Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:50 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Birthday Loyalty Points -
250 For Members
500 For Discoverists
750 For Explorists
1,000 For Globalists
It’s not a ton, but it’s a nice gesture and would make guests feel valued, especially now.
honestly not a fan of this. I would see no reason to appreciate the points, as it is not any appreciation by Hyatt. There would be an automated process in the background simply distributing the points to all members. Anything is much more estimated when it comes "from the heart" and spontaneously.

I'd find it much nicer if e.g. you have an actual stay at a Hyatt and the FDA then recognizes you have birthday and says, "hey, thanks for staying here on your birthday, let me give you 1000 points". that's a different story.

just my thoughts.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
honestly not a fan of this. I would see no reason to appreciate the points, as it is not any appreciation by Hyatt. There would be an automated process in the background simply distributing the points to all members. Anything is much more estimated when it comes "from the heart" and spontaneously.

I'd find it much nicer if e.g. you have an actual stay at a Hyatt and the FDA then recognizes you have birthday and says, "hey, thanks for staying here on your birthday, let me give you 1000 points". that's a different story.

just my thoughts.
I feel like maybe you have a different perspective being a LTG than the rest of us…

For me personally getting an email saying -

“Happy Birthday, Thank You for Being a Globalist as a Token of our appreciation here’s 1,000 points!”

Would be well received, even if there was a restriction that they must be used in your birthday month or if it said that if you stay in your birthday month you’d receive 1,000 bonus points as a Globalist.

I feel like I receive many emails from many businesses in my birthday month and it makes me feel more welcomed, even if it’s automated.

It’s like receiving a $30 Certificate from Benihana in your birthday month, it definitely drives you in and it’s a memorable experience.

It’s also not within the power of a FDA to award points that would have to be done by a manager who would likely deny such a request. Hyatt Corporate however could easily make it happen.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:38 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I feel like maybe you have a different perspective being a LTG than the rest of us…

For me personally getting an email saying -

“Happy Birthday, Thank You for Being a Globalist as a Token of our appreciation here’s 1,000 points!”

Would be well received, even if there was a restriction that they must be used in your birthday month or if it said that if you stay in your birthday month you’d receive 1,000 bonus points as a Globalist.

I feel like I receive many emails from many businesses in my birthday month and it makes me feel more welcomed, even if it’s automated.

It’s like receiving a $30 Certificate from Benihana in your birthday month, it definitely drives you in and it’s a memorable experience.

It’s also not within the power of a FDA to award points that would have to be done by a manager who would likely deny such a request. Hyatt Corporate however could easily make it happen.
maybe it's more a cultural issue. I work for a large US corporation with some 130k employees. Service anniversaries are congratulated for electronically. Has no value here in Switzerland to the employees, not much appreciated
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:30 am

Is there a way to know how many standard suites a property has? Trying to maximize my upgrade chances for an upcoming Seattle trip.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by rhg247
Is there a way to know how many standard suites a property has? Trying to maximize my upgrade chances for an upcoming Seattle trip.
I've never seen numbers listed for any property, though some may list 200 rooms and 10 suites, but I don't often see that.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rhg247
You won’t get the breakdown without asking the property / hyatt.

In general, if the property has lots of different types of suites then it’s often the case that there are very few “standard” suite types / suites available. But it varies and the only way to know for sure is to ask.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:00 am

Thanks, all.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: Southwest, AA, Starwood, MR
Originally Posted by jehova
Hello folks,
I just signed up for WoH credit card and am hoping to get to globalist. Looks like I missed the boat on last years promo but any advice / tips for a Hyatt Newbie to reach globalist status? We do plan on staying at several Hyatt properties throughout the year maybe as early as Feb.

Also, we do visit vegas several times a year, and I saw a thread recently about doing a mattress run (had go google this) at Excalibur or Luxor. However in order to avoid resort fees for the mattress run, I would need to already have explorist or globalist status, right?

Appreciate any advice!
Similar situation here - Hyatt newbie who is itching to get Globalist status after missing out on the easy opportunities last year. Any guesses if Hyatt will reduce qualifying nights needed again this year? Or offer double elite nights, either for all members or tied to the CC? If anyone knows of any status challenge option I'd love to hear it - unfortunately Vegas MGM stays don't help newbies much since we can't match to MLife gold and waive resort fees. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:47 pm

It seems very hard to use free night award. Most places only offer points night. Is there a way to search free night award hotel availability in an area during certain dates? Thanks so much.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:38 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by vcccplus
It seems very hard to use free night award. Most places only offer points night. Is there a way to search free night award hotel availability in an area during certain dates? Thanks so much.
if available on points, it should be available with certs as well. It would automatically show when searching. Ensure you do not have any corporate code listed when searching. If points show, but not certs availability, call Hyatt CS. They should be able to apply the cert in that case.
vcccplus likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:09 am

Also, be certain you are logged in to your account when searching. I have made that mistake and wondered why my Free Night wasn't showing as usable.
59Impala and vcccplus like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:18 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by xooz
Also, be certain you are logged in to your account when searching. I have made that mistake and wondered why my Free Night wasn't showing as usable.
seems so obvious, but yes, happened to me too, because I get logged out fairly quickly on hyatt.com
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
I suspect I know the answer already... but if the Rate Rule Details specify "STANDARD ROOM ONLYS" , one cannot use a suite upgrade award, can they?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fezzington
I suspect I know the answer already... but if the Rate Rule Details specify "STANDARD ROOM ONLYS" , one cannot use a suite upgrade award, can they?
Rate details mean nothing in terms of using suite upgrade awards. Assuming it’s not a TSU ineligible property and they have standard suites you can use a Suite Award.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I used 2 AMEX FHR $200 credits to book two different back-to-back stays at the Thompson in Dallas, Texas, for myself and P2.

I booked two 3-night stays for a total of 6 nights. One 3-night stay in my name and one in P2's name.

* Should I ask MHC or the hotel to move P2's nights to my account so I get 3 nights credit? If the stays are consolidated, will I lose out on the $100 property credit from the second stay?

* Should I use a Suite Night Award? I have 4 SNAs expiring at the end of 2022 so this might be a great opportunity. I have never used SNA before.

* Is there a downside to putting P2's nights in my name that I am not aware of?

I have no experience with FHR outside of a single stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Advice is welcome.
I could use some advice from the Hyatt experts. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.