Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WOH Globalist - Complimentary Parking on Award Stays (List)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 20, 6:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: CIT85
Wiki Link
Properties that offer complimentary parking on award stays for Globs

AMERICAS

Arizona
HR Phoenix
HR Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch - Award (GoH) as well as paid night for Globalist
Unbound Royal Palms

California

Andaz Napa
Andaz San Diego (Valet)
Andaz West Hollywood
GH San Francisco Union Square
H Palm Springs - Complimentary Valet (usually $25)
HC Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
HR Indian Wells - self park
HC The Pike Long Beach - Complimentary Valet (usually $21)
HR Jersey City
HR LAX - Complimentary Valet
HR Long Beach - on check-in FD said no, 3rd party, however removed from bill (July 2017, $28/nt)
HR Misison Bay - valet or self park
HR Sacramento
HR SFO
HP Pasadena (Self-Park shared with Paseo Colorado Mall)
HP Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
PH Park Hyatt Aviara (Carlsbad, CA)
GH San Diego - Manchester Grand Hyatt Valet and self part Complimentary

Colorado
PH Beaver Creek - Complimentary Valet (usually $50)
HP Keystone (starting charging Jul 2019)
GH Denver Downtown Complimentary Valet
HR Denver Downtown At Colorado Convention Center Complimentary Valet ($52 value)

District of Columbia
GH Washington

Florida
HC Miami South Beach, valet ($40) only no self parking
HR Coconut Point Resort & Spa, both Self and Valet
HR Grand Cypress, both self ($20) & valet ($29)
HR Miami - Valet
The Confidante, Valet only, no self parking

Georgia
GH, Buckhead, Comp. Valet
HR Atlanta, Comp. Valet
HR Savannah, complimentary self

Hawaii
GH Kauai - Complimentary valet (confirmed in email from Assistant Mgr)
HR Waikiki - Complimentary self or valet (confirmed in email from Front Office Mgr)
HC Waikiki

Illinois
PH Chicago - Complimentary Valet (usually $72) - GoH stay
Hyatt Regency Chicago - Complimentary Valet (usually $67) - Used Platinum re-qualification cat 1-4 certificate. Had to call after the fact to have charge removed.
Chicago Athletic Association - free valet parking ($67), but they'll likely screw it up and put it on your bill, requiring you to get an adjustment

Indiana
HR Indianapolis - ($45) - Had to ask to have it removed

Maine
HP Portland Old Port

Maryland
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor - Complimentary Valet or Self Parking on Award Stays.

Massachusetts
HR Boston - valet only, no self parking
HR Boston Harbor
HR Cambridge
Minnesota
HR Minneapolis - valet only; on cash stays, globalists also get valet at reduced rate.

Nevada
HR Lake Tahoe

New York
Andaz 5 av
HP Flushing
PH NY

Ohio
​​​​​​
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Oklahoma
Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Pennsylvania
Hyatt at the Bellevue

South Carolina
HR Greenville, Comp. Self Parking

Texas
HP Downtown Austin - Complimentary Valet
The Driskill - Valet
HR Austin - Self park
HR Dallas -- Valet
HR Houston Galleria - Valet
HR San Antonio - Valet or self park
Washington
HR Seattle - Valet, not sure on self park

Canada
Andaz Ottawa - valet
HR Toronto - self park
HR Vancouver - Self park (didn't try valet) - park first then get exit ticket from front desk
PH Toronto

Europe
HR Amsterdam - valet
PH Hamburg - valet
HR Köln - self-park
HR Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée - valet
PH Paris Vendome - valet
PH Milan - valet (comp verified April 2019)
PH Zurich - self park

Properties that don't offer complimentary parking on award stays for Globs

HR Newport Beach (#70)
HR Etoile Paris - Hotel has no parking

Properties that seem to have changed parking policy in anticipation of WoH to avoid having to grant free parking
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 22, 17, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER

Starting 3/1/17, Globalists will receive complimentary parking on free night awards at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts with parking that can be charged to the guest's room.

I thought it makes sense to start tracking theses changes in parking policy if known prior to 3/1/17 and especially prospectively:

Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach

Historically, the hotel provided an overnight guest a parking voucher to use for parking structure next door for the maximum parking rate and charges it to the room.

In January of 2017, the hotel has changed its policy to provide a small credit against the maximum parking rate and now does not permit it to be charged to the room. IMO this was a move to minimize the cost of complimentary parking on free night awards for the upcoming award stays for Globalists from 3/1/17 on forward.

Last edited by CrashDavis; Jan 22, 17 at 7:03 pm
Old Jan 23, 17, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
IMO it's a sneaky way for the hotels to get away from complementary parking. They could always claim the parking is operated by a third party.
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It may be harder for them to wiggle out of valet parking, since that is always billed to the room. It won't surprise me, however, to see some hotels set up a POS outside by the valet desk and have you start swiping your credit card when you drop your car off on the first day!
Old Jan 23, 17, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
It may be harder for them to wiggle out of valet parking, since that is always billed to the room. It won't surprise me, however, to see some hotels set up a POS outside by the valet desk and have you start swiping your credit card when you drop your car off on the first day!
WOH is already a POS.
Old Jan 23, 17, 1:51 pm

I have a feeling this thread is going to be a gongshow come March 1...
Old Jan 23, 17, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
I have a feeling this thread is going to be a gongshow come March 1...
Which is why I created a wiki page. Hopefully helps make it actually useful when looking for data.
Old Jan 23, 17, 3:36 pm
Community Director

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells currently gives free parking to diamonds in the self park lot. They do not comp valet parking as it is provided by a third party operator.
Old Jan 23, 17, 4:01 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm very curious what happens in places like NYC or DC with Valet charges of $50+/night. If Globalist truly comps those parking charges it will be great.
Old Jan 23, 17, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by mediator View Post
IMO it's a sneaky way for the hotels to get away from complementary parking. They could always claim the parking is operated by a third party.
I have had recent stays at HR's in Greenville, SC and Phoenix. In both cases the parking decks are owned by a local municipal authority, but the charges were billed directly to my room . My reading of the WOH T&C's is that effective 3/1/17, parking charges would be waived for Globalist's on award stays.

As someone previously pointed out, this can be a real benefit in major cities, such as NYC, where I have a four night award stay at the PH booked for mid-summer.
Old Jan 23, 17, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells currently gives free parking to diamonds in the self park lot. They do not comp valet parking as it is provided by a third party operator.
Do you pay the third party operator directly or does it get charged to the room?
Old Jan 23, 17, 11:15 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Do you pay the third party operator directly or does it get charged to the room?
We went with free but I believe that the valet parking can be charged to the room.
Old Jan 24, 17, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN View Post
I'm very curious what happens in places like NYC or DC with Valet charges of $50+/night. If Globalist truly comps those parking charges it will be great.
How many people have a car in NYC on an award stay?

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a Hyatt where I'm likely to do an award stay and either drive or have a rental car. Most of the time it's pointless to have a car in a big city. I say this as someone who is willing to drive in even foreign cities. In fact, I've done so in Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, etc. although I've never driven in Asia, Latin America, Australia, etc.
Old Jan 24, 17, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SCEflyer View Post
I have had recent stays at HR's in Greenville, SC and Phoenix. In both cases the parking decks are owned by a local municipal authority, but the charges were billed directly to my room . My reading of the WOH T&C's is that effective 3/1/17, parking charges would be waived for Globalist's on award stays.

As someone previously pointed out, this can be a real benefit in major cities, such as NYC, where I have a four night award stay at the PH booked for mid-summer.
I agree. PHNY offers both self and valet parking currently. Not sure if they will waive the self parking only or both on award stays for globalist.
Old Jan 24, 17, 9:22 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
How many people have a car in NYC on an award stay?

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a Hyatt where I'm likely to do an award stay and either drive or have a rental car. Most of the time it's pointless to have a car in a big city. I say this as someone who is willing to drive in even foreign cities. In fact, I've done so in Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, etc. although I've never driven in Asia, Latin America, Australia, etc.
while not NYC. I have a car all the time on trips to SF, Toronto, Chicago, etc. sometimes you're passing through or want mobility to explore outside the city.

This thread jumped the gun since it's going to be speculation for a month and a half then people have to read through all that junk to get to the real information.
Old Jan 24, 17, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

Don't completely disagree, but from memory, these are some Hyatts where I have stayed with a car:

- GHSF (staycation when I lived in the Bay Area, so we drove up to the city)
- Waikiki
- Berlin
- Hamburg
- Mainz

Search this Thread
Search Engine: