Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:29 pm

Trying to understand this Hyatt Point system and qualifying nights to reach Globalist.
Ive been a Hyatt member for awhile and just got the chase world of hyatt card this week.
I also signed up for the 3x bonus journey promo and the globalist status challenge.
Currently i am an explorist with 14 qualifying nights (had 9 from stays earlier this year and got 5 more from getting the world of hyatt card) .

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each at grand hyatt nashville (1 with points and 1 through hyatt prive stay 3 pay 2 promo.)

2 questions
1. how many qualifying nights will i get (factoring in that I get 2 nights for 1 with the new card)
2. what # do i use for multiplier to determine how many points Ill earn from how much i spend at hotel . (factoring in having the chase card, being an explorist, & the 3x bonus journeys promo)
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by twondog22
Trying to understand this Hyatt Point system and qualifying nights to reach Globalist.
Ive been a Hyatt member for awhile and just got the chase world of hyatt card this week.
I also signed up for the 3x bonus journey promo and the globalist status challenge.
Currently i am an explorist with 14 qualifying nights (had 9 from stays earlier this year and got 5 more from getting the world of hyatt card) .

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each at grand hyatt nashville (1 with points and 1 through hyatt prive stay 3 pay 2 promo.)

2 questions
1. how many qualifying nights will i get (factoring in that I get 2 nights for 1 with the new card)
2. what # do i use for multiplier to determine how many points Ill earn from how much i spend at hotel . (factoring in having the chase card, being an explorist, & the 3x bonus journeys promo)
1) You don’t earn 2 Elite Nights for 1 even with the Hyatt Card or Multiple Room bookings.

With the Hyatt Card you get 5 Night credits automatically added for being a cardholder every year though. You also earn 2 Elite nights for every $5,000 spent using that card.

2) The specific multiplier you’re asking for would be - 20 points per dollar spent total.

15 for the Bonus Journeys Promo 4 for the Hyatt CC and 1 per dollar for Explorist Bonus.

I definitely would do all paid though if all nights are during the promotional period as you’d be earning the Bonus Points on all nights, whereas with Points nights you earn nothing.

Also with Prive’ Stay 3 Pay 2 you only usually get credit for 2 of the 3 because the 3rd night is technically free, just another thing to consider.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
1) You don’t earn 2 Elite Nights for 1 even with the Hyatt Card or Multiple Room bookings.

With the Hyatt Card you get 5 Night credits automatically added for being a cardholder every year though. You also earn 2 Elite nights for every $5,000 spent using that card.

2) The specific multiplier you’re asking for would be - 20 points per dollar spent total.

15 for the Bonus Journeys Promo 4 for the Hyatt CC and 1 per dollar for Explorist Bonus.

I definitely would do all paid though if all nights are during the promotional period as you’d be earning the Bonus Points on all nights, whereas with Points nights you earn nothing.

Also with Prive’ Stay 3 Pay 2 you only usually get credit for 2 of the 3 because the 3rd night is technically free, just another thing to consider.
Thanks for response... I had no clue how to figure out the multiplier so that was a huge help

the 2 nights for 1 is a special promo they just started this week for New car holders.. if you apply between 8/16 and 9/30 you get 2 qualifying nights for every 1 through the end of the year

As far as getting credit for nights.. if the 3rd night from hyatt prive being free means i dont get a qualifying night ...would they give me the 3rd qualifying night from the other room I have booked with pts?

Last as far as paying for the room vs using points... the rate would be $332 per night so paying $996 & earning 19,920pts ($996 x 20) is better than using 60k points to pay for 3 nights?? i guess i didnt realize how valuable points were
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by twondog22
Thanks for response... I had no clue how to figure out the multiplier so that was a huge help

the 2 nights for 1 is a special promo they just started this week for New car holders.. if you apply between 8/16 and 9/30 you get 2 qualifying nights for every 1 through the end of the year

As far as getting credit for nights.. if the 3rd night from hyatt prive being free means i dont get a qualifying night ...would they give me the 3rd qualifying night from the other room I have booked with pts?

Last as far as paying for the room vs using points... the rate would be $332 per night so paying $996 & earning 19,920pts ($996 x 20) is better than using 60k points to pay for 3 nights?? i guess i didnt realize how valuable points were
Thanks for that update wasn’t aware of the Chase promo.

With that in mind you’re losing 2 Elite Nights by booking that Prive’ Rate plan then too as Chase is only doubling nights earned, so if one isn’t earned they can’t double it. They may or may not give you the 3rd night, it’s pretty tricky and kind of up in the air. It’d be easier to evaluate if you posted stay dates and which nights are on points vs. Prive’ if you don’t want to post publicly you can PM me.

The last question is valid so the ~20k points being earned are worth (conservatively) $300, but can definitely be used for $500 in stays if you use them during busier dates where cash rates are higher. If you post stay dates I can tell you what the best use would be. But I will say that during bonus earning promos it’s almost always Cash rates.

Another thing I like to look at for any stay is Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee. Basically you look at what the Member Rate is on Hyatt.com and if it’s bookable lower anywhere else they’ll match it plus give you an extra 20% off which makes stays significantly cheaper.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:58 pm

Thanks for info about guaranteed rate, I didn't know about tthat.

PM sent with stay dates
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Thanks for that update wasn’t aware of the Chase promo.

With that in mind you’re losing 2 Elite Nights by booking that Prive’ Rate plan then too as Chase is only doubling nights earned, so if one isn’t earned they can’t double it. They may or may not give you the 3rd night, it’s pretty tricky and kind of up in the air. It’d be easier to evaluate if you posted stay dates and which nights are on points vs. Prive’ if you don’t want to post publicly you can PM me.

The last question is valid so the ~20k points being earned are worth (conservatively) $300, but can definitely be used for $500 in stays if you use them during busier dates where cash rates are higher. If you post stay dates I can tell you what the best use would be. But I will say that during bonus earning promos it’s almost always Cash rates.

Another thing I like to look at for any stay is Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee. Basically you look at what the Member Rate is on Hyatt.com and if it’s bookable lower anywhere else they’ll match it plus give you an extra 20% off which makes stays significantly cheaper.
Thx for this. Can you give a little more explanation on the match a lower rate plus 20%? Maybe an example. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere. I will research it. Thx
Old Aug 21, 2021, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by tobikosan
Thx for this. Can you give a little more explanation on the match a lower rate plus 20%? Maybe an example. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere. I will research it. Thx
It’s Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee so if you find a lower identical rate (same room, same cancellation policy, same payment terms) then Hyatt will match it plus give you an additional 20% off.

You can call in or submit the claim online for the match.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:09 pm

Just did the completed the guaranteed rate 20% off price match. Took my rate from $332 to $251. Which over 3 nights is huge

The number to call is 1-877-247-3909.
all you have to do is tell them where you found the rate and as long as they can verify it on their end your good to go. One thing to remember is you have to have booked your rate with Hyatt within the last 24hrs..

so basically when your shopping for rates to see what best deal is if you find something cheaper than what's on hyatt.com then you still book on Hyatt.com call the guaranteed rate and you'll get 20% off the lower rate that you found. Thanks Matt!
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:46 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Globalist Benefits At Mlife Hotels?

So, now that I'm a new Globalist, I was wondering if we get any Globalist benefits at Mlife Hotels. And, if so, what benefits (free breakfast, upgrades, etc.)?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hoc
So, now that I'm a new Globalist, I was wondering if we get any Globalist benefits at Mlife Hotels. And, if so, what benefits (free breakfast, upgrades, etc.)?
Globalists get Mlife Gold status. Just status match over

Edit: oh never mind. I mis read. Your post. You’re talking about hotel benefits.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:20 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Hoc
no real benefits, no free breakfast, no waived resort fee. You get whatever is listed under "Gold" Mlife status after status matching.
you can book via Mlife to get WOH points, and the rates are mostly lower on Mlife.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Hoc
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Globalists get Mlife Gold status. Just status match over

Edit: oh never mind. I mis read. Your post. You’re talking about hotel benefits.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
no real benefits, no free breakfast, no waived resort fee. You get whatever is listed under "Gold" Mlife status after status matching.
you can book via Mlife to get WOH points, and the rates are mostly lower on Mlife.
Definitely and officially nothing.

Some Globalists get offered MLife Noir Status which may help in getting room upgrades upon request, but don’t hold your breath on that.

No room upgrades typically, no breakfast, no waived resort fees.

The only Guaranteed Globalist Benefit at MLife is earning a 30% points bonus via WOH other than that nothing.

A lot of people will Match Hyatt status to get MLife Gold then use the MLife Gold to Match to Caesars Diamond (IIRC) and get a bunch of free comps, free dinner (IIRC), waived resort fees and other perks with Caesars. (Note - Caesars status match is only in person on property, while Hyatt’s is only done online).
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:10 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
OK, thanks all. I already have Caesar's Diamond, which I used to match to Mlife Gold. So, if I'm looking for hotel benefits, I guess I just will use Hyatts, rather than Mlife properties.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Hoc
OK, thanks all. I already have Caesar's Diamond, which I used to match to Mlife Gold. So, if I'm looking for hotel benefits, I guess I just will use Hyatts, rather than Mlife properties.
The Hyatt’s in LV are very lackluster, the only 2 Hyatt’s are Hyatt Places at which you officially get no Globalist benefits either.

At least the MLife ones are typically nicer and cheaper even after factoring their resort fees.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
What would be the best way to escalate a request for proper points credit on a stay? Spent $640 on a stay, and while I understand that alcohol, taxes and fees aren't eligible for credit the twitter team is trying to convince me that I'm only entitled to points on $376 (base rate plus $25 of a $300 restaurant bill). I think I'm owed points on the base rate ($349) and non-alcohol, non-tip restaurant spend (~$200).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.