Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by getagb
I’m on an award stay. The hotel gave me a $40 credit for a customer service issue. If I check out without billing anything to the room, will the credit be processed as a refund to my credit card, or will I lose it?
You will lose it. If it were a paid stay it would count against your daily room cost or food.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
I’m on an award stay. The hotel gave me a $40 credit for a customer service issue. If I check out without billing anything to the room, will the credit be processed as a refund to my credit card, or will I lose it?

​​​​​​Have them issue a points credit for the service issue rather than cash...

Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by ZurichTravels
​​​​​​Have them issue a points credit for the service issue rather than cash...

Any front desk agent can offer a credit as it’s within their power, but issuing points requires a high up manager, not even just a base level manager can do it.

So I’m pretty doubtful that at this juncture an offer of points would be possible.

It’d likely only be 2k points anyways (2 cent valuation for $40 credit)…
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
It’d likely only be 2k points anyways (2 cent valuation for $40 credit)…
Better than walking away with nothing. The least OP can do is try.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Eligible Nights at M Life

Is there a maximum number of eligible nights you could earn through M Life stays? Could you theoretically earn globalist through exclusively staying at M Life properties? Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by friedablass
Better than walking away with nothing. The least OP can do is try.
I asked, they declined, so I just went to the restaurant even though I didn’t really want to eat there

One other question, I need to book a one-night stay at an airport Hyatt Place. Is it correct that I can book it on the Amex travel portal and still get stay credit / elite benefits — but if I were to book it on the Capital One or Chase portals I wouldn’t?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jg9907a
Is there a maximum number of eligible nights you could earn through M Life stays? Could you theoretically earn globalist through exclusively staying at M Life properties? Thanks!
Yes you can, but only stays lasting 14 nights or less count. So as long as all stays are less than 14 nights with M Life properties in Las Vegas (as other MLife properties out of Vegas are not partnered with Hyatt) you’ll be good.

Another note - Cosmopolitan was just acquired by MLife so they may be available to earn as well around May.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus

One other question, I need to book a one-night stay at an airport Hyatt Place. Is it correct that I can book it on the Amex travel portal and still get stay credit / elite benefits — but if I were to book it on the Capital One or Chase portals I wouldn’t?
I would like to know this also. I had thought reservations ftom 3rd parties would not get Hyatt credits.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:00 am

Hyatt freenights expiring 12/31/2021if we’re not able to use?

Hyatt freenights: Passport told me that if you were unable to use your free nights to call back after January 1, 2022 and they will issue the equivalent points. Anyone any got such points?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by best
Hyatt freenights: Passport told me that if you were unable to use your free nights to call back after January 1, 2022 and they will issue the equivalent points. Anyone any got such points?
I called and got points for a 1-4 and 1-7 cert a few days before they expired even, but I'm globalist. You might need to call, I doubt it is automatic.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:24 pm

I have the Hyatt personal credit card but I haven't had my 5 nights posted to my account yet this year. Is that normal?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avogadro
I have the Hyatt personal credit card but I haven't had my 5 nights posted to my account yet this year. Is that normal?
Not all have posted yet. Give it a few days.
avogadro likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:48 pm

Yes you can, but only stays lasting 14 nights or less count. So as long as all stays are less than 14 nights with M Life properties in Las Vegas (as other MLife properties out of Vegas are not partnered with Hyatt) you’ll be good.

Another note - Cosmopolitan was just acquired by MLife so they may be available to earn as well around May.
Is this specific to M life or applies to any Hyatt stay? In other words, if I stay a few months at a hyatt place or house do I not get any qualifying nights because it’s over 14 days ?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Pointchasers
Is this specific to M life or applies to any Hyatt stay? In other words, if I stay a few months at a hyatt place or house do I not get any qualifying nights because it’s over 14 days ?
It’s specific to MLife.

However, many US Hyatt Properties will not allow you to stay 29+ Days consecutively due to squatting and housing laws. Basically if you live there consistently for 30+ days and decide to stop paying they then have to evict you through court proceedings which is why most cut off at 28 days.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:37 am

It’s specific to MLife.

However, many US Hyatt Properties will not allow you to stay 29+ Days consecutively due to squatting and housing laws. Basically if you live there consistently for 30+ days and decide to stop paying they then have to evict you through court proceedings which is why most cut off at 28 days.
Thank you for the quick response, I really appreciate it.
From your experience, is that more state specific? I’ve read several conflicting things online but I always thought that hotels offering an extended stay rate wouldn’t do that if the system allows you to book 30+ days.

for reference, I am looking at California.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.