Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:45 pm

How does WoH credit card qualifying night credits work with points you get from hosting events? For example if I earn 50k Hyatt points through hosting an event. I guess they don't complement each other at all since they're completely separate ways to earn status?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Totakeke
How does WoH credit card qualifying night credits work with points you get from hosting events? For example if I earn 50k Hyatt points through hosting an event. I guess they don't complement each other at all since they're completely separate ways to earn status?
Yes they are separate.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:09 am

Do award bookings at Hyatt Residence Clubs contribute to tier status?

Hi guys, I lucked out and enjoyed a 7 day award booking at the Hyatt Residence Club in Maui this summer. After checkout I got points for room charges but did not get any qualifying nights. I was under the impression that award nights should be qualifying. True or no? It’s enough nights to hit the next tier. Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Pax415
Hi guys, I lucked out and enjoyed a 7 day award booking at the Hyatt Residence Club in Maui this summer. After checkout I got points for room charges but did not get any qualifying nights. I was under the impression that award nights should be qualifying. True or no? It’s enough nights to hit the next tier. Thanks!
I recently stayed at the HRC Sedona and noticed that those nights didn't post on my account nor did they show on my past activity. I reached out to Hyatt and they corrected the problem within a few days. Might be something with just HRC but hoping this helps you and others down the road.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by surikatina
I recently stayed at the HRC Sedona and noticed that those nights didn't post on my account nor did they show on my past activity. I reached out to Hyatt and they corrected the problem within a few days. Might be something with just HRC but hoping this helps you and others down the road.
Thanks, I did just this and got it resolved over chat. Appreciate your advice!
surikatina likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Park Hyatt NYC Award Availability - Gone

Hi everyone!

Classic story - I’m someone who always books as early as possible, and this is the one time I don’t and it bites me in the butt.

Tried to use 30k points for the Park Hyatt NYC for a (I assume) lower volume Sun Dec 12 - Mon Dec 13, and it’s been available for weeks. Today I go to book and it’s gone. Tried to call and twitter DM them, hopeless as I expected.

Does this happen a lot, and is award availability going to re-appear? Not sure if it’s like airlines where fare buckets disappear and re-appear every other day, or if it’s gone for good.

If anyone has any experience with this please let me know! Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whitf00t
Hi everyone!

Classic story - I’m someone who always books as early as possible, and this is the one time I don’t and it bites me in the butt.

Tried to use 30k points for the Park Hyatt NYC for a (I assume) lower volume Sun Dec 12 - Mon Dec 13, and it’s been available for weeks. Today I go to book and it’s gone. Tried to call and twitter DM them, hopeless as I expected.

Does this happen a lot, and is award availability going to re-appear? Not sure if it’s like airlines where fare buckets disappear and re-appear every other day, or if it’s gone for good.

Award availability is based on whether there are any standard rooms available. It’s possible that standard rooms will be made available again - you just need to continue monitoring it (or create an alert to get notified when standard rooms are available for sale again).
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:09 pm

I, a lowly Discoverist, have a Cat 1-4 credit card free night expiring Dec. 31, 2021, and I am trying to find a way to use it. We are traveling later this month, but staying with relatives for most of the trip. I have thought of two possibilities:

-- We are flying out of Chicago, so use the free night at Category 2 Hyatt Regency O'Hare for their Park, Sleep and Fly rate (free covered parking for duration of the trip and shuttle to/from airport). Would gladly pay the difference between this rate and the standard or member rate (currently $10-$16). And since we have a noon flight and live only a few miles from the airport, we wouldn't actually be using the room. Not sure if being in the air or already landed at our destination at check-in time would be a problem.
-- We are taking a one-night side trip while away, but the only Hyatt properties available at that destination are Cat 5 or 6. Can the value of the Cat 1-4 cert be applied to a Cat 5 booking (and pay the difference) or can the free night be converted to points and then we can apply other existing points to complete the booking?

Depending on the best option (if any) from the above, what's the best way to pursue? Contact the hotel(s) directly? Call the Hyatt reservations center? OR ,,, any other ideas what to do with this free night?

Thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by whitf00t
Hi everyone!

Assuming the same base room isn't available for cash, it likely was sold/redeemed for...may come back, may not. Less than two weeks out and it is December in NYC and all...

I personally would book a backup plan and just keep checking back to see if it may open.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:03 am

Is there any sort of pecking order to the globalist upgrades?

e.g. Am I more likely to get an upgrade to a suite if I book a view room vs a base level room?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:22 pm
FT

I'm 5 nights away from 50 night milestone award. I have family coming into town for Christmas. Will I receive 5 night credit if I book one room, paid, for 3 nights and another room using FNAs for 2 nights? I believe the answer is that Hyatt will count the 3 night stay toward milestone, but not the overlapping 2 nights. Just looking for confirmation. Thanks.
fabianmontescu likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by FT
I'm 5 nights away from 50 night milestone award. I have family coming into town for Christmas. Will I receive 5 night credit if I book one room, paid, for 3 nights and another room using FNAs for 2 nights? I believe the answer is that Hyatt will count the 3 night stay toward milestone, but not the overlapping 2 nights. Just looking for confirmation. Thanks.
If the nights overlap then no.
FT likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:57 am

Two questions:

1) I’m 9 nights away from globalist lite (currently an explorist). Should I push for globalist lite by the end of the year? We don’t have big travel plans till 2023.

2) I need 1 more stay at a Hyatt brand for a free night. I also have the WOH card. Do the free nights include any category hotel or up to a certain level?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Atreyu21
Two questions:

1) I’m 9 nights away from globalist lite (currently an explorist). Should I push for globalist lite by the end of the year? We don’t have big travel plans till 2023.

2) I need 1 more stay at a Hyatt brand for a free night. I also have the WOH card. Do the free nights include any category hotel or up to a certain level?
1) YES -

It sounds like you stayed (or will stay) 25 nights in 2021.

If you’re staying even half of that (12 nights) in 2022 it’d be very much worth it to have those Globalist benefits.

It’s also significantly easier to retain Globalist once earned. If you can’t retain it you can enjoy it while you have it which would at least through the end of February 2023.

There’s no guarantee they’ll cut the requirements in half again in 2022 meaning it may jump to 45 or back to 60 nights to earn so it’s kind of a golden opportunity.

On top of that you also earn a Category 1-4 Certificate for hitting 30 nights so that’s a good incentive as well, then using that (and the one from your WOH card) gets boosted perks as a Globalist.

2) Both the Brand Explorer and Chase WOH CC Free nights are at basically any Category 1-4 property (even if it’s designated as “Peak” dates in 2022).
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by CherryKoolAid
I, a lowly Discoverist, have a Cat 1-4 credit card free night expiring Dec. 31, 2021, and I am trying to find a way to use it. We are traveling later this month, but staying with relatives for most of the trip. I have thought of two possibilities:

-- We are flying out of Chicago, so use the free night at Category 2 Hyatt Regency O'Hare for their Park, Sleep and Fly rate (free covered parking for duration of the trip and shuttle to/from airport). Would gladly pay the difference between this rate and the standard or member rate (currently $10-$16). And since we have a noon flight and live only a few miles from the airport, we wouldn't actually be using the room. Not sure if being in the air or already landed at our destination at check-in time would be a problem.
-- We are taking a one-night side trip while away, but the only Hyatt properties available at that destination are Cat 5 or 6. Can the value of the Cat 1-4 cert be applied to a Cat 5 booking (and pay the difference) or can the free night be converted to points and then we can apply other existing points to complete the booking?
Depending on the best option (if any) from the above, what's the best way to pursue? Contact the hotel(s) directly? Call the Hyatt reservations center? OR ,,, any other ideas what to do with this free night?
Thank you!
I would use the free night voucher at Hyatt, not HR. Hyatt has a free shuttle to ORD, not many brand hotels around the world and you get addition to brand badge which is useful for a future. Chicago has Thompson, JdV and Centric brands were the voucher can be used.
Cat.1-4 is valid only on hotels in the same category. No chance to get a higher category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.