Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tobikosan
As a globalist do I understand correctly that if you book a standard room on the website or app then when it comes time to check in or possibly before you are sometimes upgraded on the app? And if it is a good upgrade you might consider checking in immediately and if not then ask at the hotel at check in if a better upgrade was available?
Yes, per the rules you can receive an upgrade up to a Standard Suite at the time of check-in (in some cases you can even be upgraded to a Premium Suite, but you shouldn't expect/ ask for it). In most locations, the new room will be shown on the WOH app in the morning of your arrival. Once the room is shown on the app, there is no rush to check in online or run to the hotel, the specified room is already assigned to you. If you are a regular guest to a specific property or if you are on a long stay, the upgraded room can sometimes even appear on the app days in advance, depending on the hotel willingness to block a room they could potentially sell days in advance for you, also depending on the occupancy.

If you aren't upgraded at check-in but still see availability on a more Premium room on the property website, you can ask the front desk if an upgrade is possible, they will likely accept.
tobikosan and synergistic like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:54 pm

I'm confused by the process for using a TSU. I have a points reservation next week, and called Hyatt 2 weeks ago to apply a TSU to that reservation. It was confirmed over the phone thru reservations (no concierge yet), but I see no change online and no TSU's have been deducted from my account.

Is this normal? Does everything get applied at check-in and I have no other confirmation than the verbal confirmation of the reservation agent?

Hope someone can put my mind at rest. Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by so152so14
I'm confused by the process for using a TSU. I have a points reservation next week, and called Hyatt 2 weeks ago to apply a TSU to that reservation. It was confirmed over the phone thru reservations (no concierge yet), but I see no change online and no TSU's have been deducted from my account.

Is this normal? Does everything get applied at check-in and I have no other confirmation than the verbal confirmation of the reservation agent?

Points reservations don't show any changes when a TSU is applied, nor do points + cash bookings. If it was confirmed at the property you'll have your suite.
so152so14 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I have a 5 night stay, beginning Dec. 28 and ending Jan. 2, all on one reservation. Will those 5 nights count towards elite qualification and milestones in 2021 or 2022 (or will each night count individually towards the year in which it occurred)?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I have a 5 night stay, beginning Dec. 28 and ending Jan. 2, all on one reservation. Will those 5 nights count towards elite qualification and milestones in 2021 or 2022 (or will each night count individually towards the year in which it occurred)?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Thanks! That's what I suspected (and prefer).
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
With the newest Hyatt triple points promotion this is only valid on stays of two or more nights and only significant on cash stays, right?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tobikosan
With the newest Hyatt triple points promotion this is only valid on stays of two or more nights and only significant on cash stays, right?
Correct.

The only relevance for award stays is that you’ll get triple points on (eligible) spend.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by so152so14

Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
Points reservations don't show any changes when a TSU is applied, nor do points + cash bookings. If it was confirmed at the property you'll have your suite.
While TSU are never reflected online for a points reservation, I would be concerned if no TSU's were deducted from your account. I suppose it depends on how comfortable you are with risk and if you want to gamble
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by freckles123
While TSU are never reflected online for a points reservation, I would be concerned if no TSU's were deducted from your account. I suppose it depends on how comfortable you are with risk and if you want to gamble
Decided not to gamble - contacted Hyatt on Twitter - they confirmed the upgrade, but also confirmed the TSU had not been processed correctly so they fixed that and now I have 1 less TSU.

Maybe if I had just trusted the process I would have got away without burning the TSU, but all's good.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Last week, when attempting to book a stay using a free night certificate, I accidentally booked an award stay using points. I cancelled it less than 5 minutes later when I noticed and rebooked using the certificate. It has now been 7 days and the points from the original reservation have not been returned to my account. Is this normal? Thanks in advance, I'm totally new to the WOH program.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by njvandy
Last week, when attempting to book a stay using a free night certificate, I accidentally booked an award stay using points. I cancelled it less than 5 minutes later when I noticed and rebooked using the certificate. It has now been 7 days and the points from the original reservation have not been returned to my account. Is this normal? Thanks in advance, I'm totally new to the WOH program.
This is not normal in my experience. I've cancelled several points reservations in the last 3 months and the points show up pretty much instantly. You might have to log out and back in again.
njvandy likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by joachimm
This is not normal in my experience. I've cancelled several points reservations in the last 3 months and the points show up pretty much instantly. You might have to log out and back in again.
Thanks for the quick reply. I called and they said it was some sort of glitch. They restored my points for the cancelled reservation.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I'm wondering if there is a thread for European Hyatt's that are might be particularly good for globalists not using upgrade certificates that are relatively inexpensive say $200 or cheaper a night that have a good chance of being upgrading and are in interesting cities. I know that is broad but I am extremely flexible and have not seen much of Europe. For example the Athens Regency would be great if it was a likely upgrade. Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I am going for globalist this year and want to make sure I understand what counts as a qualifying night. Here’s what I’ve booked so far, most for 2-4 nights:

Cash rate with point Suite upgrade
Award night with points (suite)
Award night with points (including second room for kids)
Cash rate (best rate guarantee/price match)
Cat1-4 cert
Group cash rate (arrangement with local college for discount rate)

My understanding is that all but the last (discount) one and the second kid room qualify. Is there a scenario where the discount rate might qualify? Do the same rules apply for milestones?

Can spouse and I pool our nights?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jun 19, 2021 at 5:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.