Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:06 pm

I applied for WoH CC during their double qualifying nights promo and the terms stated promo thru 31st of Dec.
At 27 nights after a 4 night stay from 12/24-12/27. My 4 extra nights didn't post, but it should in January right and it would count towards Globalist for the next year?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by getbuckets
I applied for WoH CC during their double qualifying nights promo and the terms stated promo thru 31st of Dec.
At 27 nights after a 4 night stay from 12/24-12/27. My 4 extra nights didn't post, but it should in January right and it would count towards Globalist for the next year?
Since the stay took place this year (2021) the bonus nights would credit to 2021. It can take a few days or a few weeks to post.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Update: I received the two Suite Upgrade rewards and contacted the globalist line, And unfortunately, there weren't any suites available. I figure so since it's the week of new years.

I have a reservation in October for 3 weeks, and will still have two suite upgrades, so can I use two on that visit to cover 2 of the 3 weeks, and just move to a standard room thereafter for a week? Or should I just trying to rebook 3 separate 7 night bookings back to back to hopefully use 2 suite upgrades and just a standard room during the last week?

I just received an upgrade automatically to a Regency Suite for my stay today (one night). I'll see what they do for the stay after that one. fingers crossed
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
I just received this email from WOH encouraging me to go for Globalist:

On the Horizon: Globalist Status

The best is yet to come: Globalist status

You’re well on your way to even more exclusive experiences. Remember, requirements are relaxed in 2021 so you can qualify or re-qualify for elite status with half the Tier-Qualifying Nights or half the Base Points. Right now, you’re just 6 qualifying nights away from Globalist status, the most elevated way to keep you feeling cared for and rewarded...
However I need 6 more nights and there's only one night left in calendar year 2021. Impossible, right? I assume it's just an automated email without any date calculation logic, but thought I'd ask in case a mattress run is still possible. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AKronin
I just received this email from WOH encouraging me to go for Globalist:

However I need 6 more nights and there's only one night left in calendar year 2021. Impossible, right? I assume it's just an automated email without any date calculation logic, but thought I'd ask in case a mattress run is still possible. Thanks!
I think the only possible route is getting the WOH personal credit card for the 5 EQN as well as checking into a Hyatt tonight.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think the only possible route is getting the WOH personal credit card for the 5 EQN as well as checking into a Hyatt tonight.
Thanks for the suggestions! I neglected to mention that 5 EQNs from my WOH CC are already baked into my 24 YTD, so I think I'm out of luck.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, SQ, UA, DL, WN
Question

If I am booking a points stay (for a HP in Phoenix) but want to book a second room in the same hotel, can I do it for a cash reservation under my name/account? The globalist benefits (Guest of Honor) are not important for the second room (family) for this particular hotel. It's easier for me to book, I understand it won't count toward elite nights but appreciate any points that come my way from this. Can I do this or should I be booking this under the family members (non-elite) account?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
If I am booking a points stay (for a HP in Phoenix) but want to book a second room in the same hotel, can I do it for a cash reservation under my name/account? The globalist benefits (Guest of Honor) are not important for the second room (family) for this particular hotel. It's easier for me to book, I understand it won't count toward elite nights but appreciate any points that come my way from this. Can I do this or should I be booking this under the family members (non-elite) account?
You can book it under your account, you'll get the points for both rooms and EQN for one.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
Why couldn't you make the cash reservation your room and the points booking as GOH? I guess the hassle is not worth it if it's not important...or maybe no more points availability?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:51 pm

Fairly new to Hyatt. Previously didn't pay much attention to Hotel loyalty but decided to focus on Hyatt and made Globalist by the end of 2021.

I am going with family on a Mediterranean Cruise this summer and we will have a few nights on either end. We plan to get three rooms at the Park Hyatt in Istanbul for a few nights. It's category 4, and looking at the price, points get a pretty good value (around 2.3 cents). I can easily cover it all with points, including some transferred from Chase, and I have a few free night certs (and this seems like fantastic value to use those). The others going with us don't have Hyatt status (and may not even have accounts at all).

What's the best way to go about this? Put everything under my account/name or do one for myself and then two Guest of Honor reservations? I know that no matter what, I'll only get EQN for one room, so it would seem GoH + getting them to make accounts and putting their numbers on the GoH reservations is the best option? Is there any reason to just have them all under my name instead? And I've never made a GoH reservation, but believe I've read I have to call in to do that? Will I see those in the app/my account?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Embowaf
Fairly new to Hyatt. Previously didn't pay much attention to Hotel loyalty but decided to focus on Hyatt and made Globalist by the end of 2021.

I am going with family on a Mediterranean Cruise this summer and we will have a few nights on either end. We plan to get three rooms at the Park Hyatt in Istanbul for a few nights. It's category 4, and looking at the price, points get a pretty good value (around 2.3 cents). I can easily cover it all with points, including some transferred from Chase, and I have a few free night certs (and this seems like fantastic value to use those). The others going with us don't have Hyatt status (and may not even have accounts at all).

What's the best way to go about this? Put everything under my account/name or do one for myself and then two Guest of Honor reservations? I know that no matter what, I'll only get EQN for one room, so it would seem GoH + getting them to make accounts and putting their numbers on the GoH reservations is the best option? Is there any reason to just have them all under my name instead? And I've never made a GoH reservation, but believe I've read I have to call in to do that? Will I see those in the app/my account?
GOH the additional rooms but have their incidentals/expenses under your room (presuming you wish to pay for them and get the points). You'll need to have customer support do the GoH reservation, whether that's calling in or chatting in app/social media channels. I don't think they appear in your account.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
The last activity in my Hyatt account is a checkout on Jan 16, 2020. This means my points will expire unless I do something by Jan 15, 2022. Is that correct?

It appears the easiest thing would be to transfer 1,000 Chase UR points on Jan 14. Should I transfer sooner to be safe?
I just transferred 1,000 points. It went through instantly.

With luck we'll be able to travel and stay at a Hyatt before Dec 31, 2023.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Good morning. Happy and healthy and safe new year to all. Wondering about the timing of posting of WOH points for JDV by Hyatt hotel stays.

For HR, GH, HP and HH my points (and associated awards) have always posted on the afternoon of the day after checkout, about 24-30 hours after checkout. I checked out of a JDV Hyatt hotel in the morning 2 days ago, was expecting to see the points yesterday afternoon, so far bupkis. It’s my 100th TQN this year and also my 5th brand, so expecting a couple of rewards as well, including an award (FNA Cat 1-4) I’d like to try to redeem ASAP.

Is that typical, do JDV points (and associated awards) take longer to post? Should I be concerned?

Thank you.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Good morning. Happy and healthy and safe new year to all. Wondering about the timing of posting of WOH points for JDV by Hyatt hotel stays.

For HR, GH, HP and HH my points (and associated awards) have always posted on the afternoon of the day after checkout, about 24-30 hours after checkout. I checked out of a JDV Hyatt hotel in the morning 2 days ago, was expecting to see the points yesterday afternoon, so far bupkis. It’s my 100th TQN this year and also my 5th brand, so expecting a couple of rewards as well, including an award (FNA Cat 1-4) I’d like to try to redeem ASAP.

Is that typical, do JDV points (and associated awards) take longer to post? Should I be concerned?

Thank you.
It's more a factor of the property (and other things) vs. the brand. Sometimes it takes a few days to post.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I’m on an award stay. The hotel gave me a $40 credit for a customer service issue. If I check out without billing anything to the room, will the credit be processed as a refund to my credit card, or will I lose it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.