Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Since you refer to a "cert", I assume you are using a Club Lounge Access Award from the 20- and 30-night Milestones. In that case, what you get is lounge access only and there is no room upgrade benefit. Your reservation correctly shows the room you originally booked.
Since most hotels with lounges have a separate category for rooms with club access, I was expecting it to change from a "king" to a "king club," but I guess that would make too much sense. Thank you
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is Hyatt running behind in posting stays? Typically stays (non-MGM, non-SLH) have always posted the following day at 12pm ish but my last 2 stays it’s been 48-72 hours and still nothing on both.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Going on vacation from the US to SEA, currently at 49 nights and will be about 70 nights after vacation + hyatt spend at the end of November, currently Globalist.

Currently no TSU available since I'm 1 night away, the 1st hotel I stay at on Nov 12th shows on booking for a Standard Suite when I paid for a King Bed w/view.

I'm not really interested in doing a ghost stay or anything beforehand for the 50th night, but is there anything I can do to grab that suite or should I just risk it? Wouldn't be worth burning points.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by SawBo
Going on vacation from the US to SEA, currently at 49 nights and will be about 70 nights after vacation + hyatt spend at the end of November, currently Globalist.

Currently no TSU available since I'm 1 night away, the 1st hotel I stay at on Nov 12th shows on booking for a Standard Suite when I paid for a King Bed w/view.

I'm not really interested in doing a ghost stay or anything beforehand for the 50th night, but is there anything I can do to grab that suite or should I just risk it? Wouldn't be worth burning points.
Find a cheap Cat 1 Off Peak 3.5k points
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by SawBo
If you mean SouthEast Asia then you will be fine. The chance that you will get the standard suite is 99,9% , if it shows availability on website.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:20 am

Hey can y'all refresh me on how the EQN through the personal credit card works? Just wanna make sure I have this exactly right as I will probably hit a 10-night milestone precisely from my end of year credit card spend.

So if the spending on my card passes the $5k threshold for an additional 2 EQN at some point in December, I should receive those 2 EQN to count for 2022? Even though my credit card payment is on the 1st of every month and I usually receive my EQNs between the 4th and the 7th of the following month? So I'll be short on Dec 31st but by Jan 7th my 2022 EQN should update to hit the milestone? Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
So if the spending on my card passes the $5k threshold for an additional 2 EQN at some point in December, I should receive those 2 EQN to count for 2022?
Yes.

Even though my credit card payment is on the 1st of every month and I usually receive my EQNs between the 4th and the 7th of the following month?
Even though.
So I'll be short on Dec 31st but by Jan 7th my 2022 EQN should update to hit the milestone? Thanks.
Yes.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Is Hyatt running behind in posting stays? Typically stays (non-MGM, non-SLH) have always posted the following day at 12pm ish but my last 2 stays it’s been 48-72 hours and still nothing on both.
Can’t specifically answer your question but I agree with your “have always posted” timeframe and I’m currently (10:30pm EST) at 96 + 10 hours from a Hyatt Regency checkout with no automatic posting of points or stay. Called (next available) MHC few minutes ago, she said she was not aware of any delays or problems, took her 3 minutes to post points and stay, I could see it immediately upon login.

Posted exactly as with an automatic post, with the usual links (Hotel Bill, Rebook, Visit Hotel Website) and (in this situation) Bonus Journeys 2x points. She noticed it put me at a milestone reward, asked if I wanted TSU or 10,000, I said I wanted to wait 90 54 days to select TSU so it would be valid for a year longer, she said I would still receive the usual email.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:09 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Can’t specifically answer your question but I agree with your “have always posted” timeframe and I’m currently (10:30pm EST) at 96 + 10 hours from a Hyatt Regency checkout with no automatic posting of points or stay. Called (next available) MHC few minutes ago, she said she was not aware of any delays or problems, took her 3 minutes to post points and stay, I could see it immediately upon login.

Posted exactly as with an automatic post, with the usual links (Hotel Bill, Rebook, Visit Hotel Website) and (in this situation) Bonus Journeys 2x points. She noticed it put me at a milestone reward, asked if I wanted TSU or 10,000, I said I wanted to wait 90 54 days to select TSU so it would be valid for a year longer, she said I would still receive the usual email.
I had to have MHC correct my posting back in September or so. done within minutes. about 4 weeks later the auto-credit kicked in, delayed,so I received the credit twice. let us know if this happens to you as well...
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm planning a possible trip to Hawaii in Summer/Fall 2023. It looks like some of hotels in Waikiki (Hyatt Centric and Hyatt Place in particular) don't have any rooms that can be booked with Hyatt points, they only have cash rates.

1) Is this a well-known phenomenon that happens in Hawaii, or am I missing something?
2) Is there a calendar view to see dates for which points can be used? The "Award Calendar" for an individual hotel doesn't seem to show this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Allixi
Hi all,

I'm planning a possible trip to Hawaii in Summer/Fall 2023. It looks like some of hotels in Waikiki (Hyatt Centric and Hyatt Place in particular) don't have any rooms that can be booked with Hyatt points, they only have cash rates.

1) Is this a well-known phenomenon that happens in Hawaii, or am I missing something?
2) Is there a calendar view to see dates for which points can be used? The "Award Calendar" for an individual hotel doesn't seem to show this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
For Oahu (Waikiki) it’s very common. The Regency has steady availability though the price point is higher.

For Maui you’ll find tons of availability with the Destination Hotels properties which you can use Hyatt points at.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:40 am

Hi All,

I am joining a group at a hyatt Regency in Washington DC in March, and we are getting a group discount on the hotel rate. For the room I book is there any way to get some of the globalist benefits? I believe as it is a group rate it is not an "eligible rate" even though I booked through Hyatt website. Anybody know if I can still apply a club upgrade award?

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jason Larsen
we are getting a group discount on the hotel rate. For the room I book is there any way to get some of the globalist benefits? I believe as it is a group rate it is not an "eligible rate" even though I booked through Hyatt website.
To clarify, did you use a discount code that you entered into the search when booking your own room, as in the last option in the dropdown in the screenshot?

If so, I believe that would qualify as an eligible rate for benefits and otherwise. That's different from a group booking made my an agency or a travel coordinator, etc., although even there, in some cases WOH members would get (some of) their benefits if they provide their WOH number at check-in.
Jason Larsen likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:58 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jason Larsen
Hi All,

I am joining a group at a hyatt Regency in Washington DC in March, and we are getting a group discount on the hotel rate. For the room I book is there any way to get some of the globalist benefits? I believe as it is a group rate it is not an "eligible rate" even though I booked through Hyatt website. Anybody know if I can still apply a club upgrade award?

Thanks
What does your email reservation confirmation say? You should see a line with the heading "Rate Information:"and it will tell you if the rate is eligible or not. When I book using my corporate rate the confirmation usually says something like "Special negotiated rate. Not applicable to convention groups. Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit." If your confirmation says this or something similar, you should get all your benefits.
Jason Larsen and EJRofChicago like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:33 pm

For the promotion to hit globalist for AA elites, do the 20 nights all have to fall in the same calendar year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.