Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by AustinBear
Mary2e I was confused by the 1500 sq ft. Maybe not quite that big, huh?
No, the suites are pretty big.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:36 pm

Any recommendations on which Hyatt to stay in San Francisco?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have a similar issue as above poster. Spouse checking in on a Wednesday with myself following on Thursday. Rez in my name and I need the tier credits. I will put his name on the rez but is there anything else I should do?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have a similar issue as above poster. Spouse checking in on a Wednesday with myself following on Thursday. Rez in my name and I need the tier credits. I will put his name on the rez but is there anything else I should do?
You should be fine, but if you're a Globalist then it would be worth dropping your concierge an email to let them know your spouse will be arriving before you (without having to mention that you won't be there until the next day). If you're not a Globalist, then contact the hotel directly.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
You should be fine, but if you're a Globalist then it would be worth dropping your concierge an email to let them know your spouse will be arriving before you (without having to mention that you won't be there until the next day). If you're not a Globalist, then contact the hotel directly.
Thanks. I’m Explorist but almost to Globalist…yay! I’ll contact hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I've never redeemed an FNC before. I got one expiring soon and I'll need to use it. Do I have to contact my concierge or I can use this online as well?

Does a FNC get me a EQN? I'm assuming that since it's an award stay, I get free parking?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:25 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lsquare
I've never redeemed an FNC before. I got one expiring soon and I'll need to use it. Do I have to contact my concierge or I can use this online as well?

Does a FNC get me a EQN? I'm assuming that since it's an award stay, I get free parking?
yes you can redeem online and you get EQN.
free parking depends if parking operated by Hyatt or not and if theoretically you could charge to the room.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes you can redeem online and you get EQN.
free parking depends if parking operated by Hyatt or not and if theoretically you could charge to the room.
Using an FNC is really no different from redeeming points? It's an award stay, right? The property I have in mind doesn't own the parking lot, but they do allow me to purchase a stay/parking rate, which I have done so in the past. I have never done an award stay with them. Do I need to call and confirm parking is free then?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:24 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lsquare
Using an FNC is really no different from redeeming points? It's an award stay, right? The property I have in mind doesn't own the parking lot, but they do allow me to purchase a stay/parking rate, which I have done so in the past. I have never done an award stay with them. Do I need to call and confirm parking is free then?
yes, suggest you do so.
you can also check the wiki here if your hotel is listed.

WOH Globalist - Complimentary Parking on Award Stays (List)
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:11 am

Cancellation Policy is Unclear

I have a Hyatt reservation that I am hoping to cancel, but I'm not sure I understand the cancellation policy. I thought it was refundable up to a week in advance of arrival, but I see now that it mentions there is a one-night deposit at booking. Does this mean the first night would not be refunded?

Cancellation Policy: 7 Days Prior or One Night Fee: One Night Dpst at Booking
Guarantee Policy: Deposit By Credit Card Required Deposit Required By June 29, 2021 1 Night(s) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card

thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ShamRockSteady
I have a Hyatt reservation that I am hoping to cancel, but I'm not sure I understand the cancellation policy. I thought it was refundable up to a week in advance of arrival, but I see now that it mentions there is a one-night deposit at booking. Does this mean the first night would not be refunded?

Cancellation Policy: 7 Days Prior or One Night Fee: One Night Dpst at Booking
Guarantee Policy: Deposit By Credit Card Required Deposit Required By June 29, 2021 1 Night(s) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card

thanks!
The one night deposit (if it's actually even charged - it's often not) would be refunded if you cancel more than 7 days in advance of check in.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Does anyone know who offers buffet breakfast downtown Chicago Hyatt hotel right now?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:54 am

I've read a dozen articles on Guest of Honor and I'm still confused. I want to make a GoH booking for my parents.

1) Can Chase FNCs or other FNCs be used to make the booking? The Hyatt T&C does not make a distinction "If a Globalist gifts a Free Night Award to another party in accordance with these Terms, the recipient will be treated as a “Guest of Honor” at the applicable hotel or resort."

2)Is gifting a FNC different from making a GoH booking using the FNC? Gifting seems to result in no Globalist benefits for the recipient: https://frequentmiler.com/bet-you-di...-someone-else/

3) Do my parents need to create a Hyatt account in order to receive GoH benefits?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I've read a dozen articles on Guest of Honor and I'm still confused. I want to make a GoH booking for my parents.

1) Can Chase FNCs or other FNCs be used to make the booking? The Hyatt T&C does not make a distinction "If a Globalist gifts a Free Night Award to another party in accordance with these Terms, the recipient will be treated as a “Guest of Honor” at the applicable hotel or resort."

2)Is gifting a FNC different from making a GoH booking using the FNC? Gifting seems to result in no Globalist benefits for the recipient: https://frequentmiler.com/bet-you-di...-someone-else/

3) Do my parents need to create a Hyatt account in order to receive GoH benefits?
I emailed my concierge, and the answers to these questions are as follows:

1) Only points can be used for Guest of Honor bookings. FNCs can be gifted, but then the recipient won't receive Globalist benefits.
2) See #1
3) No, unless they want to stay at a Small Luxury Hotel location.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I emailed my concierge, and the answers to these questions are as follows:

1) Only points can be used for Guest of Honor bookings. FNCs can be gifted, but then the recipient won't receive Globalist benefits.
2) See #1
3) No, unless they want to stay at a Small Luxury Hotel location.
I've used FNC for guest of honor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.