Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:40 am

Hi,

recently got my hyatt credit card (non business one) and started to use my card for a few days already. However I do not see my points showing up for the purchases I made this far. I can see my hyatt membership showing up in my chase credit card app.

Do points register from purchases every billing cycle only?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jehova
Hi,

recently got my hyatt credit card (non business one) and started to use my card for a few days already. However I do not see my points showing up for the purchases I made this far. I can see my hyatt membership showing up in my chase credit card app.

Do points register from purchases every billing cycle only?
Correct, a day or two after billing cycles ends, you'll get the points from purchases.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vcccplus
It seems very hard to use free night award. Most places only offer points night. Is there a way to search free night award hotel availability in an area during certain dates? Thanks so much.
I ran into this type of issue recently when booking a two night stay with free night certificates. When I tried to book the two nights together, the system only offered points stays. When I booked each night individually, the system would then offer the free night awards.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pocatello
I used 2 AMEX FHR $200 credits to book two different back-to-back stays at the Thompson in Dallas, Texas, for myself and P2.

I booked two 3-night stays for a total of 6 nights. One 3-night stay in my name and one in P2's name.

* Should I ask MHC or the hotel to move P2's nights to my account so I get 3 nights credit? If the stays are consolidated, will I lose out on the $100 property credit from the second stay?

* Should I use a Suite Night Award? I have 4 SNAs expiring at the end of 2022 so this might be a great opportunity. I have never used SNA before.

* Is there a downside to putting P2's nights in my name that I am not aware of?

I have no experience with FHR outside of a single stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Advice is welcome.
I'll offer a reply since no one else has, even though I don't have any experience booking FHR.

You can try asking the MHC about the $100 credit and see if they know, but I would be prepared to forego the $100 credit.

FYI, I have experience where I stayed in a Hyatt room that was originally booked under my wife's name (I did not know if I would be joining her or not) and I later added myself to the room. After checkout I did not receive EQN because the booking was in my wife's name, and while it was cumbersome (emails with the GM of the hotel) they were able to sort it out after "confirming with the FD" that I had indeed been the one to check in. So just fwiw, it was possible for me to get EQN even when the booking is made in someone else's name.

I don't know this property but it's probably a good use of a TSU...not SNA You will almost certainly need to combine the reservations under your name to use ONE for the full 6 nights however.

Originally Posted by BillMorrow
I ran into this type of issue recently when booking a two night stay with free night certificates. When I tried to book the two nights together, the system only offered points stays. When I booked each night individually, the system would then offer the free night awards.
Yeah the free night option won't show up under the points tab, however if you select member rate and there's a "Pay My Way" option, you should then be able to select free night certs for however many certs you have.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:01 pm

I signed up for the Chase Hyatt credit during the double QN promotion last year planning to become a Globalist.

By December 2021, I exceeded the total spending of $15,000, but I am yet to receive the 2QNs for the spending, which prevents me from becoming a Globalist. Without these 2QNs, I accrued a total of 28QNs in 2021.

My question is if these pending 2QNs will still be added to my 2021 reward or 2022. Even though all spendings happened in December 2021, the statement closing date is 4th of every month, for example January 4. Grateful for any views on this.

Last edited by ohrozi; Jan 23, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ohrozi
I signed up for the Chase Hyatt credit during the double QN promotion last year planning to become a Globalist.

By December 2021, I exceeded the total spending of $15,000, but I am yet to receive the 2QNs for the spending, which prevents me from becoming a Globalist. Without these 2QNs, I accrued a total of 28QNs in 2021.

My question is if these pending 2QNs will still be added to my 2021 reward or 2022. Even though all spendings happened in December 2021, the statement closing date is 4th of every month, for example January 4. Grateful for any views on this.
For the biz card, my QNs posted a couple of weeks after hitting spend. And the terms for my card do say specifically calendar year Jan 1-Dec31. So I imagine it’s just delayed.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan / United / Hyatt / Delta
Has anyone seen this?

My brother opened the World of Hyatt personal credit card and we share a same primary address.
Card is definitely under his name but for some reason, my Hyatt account received Discoverist status and am now receiving points from Chase credit card activities?
He didn't mess up his application and in fact, he didn't have a Hyatt account when he opened so he didn't put any Hyatt information when applying for WOH credit card.

For context, I don't have any credit cards with Hyatt nor do I qualify for their status.

Really weird

Thank you
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flying cochon
Has anyone seen this?

My brother opened the World of Hyatt personal credit card and we share a same primary address.
Card is definitely under his name but for some reason, my Hyatt account received Discoverist status and am now receiving points from Chase credit card activities?
He didn't mess up his application and in fact, he didn't have a Hyatt account when he opened so he didn't put any Hyatt information when applying for WOH credit card.

For context, I don't have any credit cards with Hyatt nor do I qualify for their status.

Really weird

Thank you
Hyatt must have matched your address and last name and thought it was the same person. Check his card and see if your Hyatt membership number is printed in his card.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan / United / Hyatt / Delta
The card actually has MEMBER ID as empty.... :/

Perhaps I can call Chase and confirm the Hyatt Member ID
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:12 am

Another mysterious point balance adjustment this morning. I have 3,874 more points this morning and I don't know why. No recent 3,874 point activity. Last Nov, my point balance was 24k less without any activity. Maybe I'll start an accounting spreadsheet.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know what can be done about expiring certificates in early 2022?
I noticed the original certificates-thread got locked and people were still waiting for clarifications about 2022 certificates.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by luxtravels
Does anyone know what can be done about expiring certificates in early 2022?
I noticed the original certificates-thread got locked and people were still waiting for clarifications about 2022 certificates.
There will likely be more clarification in late February.

I believe that since these specific certificates have not yet been extended that they are likely to grant an extension through 12/31/22.

Just my two cents.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:44 pm

base points and globalist

I've been reading that base points needed for globalist is 100k:
"To reach globalist, you must reach 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points per calendar year."

Given we get 5 base points per $1 spent, (I just got a Hyatt WoH credit card), don't I need to spend $20,000 on my WoH credit card in order to reach globalist? I've been reading though that the EQN (calculated to a whopping $140k spending) is what I need to reach globalist.

Would appreciate any clarification!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jehova
I've been reading that base points needed for globalist is 100k:
"To reach globalist, you must reach 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points per calendar year."

Given we get 5 base points per $1 spent, (I just got a Hyatt WoH credit card), don't I need to spend $20,000 on my WoH credit card in order to reach globalist? I've been reading though that the EQN (calculated to a whopping $140k spending) is what I need to reach globalist.

Would appreciate any clarification!
No, any spend and points earned on the WOH card including spend at Hyatt Hotels is counted as “Bonus Points”.

You need to earn 100k Base Points meaning you’d need to spend 20k on stays and/or dining on property at Hyatt properties.

If you’re just spending $ on your World of Hyatt Card then it is roughly 140k spend needed (assuming you stay 0 nights).

You get 5 EQN for having the card then 2 Nights per 5k spent so you’d need to spend enough to earn 56 Nights (56 divided by 2 is 28 multiplied by 5 equals 140k). Of course for every few nights stayed it reduced the amount of spend needed to hit Globalist.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:28 am

Thank you @Matt4200! I didn't $'s spent on Hyatt properties only applies to base points. AND that $'s spent on groceries, gas, plane tix using WoH credit card do not count towards base points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.