Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
You won't get any night credit for the second kids room (but you will accrue points for any charges to the room, not that it matters here)

I can't speak to your group cash rate...I know things like Expedia or other travel portal bookings often don't seem to count
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You won't get any night credit for the second kids room (but you will accrue points for any charges to the room, not that it matters here)

I can't speak to your group cash rate...I know things like Expedia or other travel portal bookings often don't seem to count
Thanks. It was a Hyatt discount code that I used on Hyatt website when making the rez. They have an agreement with the nearby college.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks. It was a Hyatt discount code that I used on Hyatt website when making the rez. They have an agreement with the nearby college.
If booked directly on the Hyatt site, would think it would count, unless for some reason the code itself excluded night credit
Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:33 pm

I'm planning a vegas trip and want to make sure that I earn Hyatt elite qualifying nights on my MGM stay. I booked the food and beverage rate while logged in to my M life account because I don't know how to get these rates on the Hyatt website. Do I just give them my Hyatt number when I check in or do I need to link the accounts beforehand? How long should I expect it take for the qualifying nights and base points to show up in my Hyatt account?

For a different stay, I see a "members save more" rate that requires a 1 day deposit at a Hyatt Place. The cancellation policy says "72h Prior Or 1night Fee/ One Night Dpst At Booking" so does that mean my 1 night deposit will be lost if I cancel more than 72 hours prior to the stay?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by randomasian
I'm planning a vegas trip and want to make sure that I earn Hyatt elite qualifying nights on my MGM stay. I booked the food and beverage rate while logged in to my M life account because I don't know how to get these rates on the Hyatt website. Do I just give them my Hyatt number when I check in or do I need to link the accounts beforehand? How long should I expect it take for the qualifying nights and base points to show up in my Hyatt account?

For a different stay, I see a "members save more" rate that requires a 1 day deposit at a Hyatt Place. The cancellation policy says "72h Prior Or 1night Fee/ One Night Dpst At Booking" so does that mean my 1 night deposit will be lost if I cancel more than 72 hours prior to the stay?
For Mlife - believe the best practice is to give them your WOH number at check-in, and decent chance you will need WOH to manually post after. Should definitely get your equivalent Mlife status ahead of time though, no downside.

Your deposit should definitely come back to you - seems like a high demand time / location you are booking, so they want a bit of a guarantee. But as long as you cancel 72+ hours before hand, you would get that back.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:01 pm

What's the best Hyatt in NYC that has a room with two beds and a sofa (sofa doesn't need to pullout if it's one that's got a corner and a 6 foot person can sleep on). I have a bunch of suite upgrade awards but don't see and suites with two beds. Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosiac, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum/Ambassador
Does anyone know whether nights booked via the Hyatt Leverage (small and medium business discount booking) program qualify for the traveler's own points and qualifying nights (i.e., as an employee booking using a Hyatt Leverage rate code, do my points and nights accrue in the same way they would if I were booking under a member rate?)

I assume that they do, but have been searching a bit and can't find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by matthewsalibi
Does anyone know whether nights booked via the Hyatt Leverage (small and medium business discount booking) program qualify for the traveler's own points and qualifying nights (i.e., as an employee booking using a Hyatt Leverage rate code, do my points and nights accrue in the same way they would if I were booking under a member rate?)

I assume that they do, but have been searching a bit and can't find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!
I'm not familiar with the program - might be something I should look into - but when you make a booking, the email confirmation makes it clear what type of earnings the rate entitles you to. If you have cancellable rates, might be worth a quick mock booking.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Let us know

Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm not familiar with the program - might be something I should look into - but when you make a booking, the email confirmation makes it clear what type of earnings the rate entitles you to. If you have cancellable rates, might be worth a quick mock booking.
please let us know more about the program and if using the program earns Hyatt pts.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Just to update my post: I sent a DM on Twitter with the rez number and they replied that it would count. No mention of the discount rate/code. I assume I can take them at their word since I’ve got it in writing.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:11 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Hi All,

I’m relatively new to Hyatt having spent the last 20 years with Marriott & SPG to earn Lifetime Titanium. I have somehow managed to have Hyatt Explorist status from either a Joie de Vivre conversion or MGM reciprocity, plus Covid extensions, but I’m thinking of spending more nights in Hyatts now that there isn’t an incentive to always stay at a Marriott due to their often inconsistent treatment of elite benefits. Reading up on Hyatt elite status has certainly made me feel that the grass might be slightly greener on your side, at least with Globalist status.

I have an upcoming points stay at the new Alila Marea Beach Resort and I’m wondering if there is any opportunity to get a status match prior to that stay so that I could experience Globalist benefits?

From what I read online it sounds like Hyatt status matches are few and far between.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by ymx; Jun 23, 2021 at 6:17 am
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ymx
Hi All,

I’m relatively new to Hyatt having spent the last 20 years with Marriott & SPG to earn Lifetime Titanium. I have somehow managed to have Hyatt Explorist status from either a Joie de Vivre conversion or MGM reciprocity, plus Covid extensions, but I’m thinking of spending more nights in Hyatts now that there isn’t an incentive to always stay at a Marriott due to their often inconsistent treatment of elite benefits. Reading up on Hyatt elite status has certainly made me feel that the grass might be slightly greener on your side, at least with Globalist status.

I have an upcoming points stay at the new Alila Marea Beach Resort and I’m wondering if there is any opportunity to get a status match prior to that stay so that I could experience Globalist benefits?

From what I read online it sounds like Hyatt status matches are few and far between.

Thanks so much!
There is no status match program publicly available, but here has been reports of people being able to get a status match by contacting WOH directly with your proof of status + seniority. It won't hurt to send them an email: [email protected]. Let us know about the outcome!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Doing a cost-benefit analysis for an upcoming stay and trying to determine if I should pay the cash rate or use a Cat 1-4 certificate.

Property is a Cat 3 Property and staying as a Globalist.

Parking is already complimentary at the property so no extra benefit to using the certificate.

I’d pay $190 total including taxes but since I did a Best Rate Guarantee I’d get back 5,000 points which I’d value at $75 bringing total cost down to $115, which isn’t bad plus counts towards LTG status.

It’s a 1 Night stay and before 7/20 so no promo going on to boost points, which is a minus.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jun 26, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Has anyone Globalist done a Great Relocate and gotten upgraded for all or part of the time? Where? Is there a Great relocate thread?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Doing a cost-benefit analysis for an upcoming stay and trying to determine if I should pay the cash rate or use a Cat 1-4 certificate.

Property is a Cat 3 Property and staying as a Globalist.

Parking is already complimentary at the property so no extra benefit to using the certificate.

I’d pay $190 total including taxes but since I did a Best Rate Guarantee I’d get back 5,000 points which I’d value at $75 bringing total cost down to $115, which isn’t bad plus counts towards LTG status.

It’s a 1 Night stay and before 7/20 so no promo going on to boost points, which is a minus.
I was just in this situation with a cat3 property, but the property was ~$220 - I valued the points the same, calling it $145. I ended up deciding to use my August expiring 1-4 cert, since the rest of ours expire in November and later - I'll have plenty of guinea pigs with data on points conversion results by then. I'd be less inclined to do that in your shoes, because points are a limited resource given my earning habits and $115 is just a little too low. When does your first certificate expire vs the stay? That played heavily into my decision, I'm not inclined to risk getting zero value from the certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.