Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:39 pm

Hyatt chase credit card

Hello,

I have The hyatt chase credit card and I'm wondering if the hyatt points are earned during the month you spend or the month that you pay your bill?

The reason that I ask is that I have already re-qualified for globalist for next year but my December credit card bill is going to be a hefty one.... trying to see if there is a benefit to paying it off in January vs paying it in full this month.

Thano you in advance for your help.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Hyatt chase credit card

Hello,

I have The hyatt chase credit card and I'm wondering if the hyatt points are earned during the month you spend or the month that you pay your bill?

The reason that I ask is that I have already re-qualified for globalist for next year but my December credit card bill is going to be a hefty one.... trying to see if there is a benefit to paying it off in January vs paying it in full this month.

Thano you in advance for your help.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Irishcowgirl
Points from Hyatt co-brand card spend post on the date your statement closes (might show up a few days later, but they'll accrue to the statement date).
Irishcowgirl likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Points from Hyatt co-brand card spend post on the date your statement closes (might show up a few days later, but they'll accrue to the statement date).
Thank you. So there is no benefit to paying it off next month. Appreciate your help.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Cancellation

How strict is Hyatt about cancelation? I’ve got an award stay tomorrow night for two nights with two rooms in NYC and space just opened up at a preferred location with points. By the time I could change everything would be day of. Current rez says 48 hour cancelation. But since this is all points, I’m wondering if it matters that much. Glob if it matters.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:52 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
How strict is Hyatt about cancelation? I’ve got an award stay tomorrow night for two nights with two rooms in NYC and space just opened up at a preferred location with points. By the time I could change everything would be day of. Current rez says 48 hour cancelation. But since this is all points, I’m wondering if it matters that much. Glob if it matters.
If you had cancelled your reservation instead of posting here, you'd probably be fine. The current policy for certain elite WoH members is cancel by midnight the day before arrival when the cancellation period is 48 hours or less.

"World of Hyatt members: Subject to certain restrictions, reservations confirmed or changed by an Explorist, Globalist or Lifetime Globalist can be cancelled until 11:59 p.m. the day before arrival, when the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation period is not more than 48 hours prior to check-in. This 24-hour cancellation benefit does not apply: (i) to reservations at Hyatt Residence Club or Miraval resorts; (ii) where the rate is pre-paid and/or non-refundable; (iii) when the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation period is more than 48 hours; or (iv) for reservations booked at corporate negotiated or group contract rates. The cancellation windows are based on the hotel's time zone."

If you didn't cancel, you're at the mercy of the hotel or you might be able to play some games. The T&Cs say you'll get your points back and your credit card will be charged the cash rate (likely for 1 night at either the HC Midtown or Andaz 5th).

"
If a Member does not follow the proper cancellation policy for the applicable hotel or resort or if a Member does not check into the hotel or resort when scheduled, the credit card provided with the Award Reservation will be charged in accordance with the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation or no-show policy and any points redeemed for the applicable Award Reservation will be returned to the Member’s account. "

My suggestion would be to contact the hotel and see if they will do anything for you.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:51 am

Does anyone know, for comp night at Mlife hotel, if I pay money to upgrade room, will the comp night counting qualify night under Hyatt .
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:19 pm

I'm a globalist and me and my family have an international flight that lands at 10:30am on a Saturday and our connection is at 8pm. There's a cheap (5k/night) Hyatt Place very close to the airport and we thought it'd be nice to use that to shower and rest a bit before doing some quick sight seeing. My question is how would this work logistically if the hotel's check out is at 11am?

If I just book Friday night and let the hotel know I'll be checking in Saturday morning so they hold the room, is it an issue if I don't show up until 11:30am or noon on Saturday?
Because of 4pm checkout from Globalist, is having a room booked for Friday night but actually physically being in the room Saturday from say noon to 2pm even a thing that I could do?
Should I book both Friday and Saturday nights? I assume then checking in at Noon on Saturday wouldn't be an issue?
Don't want to have to rely on "luck" for getting early access to a room by booking only Saturday night...

This is where Hyatt's "Office for a Day" thing would be perfect but that doesn't seem to be offered at this European property. Anyways anyone have this situation before and what did you do?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I would book Sat night only, talk to the property ahead of time (either directly or via MHC), let them know you would like to check in early. It's not like you're arriving at 5am...have to think that at an airport HP there are rooms available for a Glob by noon.
BananaFusion likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by BananaFusion
I'm a globalist and me and my family have an international flight that lands at 10:30am on a Saturday and our connection is at 8pm. There's a cheap (5k/night) Hyatt Place very close to the airport and we thought it'd be nice to use that to shower and rest a bit before doing some quick sight seeing. My question is how would this work logistically if the hotel's check out is at 11am?

If I just book Friday night and let the hotel know I'll be checking in Saturday morning so they hold the room, is it an issue if I don't show up until 11:30am or noon on Saturday?
Because of 4pm checkout from Globalist, is having a room booked for Friday night but actually physically being in the room Saturday from say noon to 2pm even a thing that I could do?
Should I book both Friday and Saturday nights? I assume then checking in at Noon on Saturday wouldn't be an issue?
Don't want to have to rely on "luck" for getting early access to a room by booking only Saturday night...

This is where Hyatt's "Office for a Day" thing would be perfect but that doesn't seem to be offered at this European property. Anyways anyone have this situation before and what did you do?
A knowledgeable agent at that property would be able to advise you best, however much of it will depend on whether they are sold out on one of those two nights in question. FYI there are also quite a few websites that sell daytime hours for airport hotels, you can google for it. Of course they don't offer EQN when booked that way.
BananaFusion likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
1 night stay Dec 31 to Jan 1. Count as 2022 or 2023?
thanks
Old Dec 17, 2022, 4:02 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
thanks
pbd456 and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
thanks
Just for reference..its the check in date.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Kasiraman
my 12/31/2021 check out 1/1/2022 credited towards 2022 nights but this may be ymmv
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kasiraman
Its the check out date that matters
Pocatello likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.