Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
Booked a Hyatt stay using Amex's FHR program. In the Amex booking process, it asks for membership # (optional). I put in my Hyatt # but the reservation still hasn't shown up in my Hyatt account.

I'm not fussed since all the perks are conferred by Amex anyway (breakfast, property credit, possible upgrade, earnings multiplier, etc). Is there a real purpose to get the stay tagged to Hyatt account?
Points and qualifying night accrual.
deniah likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:00 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Alex_I
1) After >1,100 lifetime stays with SPG/Marriott I have booked multiple Stay 3/Pay for 2 nigh rates in either Starwood or Marriott properties in the past. Even with today's Bonvoy for 5 night award stay which gives you the lowest cost night for free, all 5 nights will be elite qualifying simply because one cannot stay only the free night without completing the rest. It looks like this is specific to Hyatt program.
2) Both the 15K Award and cash rate (in this case Hyatt member rate) were booked straight through Hyatt.com.
To me this simply looks like IT coding problem which I never encountered with SPG/Bonvoy or Hilton (Hilton is know for many software glitches).
The point with 1) is, that you are not paying anything for the 3rd night, so it is not an eligible (qualifying) night. That has been with Hyatt ever since. for 2) you should contact customer service and request the 2nd night for which you are eligible in that case.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Was Diamond for many years, but stepped away when Globalist was announced. Kicking around the idea of a return to Hyatt and want to make sure I understand how a TSU (confirmed suite upgrade) is earned now. IIRC correctly in the past (Diamond) they were attached to attaining the status. Looks like now you earn them independent of your status via Milestone Awards. Globalist can be earned this year at a reduced threshold of 30 nights, but I assume no TSU until crossing 50 nights (plus more higher up). Do I understand correctly?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by schriste
Was Diamond for many years, but stepped away when Globalist was announced. Kicking around the idea of a return to Hyatt and want to make sure I understand how a TSU (confirmed suite upgrade) is earned now. IIRC correctly in the past (Diamond) they were attached to attaining the status. Looks like now you earn them independent of your status via Milestone Awards. Globalist can be earned this year at a reduced threshold of 30 nights, but I assume no TSU until crossing 50 nights (plus more higher up). Do I understand correctly?
Yes this is correct.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:48 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
correct as joachimm already stated. FYI: There is a thread on milestone rewards (Milestone Rewards) as well discussing e.g. which options to chose when you have a choice and more.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by 59Impala
correct as joachimm already stated. FYI: There is a thread on milestone rewards (Milestone Rewards) as well discussing e.g. which options to chose when you have a choice and more.
Thank both of you. As a leisure traveler only, looks like that will likely sink my Globalist quest. In all honesty probably a good thing. I think I have probably come out ahead with Prive bookings with my stay pattern. But it is difficult to shake the Status addiction even after all these years .
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
... it is difficult to shake the Status addiction ... .
Oh yeah!!!
Glad to read someone else acknowledge that it’s a medical problem!
Only thing worse than Status Addiction is Sign-Up Bonus Addiction (and maybe chocolate or Cheddar & Sour Cream Potato Chips).
If Antabuse was an approved treatment, I’d be the first to give it a try!
Pocatello and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:41 pm

Not sure whether to ask this here or the promotions thread.

The current 25% back promotion with WOH card (On JDV/unbound/Destination properties)
1. If I book a 2 night stay for 20,000 points per night, I'll get 5000 points back per night?
2. If I book two rooms at the same hotel for 2 nights (20x4=80k) I'll get 20k back?
3. It says "you are not eligible for this offer" when I try to click it. Might be because I just signed up for the WOH card 2 days ago. Or am I missing something?
- 10 of the nights are at these properties and should give 25% back, except it's only 8 total nights (2 rooms for 2 nights=10). At 20k per night, that's 200k points. I should get 50k points back.

The current 3x promotion going on for 2+ night stays
1. This promotion does or does not apply to nights paid for with points?
2. If it does, and I book 2 free nights on points, how would the 3x be calculated?

General questions
1. I'm looking at the Kabuki property in San Francisco (we have 4 people). Only 2 double beds shows up for booking with points. Can I call and ask for one with a king and one with a double after booking? Or should I just buy 1 night with cash for the King.

You don't have to answer this
1. My trip currently is fly to SF, 2 nights in Napa, 2 nights in SF, 2 nights in Monterey, 2 nights in Santa Barbara, 2 nights in LA, 2 nights in Oceanside, and 3 nights in San Diego. Any tips/must-do's while we're there?
2. Cheapest rental car I can find is $1700 for 12 nights (returning to a different city). Is there anywhere else to check than Autorentals/Autoslash?

Last edited by Reckie; Jul 15, 2021 at 10:10 pm Reason: edit
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Total newbie Hyatt Globalist here. So if I check into a hotel on a lower than standard rate for say 4 days and do not get upgraded and do not like the rooms can I in the middle of the stay pay the extra $ to get to standard rate and then the added 6K or 9K points to upgrade?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Oh yeah!!!
Glad to read someone else acknowledge that it’s a medical problem!
Only thing worse than Status Addiction is Sign-Up Bonus Addiction (and maybe chocolate or Cheddar & Sour Cream Potato Chips).
If Antabuse was an approved treatment, I’d be the first to give it a try!
Now you tell me!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:02 pm

Question here - If I have 4 category 1-4 nights, is it possible to book 2 separate rooms for 2 consecutive nights and receive all 4 qualifying nights? Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:38 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by vacay1
Question here - If I have 4 category 1-4 nights, is it possible to book 2 separate rooms for 2 consecutive nights and receive all 4 qualifying nights? Thanks for the help!
nope. Only 1 room counts for qualifying nights. Points for 3 rooms though (in your case on incidentials), if booked in your name.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 16, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Dumb question: can I get status by transferring points from Chase into my Hyatt account? Is there any quick way to get Globalist? I am discoverist by my WOH card. If I spend enough can I achieve Globalist? We have a big trip planned at GH Kauai in October. It would be very handy to have Globalist. Any help is appreciated.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by ijkh
Dumb question: can I get status by transferring points from Chase into my Hyatt account? Is there any quick way to get Globalist? I am discoverist by my WOH card. If I spend enough can I achieve Globalist? We have a big trip planned at GH Kauai in October. It would be very handy to have Globalist. Any help is appreciated.
All points transferred are considered bonus points which do not help you towards status. This year, Globalist is 30 qualifying nights or 50K base points. You get five qualifying nights for having the WOH card and 2 qualifying nights for every 5K spent on the card. So you could spend 65K on your WOH card to get Globalist but it would be a lot cheaper to just mattress run those nights. It's probably easiest to spend 5K on the card and stay 23 nights or 10K and 21 nights. If you can spend 15K on the card, you get a free night certificate so you'd only have to pay for 18 nights.

You get 5 base points per dollar spent on Hyatt stays and 10 base points per dollar at Exhale spa. So the absolute cheapest way to qualify using points rather than nights would be to spend 5K on facials and massages at Exhale.

If you are just looking for something for your upcoming trip, you may get the majority of the benefits you need by just getting to 20 nights or 35,000 base points milestone award. Then you can use the club lounge access awards to get club access for your trip in October. Each one can get you up to 7 days of club lounge access with your stay and you get the 2PM check out for hitting the requirements for Explorist.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Do the new "office for one day" promotions count towards the 20 nights? That would be my ideal mattress run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.