Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:10 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richarddd
The last activity in my Hyatt account is a checkout on Jan 16, 2020. This means my points will expire unless I do something by Jan 15, 2022. Is that correct?

It appears the easiest thing would be to transfer 1,000 Chase UR points on Jan 14. Should I transfer sooner to be safe?
would make sense.
quite some discussion going on here

Reminder received about points expiring Dec 31, 2021
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:33 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The last activity in my Hyatt account is a checkout on Jan 16, 2020. This means my points will expire unless I do something by Jan 15, 2022. Is that correct?

It appears the easiest thing would be to transfer 1,000 Chase UR points on Jan 14. Should I transfer sooner to be safe?
If you know you're going to do the transfer, why wait?

Chase UR points transfer didn’t go through instantly - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by skj
If you know you're going to do the transfer, why wait?

Chase UR points transfer didn’t go through instantly - FlyerTalk Forums
The longer I wait the later the expiration date will be. I'll probably transfer in the first week in January. If for some reason the transfer is delayed by a lot, I could always spend $24 to buy some points.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
The longer I wait the later the expiration date will be. I'll probably transfer in the first week in January. If for some reason the transfer is delayed by a lot, I could always spend $24 to buy some points.
Or you could always pop in and buy a coffee if there's a local Hyatt to you with a world of hyatt participating outlet. Make sure they are first though, and that your member number gets associated with the transaction.

Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I have two upcoming stays, one at Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi (cash) and one at Park Hyatt Dubai (points).
I have called in and applied suite upgrade awards for each stay.
Both suite upgrade awards have been deducted from my account.

The Abu Dhabi reservation now shows the upgraded room type -
Room Type: GRAND SUITE KING
Room Description:
King bed: 90sqm: Palace view: Balcony: Exec lounge access: Floor to ceiling windows
Preferences and Policies: SUITE UPGRADE AWARD
Your preferences have been submitted and are subject to hotel availability.

The Dubai reservation does not -
Room Type: 1 KING BED
Room Description:
1 king bed: floors 1-5: 52 sq m: Patio: View work desk: Bath Tub: Walk in shower and Wifi

Is this normal? I thought that the suite upgrade award was guaranteed, not subject to availability.
This is my first time using suite upgrade awards so don't know what to expect.
Should I be looking for a different hotel in Dubai that will guarantee the upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jbeckett; Dec 22, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
I have two upcoming stays, one at Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi (cash) and one at Park Hyatt Dubai (points).

Room Description:
King bed: 90sqm: Palace view: Balcony: Exec lounge access: Floor to ceiling windows

Room Description:
1 king bed: floors 1-5: 52 sq m: Patio: View work desk: Bath Tub: Walk in shower and Wifi

Is this normal? I thought that the suite upgrade award was guaranteed, not subject to availability.
Should I be looking for a different hotel in Dubai that will guarantee the upgrade?
Thanks in advance.
Points reservations do not reflect Suite Upgrades on your end until the day of check in.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett

Room Description:

Room Description:

Thanks in advance.
Was one booked with cash and the other with points? Cash reservations show the change immediately, points reservations don't show the change until the day before even though it's guaranteed
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Was one booked with cash and the other with points? Cash reservations show the change immediately, points reservations don't show the change until the day before even though it's guaranteed
I attached a Suite Award to a cash reservation last month; it does not show any update in the reservation detail (the award was deducted from the account). Should I call the hotel/Hyatt Globalist Line to confirm?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:32 pm

Stay credit -- Two hotels in same city?

If I register and actually check into 2 hyatts in the same city Or Different cities can I earn 2 stay credits per night. Thanks to all for your help and answers
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:34 pm

What about if I book two rooms at the same property?

Double tier credits or only one tier credit.

Any promos for double tier credits WITH the affinity credit card?
Thanks to all for your generous help
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by writetorich
If I register and actually check into 2 hyatts in the same city Or Different cities can I earn 2 stay credits per night. Thanks to all for your help and answers
You may fall through the cracks but technically no, only one night credit.

Originally Posted by writetorich
Double tier credits or only one tier credit.

Any promos for double tier credits WITH the affinity credit card?
Thanks to all for your generous help
Also only one night credit (although you earn points on the spend for both rooms).
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Am I imagining things, or was there ever a time when Diamond/Globalist got point bonus when they registered and got credited for a missing stay/bonus points allotment?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:41 pm

I am a little confused about how qualifying spend is calculated when using a gift card. Can someone check Hyatt's math/statement for me?

Seems to me like qualifying spend should have been $597.27 if gift card spend counts or $497.27 if for some reason it doesn't (pretty sure it's supposed to earn points) Instead they say $561.73?? Just trying to understand if I'm missing something since I haven't usually paid much attention to my points earnings in the past. Thanks!

Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I am a little confused about how qualifying spend is calculated when using a gift card. Can someone check Hyatt's math/statement for me?

Seems to me like qualifying spend should have been $597.27 if gift card spend counts or $497.27 if for some reason it doesn't (pretty sure it's supposed to earn points) Instead they say $561.73?? Just trying to understand if I'm missing something since I haven't usually paid much attention to my points earnings in the past. Thanks!
According to me you should get the 597.27. Gift card is just another form of payment, equivalent to CC or cash. your concierge should fix that. no idea how they did the math and no way to identify how they come to 561.73. Unless there is some tax associated to the gift card? but even then, 35.54 in taxes for a 100$ voucher would be crazy.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:08 am

Reservation agent accidentally booked a cat 1-4 hotel with my cat 1-7 cert. Then she cancelled the cert but this "free night" reservation is still active on my account. What is happening with this reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.