Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Maybe I should contact the property, say that I have a reservation using a free night certificate following a cash reservation, and ask what upcharge the hotel would want to let me stay in the better-than-standard room, and see what the answer is. If I do this, is it better to email or call? Thanks.
If you take that route you're potentially closing off (or at least reducing) the possibility of a free upgrade for that last night. Unless it's a particularly busy weekend, personally I would just leave it as is and then at check in note that you have multiple reservations for the stay,
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by coleslaw
If you take that route you're potentially closing off (or at least reducing) the possibility of a free upgrade for that last night. Unless it's a particularly busy weekend, personally I would just leave it as is and then at check in note that you have multiple reservations for the stay,
Thanks. I'm not aware of any special events, so maybe that's what I'll do. My big concern about contacting the hotel is that the price difference would be web-rate-of-better-room minus Hyatt-reimbursement-for-cert, while I would be happy to pay web-rate-of-better-room minus web-rate-of-standard-room.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks. I'm not aware of any special events, so maybe that's what I'll do. My big concern about contacting the hotel is that the price difference would be web-rate-of-better-room minus Hyatt-reimbursement-for-cert, while I would be happy to pay web-rate-of-better-room minus web-rate-of-standard-room.
I believe that normally the price difference would be based on the latter.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:21 am

Free night anniversary

I opened my card January off last year. When do I get the free night certificate?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Atreyu21
I opened my card January off last year. When do I get the free night certificate?
Go into Chase.com and check when you received your first statement it usually correlates with that which is typically 4-6 weeks after account opening.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:26 am

https://www.sweetdeals.com/travel/90...-solutions-llc

Hyatt Place Orlando Offer
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
A question to fellow globalists, when you enter your room and see a welcome letter from manager with your name on and a fruit/cheese platter on a table with a couple of bottles of wine, do you ever wonder (or always) these are for a fee?
I was shocked to see minibar charge for the wines after check-out, and inquired about it later on but they insisted their intention was to sell, which I didn't fight because technically they didn't specifically say those were free.
But jeez... come on! I felt I got tricked. They put them on a table (away from the mini bar) with a welcome letter that has my name on it. Am I wrong to feel this way? Do you ever bother to call front desk to make sure these are not for a charge? Or read every line of the letter to make sure these are complimentary or not?

Second question is, when you see the folio, often times eligible spend is clearly off. A lot of times when there's a hotel credit such as prive, it almost always messes it up. I know retail shops are a hit or miss and parking is random.
Do you care to write to your concierge to have it fixed? These dollars all add up towards LF status, too.
friedablass and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
A question to fellow globalists, when you enter your room and see a welcome letter from manager with your name on and a fruit/cheese platter on a table with a couple of bottles of wine, do you ever wonder (or always) these are for a fee?
I was shocked to see minibar charge for the wines after check-out, and inquired about it later on but they insisted their intention was to sell, which I didn't fight because technically they didn't specifically say those were free.
But jeez... come on! I felt I got tricked. They put them on a table (away from the mini bar) with a welcome letter that has my name on it. Am I wrong to feel this way? Do you ever bother to call front desk to make sure these are not for a charge? Or read every line of the letter to make sure these are complimentary or not?

Second question is, when you see the folio, often times eligible spend is clearly off. A lot of times when there's a hotel credit such as prive, it almost always messes it up. I know retail shops are a hit or miss and parking is random.
Do you care to write to your concierge to have it fixed? These dollars all add up towards LF status, too.
Ummmh, no. If it's on a table with a letter, it's free. I would absolutely fight that and no way I would pay it
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
If the wine is clearly separated from the mini bar and there’s a personalized welcome note beside it then I would 100% fight this. Email your concierge or Hyatt corporate and the hotel GM.
friedablass and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm with Jasonvr and coleslaw. You have been tricked and you should feel aggrieved.
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:29 pm

Agree with everyone else, and wouldn't mind knowing the hotel.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:53 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
yes, name and shame.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
If the wine is clearly separated from the mini bar and there’s a personalized welcome note beside it then I would 100% fight this. Email your concierge or Hyatt corporate and the hotel GM.
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Agree with everyone else, and wouldn't mind knowing the hotel.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes, name and shame.
It’s actually funny you mention this, I’ve been traveling for years and have had birthdays, anniversaries, as well as other special occasions welcomed by hotels leaving a bottle of wine and chocolates never once charged.

Until just last month was charged $80 for “Room Service” at the Cosmopolitan. Didn’t order any Room Service at all was told it was due to the wine. Which I didn’t order and it was placed on a cart separate from everything with a birthday card.

Last edited by Matt4200; Feb 6, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
It was about half a year ago. I was going through my past activities and saw 0 points from that hotel for the room charge (an award stay) - why I had seemlingly unrelated second question in there.
I looked up the hotel reivew here just now, too. One globalist's hotel review shows the same platter with same wine albeit only one.

They even charged twice for each of the two nights at first. ($40x2 x2) Removed second night's charge after I disputed.
I first wrote to the myhyattconcierge but she didn't exactly side with me, either. Didn't step in for me and just provided hotel email making me think I was in the wrong.

Anyhow thanks for sharing your experiences. I have gotten dimond/glob amenities many times over a dozen years now but this one for sure leaves bad taste in my mouth.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there ever a circumstance when a rate booked on Hyatt - without a special rate or discount code or anything like that - would be ineligible to earn points or night credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.