalist status?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:59 am

I believe they are.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by crazyformiles
Looking to do a mattress run and the cheapest rate I found on the Hyatt website at hotels near me was an "extended stay rate" at a Hyatt Place. Are those considered Eligible Rates for globalist status?
Yes, I am certain it is. Any rate that comes up when you use Hyatt.com is an eligible rate except for the "points only" rate.

The rates that are ineligible are those that are booked on third-party sites (like hotels.com, priceline, etc), and other rates that were negotiated and contracted by someone else (I think, for example, if you are going to a conference and book through the conference-housing program, you get an ineligible rate;; I always book straight at Hyatt.com even in these cases so I haven't tested that out, because in my experience, as long as I make my reservations well in advance the conference negotiated rate through the contracted housing 'service' is ~20% higher. Just one case, of many, where certain firms work to profit from non-savvy people using OPM).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:17 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by crazyformiles
most probably yes. To be sure and check: Make a booking (if refundable) and check your e-mail confirmation. There it will be stated, if the rate is eligible towards tier credit or not.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:41 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Any rate that comes up when you use Hyatt.com is an eligible rate except for the "points only" rate.
Some promo codes provide a deep discount, and the rate is not eligible for stay credit.

Example: Airport Accomodations (a private for-profit company). They have a 5-digit promo code which often gives an eyeball-popping low rate (especially at properties near airports). That rate does not earn points or stay credit.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:16 pm

Having a hard time booking an award stay at Grand Hyatt Kauai during holiday season. I know this is an aspirational property and super busy time. It seems like there are standard rooms available though not at Lower Daily rate - there is a package with breakfast for the standard qn/qn room, and there is ADA room available, at this point I would be happy with anything.

Is there anything that can be done to ask to force "no blackouts" availability? I understand there is a resort view room allotment and it is gone, but is there anything that can be done. Talked to World of Hyatt and the hotel itself, doesn't seem to help. I was really looking forward to redeeming 4 certs from the credit card at this property.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I booked a two night stay at Hyatt Regency Sydney recently, however had to leave the hotel earlier, so I told the hotel that I was leaving on the afternoon of second day. Room fare were paid in full for two nights, however on the receipt I only received as 1 night stay. Are there anything I could do to make it 2 nights?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Some promo codes provide a deep discount, and the rate is not eligible for stay credit.

Example: Airport Accomodations (a private for-profit company). They have a 5-digit promo code which often gives an eyeball-popping low rate (especially at properties near airports). That rate does not earn points or stay credit.
The 'extended stay rate' is not a promo code but a rate that appears when searching a stay of a certain length. I believe it has been 14 nights when I've seen it but it may depend upon the specific property.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I suppose I never think about the promo code stuff, but it makes sense that they wouldn't always count towards status.

Extended stay rates should be okay though!! I looked into my history and I couldn't find anything that obviously looked like an extended rate so I can't bring any personal data points to you, but you can call world of Hyatt to confirm.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Nyurka
Having a hard time booking an award stay at Grand Hyatt Kauai during holiday season. I know this is an aspirational property and super busy time. It seems like there are standard rooms available though not at Lower Daily rate - there is a package with breakfast for the standard qn/qn room, and there is ADA room available, at this point I would be happy with anything.

Is there anything that can be done to ask to force "no blackouts" availability? I understand there is a resort view room allotment and it is gone, but is there anything that can be done. Talked to World of Hyatt and the hotel itself, doesn't seem to help. I was really looking forward to redeeming 4 certs from the credit card at this property.
They may have a minimum stay...

But you're asking for something that's been difficult to get during any season, much less the most busy season of the year.

If you've spoken to the hotel and they've said no, well, there's not much else you can do except keep checking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.