Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good afternoon. The World of Hyatt member must be present in the room to receive points or night credit. Have her call the World of Hyatt line at 888-994-9288 or by reaching out to @Hyattconcierge through Facebook, Instagram or X for assistance in changing the reservation to your name. I wish her well with the upcoming procedure. Gale @Hyattconcierge.
Gale, thanks for the prompt answer. We will likely not know until the day of the reservation whether she feels up to the trip (this is day after the procedure, in the afternoon). How do we best handle this in the meantime (it's in October)? It is using points so, at the least, I'd want her to extend GOH for my stay in case she can't make it. Should we set things up now or wait until we know the status which, as I said, likely won't be until day of check-in?

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Sep 20, 2023 at 1:05 pm
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Points booking oddity

I am using points to book a stay at the GH Kauai. I am staying for 4 nights and was able to find availability for the first night and the subsequent 3 nights separately but not a 4 night booking. I booked the 1 night and 3 night stay (same account, same room type, same names). I am hoping that they will be able to keep us in the same room - is it worth reaching out to the hotel to see if the reservations can be combined?
Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I am using points to book a stay at the GH Kauai. I am staying for 4 nights and was able to find availability for the first night and the subsequent 3 nights separately but not a 4 night booking. I booked the 1 night and 3 night stay (same account, same room type, same names). I am hoping that they will be able to keep us in the same room - is it worth reaching out to the hotel to see if the reservations can be combined?
Thanks!
I have done this several times in the past, usually to combine reservations using multiple FNAs. I have called customer service, rather than the hotel, to do this. Even if not formally combined, tjhe hotel should be able to "link" then on their end so that you can keep the room and not check out.

Cheers.
sadiqhassan likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
A Chase free night expiring Oct. 31 must be used for a checkout by Oct. 31, not a check-in on Oct. 31, correct? Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:02 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
A Chase free night expiring Oct. 31 must be used for a checkout by Oct. 31, not a check-in on Oct. 31, correct? Thanks.
Correct
js1993 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
When I check in on 12/27/23 and check out on 01/02/24 will those 6 nights be counted for 2024?
Or is there an automatic split 2023/2024?
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fred8ab
When I check in on 12/27/23 and check out on 01/02/24 will those 6 nights be counted for 2024?
Yes.
fred8ab likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I filed out a missing credit request a week ago, since the points for a paid night back from two weeks ago have not been posted.

How long does it take Hyatt to award the missing points? I have not received any email about this request. When I attempt to file another request, this message pops up, so clearly it has received my request.

"You have already submitted an uncredited stay request for these dates at this hotel."
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Points Advance , past Globalist

I am Globalist , but will lose status in 2024. I can book a Points Advance reservation for next fall now, but will it go away in March when I lose Globalist Status?

I know you need to be Globalist to Book A points advance reservation,
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
I tried to apply a SUA to an eligible property that I’m staying with points but was told that there’s none available even though it shows standard suites available for paid and award during my days there. I called the globalist line and they told me that there’s no “SUA” standard suites available, which leads me to believe that the property has allotted a certain amount of standard suites for SUA guests. With this information, what’s the best source of information to determine if a property has standard suites eligible for SUA? My stay is a few months out, so would that mean I keep calling the globalist line to see if it opened up?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by famd
I tried to apply a SUA to an eligible property that I’m staying with points but was told that there’s none available even though it shows standard suites available for paid and award during my days there. I called the globalist line and they told me that there’s no “SUA” standard suites available, which leads me to believe that the property has allotted a certain amount of standard suites for SUA guests. With this information, what’s the best source of information to determine if a property has standard suites eligible for SUA? My stay is a few months out, so would that mean I keep calling the globalist line to see if it opened up?
Something similar happened to me at the HR Aruba as well as Baha Mar. I contacted my concierge who was able to call and add the SUA when a suite became available on their own or elevate to Hyatt Consumer Affairs on your behalf if the property won't comply. If there's a standard suite available for paid, I believe they need to honor this. I would keep calling Hyatt and reach out on twitter as well.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:57 pm

If booking through 3rd party

I am Hyatt member.
If booking Hyatt hotel room through the 3rd party (e.g. booking.com), would I earn any Hyatt points?
Would I earn the same number of points whether I book through the Hyatt directly or through the 3rd party?
Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by HSBC
I am Hyatt member.
If booking Hyatt hotel room through the 3rd party (e.g. booking.com), would I earn any Hyatt points?
Would I earn the same number of points whether I book through the Hyatt directly or through the 3rd party?
Thanks!
You get nothing if you don't book direct, with a few exceptions

HSBC likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:40 pm

Exclude Breakfast

When I accessed the 3rd party website, there's choice to pick the room only or room with breakfast.
When I accessed the Hyatt hotel website, it only show room with breakfast. There's no choice to pick the room only. Of course, the price is higher due to the daily breakfast.
I'll stay in the hotel for 3 weeks, I don't want to eat the same breakfast every day.
Is it possible to contact the hotel directly to request to book the room only at a lower price?
Any better suggestion?
Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:52 pm

noob time:

a) if you're globalist but you booked your trip through OTA, do the benefits still apply?

b) can you give someone guest of honor on a points + cash stay or only free nights?

c) is hyatt's best rate guarantee policy efficient?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.