Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijkh
Do the new "office for one day" promotions count towards the 20 nights? That would be my ideal mattress run.
Yes.

But with the upcoming triple points promo for stays of two nights or more you might be better off just finding a cheap property to stay at for a few weekends and a week or two.
ijkh likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Did anyone else's reservations disappear from the "upcoming stays" tab of their mobile app? You can still find them via the "Find Reservation" functionality (it would seem they still exist), but they still don't "stick." Thought it was an IT thing, but closed the app, logged out and back in, etc. Could still be a me thing.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Did anyone else's reservations disappear from the "upcoming stays" tab of their mobile app? You can still find them via the "Find Reservation" functionality (it would seem they still exist), but they still don't "stick." Thought it was an IT thing, but closed the app, logged out and back in, etc. Could still be a me thing.
Delete and re-download the app.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:15 pm
FT

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Hasn't worked for me for the past week or two either.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1k, UA MM, MB Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat (ha ha), Hertz Pres, etc.
First time Globalist, first post in this section of the forum. Going to the GH on Kauai later this month, just for two nights. Booked a “Premium” suite (1600 sq ft, dining table for 4) using points. It has a logoon or ocean view.

Now, there is no description of a Premium Suite on the site, except for the Presidential Suite (2,400 sq ft). Any idea of which suite this will be? Best route to ensure or upgrade to a certain ocean view suite? Call hotel directly and ask options? Call Globalist #?

Oh, and, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in CVG last week. I told them my two nights would get me to Globalist. They checked me in and treated me like a globalist - welcome letter, suite upgrade, breakfast and water vouchers. Great intro after years as Marriott/SPG top-tier (and Titanium for life). Looking forward to more at Hyatt. The Grand Hyatt SFO is what caused me to check out Hyatt further. Love that hotel.
59Impala and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The premium suites are the deluxe ocean front suites on a higher floor. In all likelyhood you will be in the wing of the hotel that also has the club and spa. All the suites there are lovely.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:09 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by AustinBear

Oh, and, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in CVG last week. I told them my two nights would get me to Globalist. They checked me in and treated me like a globalist - welcome letter, suite upgrade, breakfast and water vouchers. Great intro after years as Marriott/SPG top-tier (and Titanium for life). Looking forward to more at Hyatt. The Grand Hyatt SFO is what caused me to check out Hyatt further. Love that hotel.
great experience, so happy 4 you! That is what I call Hyatt, love ´em since 34 years
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: EY
How strict are Hyatt properties on the amount of people in a room versus on the booking? I've been looking for 2 adults and 2 kids in the UAE for a points booking, but most hotels give only cash options or double bed rooms without sitting areas. Was hoping for a 15k suite or thereabouts. If I change it to one kid, I get a lot of better options, as most of the rooms have a stated limit of 3. The better options include suites and one bedrooms. Kids don't mind sleeping in the living room on the couches or whatever, so that's not an issue. Just if the guest shows up to the counter with 1 kid and brings one additional up to the counter with them, or try to pay for breakfast or be treated to it (all four family members) with a guest of honor booking, I'm wondering if that will be an issue. Or if it's best to just bring the younger kid up and have the older one wait in the lobby. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by xobile
How strict are Hyatt properties on the amount of people in a room versus on the booking? I've been looking for 2 adults and 2 kids in the UAE for a points booking, but most hotels give only cash options or double bed rooms without sitting areas. Was hoping for a 15k suite or thereabouts. If I change it to one kid, I get a lot of better options, as most of the rooms have a stated limit of 3. The better options include suites and one bedrooms. Kids don't mind sleeping in the living room on the couches or whatever, so that's not an issue. Just if the guest shows up to the counter with 1 kid and brings one additional up to the counter with them, or try to pay for breakfast or be treated to it (all four family members) with a guest of honor booking, I'm wondering if that will be an issue. Or if it's best to just bring the younger kid up and have the older one wait in the lobby. Thanks.
It will vary by property.

At Ziva / Zilara they absolutely will care (and notice) if you have extra guests. At other properties it’s more mixed. If the max occupancy of a room is three people then you really should only have three people in there and having more is going to open you up to issues… so without going into specifics about the property it’s down to how risk averse you are.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
you can use points to make a „Guest of Honor“ reservation. Your guest should get the same treatment as if you were staying, same benefits. TBH, I don‘t think you can use a e.g. Cat1-4 award for GoH-booking, you can gift them, but the guest would then not get the Globalist benefit (not 100% sure if correct…. Definitely works with points though).
You can def use cat 1-4 certificates of any type for Guest of Honor
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It will vary by property.

At Ziva / Zilara they absolutely will care (and notice) if you have extra guests. At other properties it’s more mixed. If the max occupancy of a room is three people then you really should only have three people in there and having more is going to open you up to issues… so without going into specifics about the property it’s down to how risk averse you are.
I had a similar issue in Tokyo (though it was a max 2 person room and I needed to add a third person). Called the HR and asked about the extra person and they upgraded my point room to a bigger room with a small charge and a rollaway. You could also ask if they will do the family rate for a second room. It’s been as low as $80 for us in the past. I think kid must be <13.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:49 pm

I have a (somewhat) odd upcoming stay with a quick question in hopes I am not messing myself up for qualifying stays and bonus points:

My wife and I are flying into Denver and are scheduled to stay for two nights at a Hyatt property. I have to leave after one night to fly to California where I am checking into another Hyatt when I arrive. She continue home after two nights and I will continue on in California for a few nights before returning home. Basically, my name is on two reservations on overlapping nights in different cities.

How much (if any) will a stay like this cause for my qualifying nights and/or bonus points for the 3x promotion? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Put your wife's name on the reservation where she will remain for the second night. In this case you may get credit for both but will have to contact customer service to have it straightened out. Save your boarding pass/flight information and indicate that you had to leave the first hotel. It may work, and it may not. I don't know how strict they're being about it now.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Put your wife's name on the reservation where she will remain for the second night. In this case you may get credit for both but will have to contact customer service to have it straightened out. Save your boarding pass/flight information and indicate that you had to leave the first hotel. It may work, and it may not. I don't know how strict they're being about it now.
They're pretty good about "fixing" this type of thing as long as you're straightforward and reasonable about what you want to do (e.g. "apply the triple points promo to reservation B instead of reservation A"). It helps if you have a Globalist concierge but Twitter can fix it too.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1k, UA MM, MB Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat (ha ha), Hertz Pres, etc.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
The premium suites are the deluxe ocean front suites on a higher floor. In all likelyhood you will be in the wing of the hotel that also has the club and spa. All the suites there are lovely.
Mary2e I was confused by the 1500 sq ft. Maybe not quite that big, huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.