Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
Not based on the service level I encountered.
I completely agree. This is my favorite hotel in Tokyo because it's stylish, however, it does not have the service I would expect from an international PH.
However, I do think it is arguably the best Andaz out there.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I completely agree. This is my favorite hotel in Tokyo because it's stylish, however, it does not have the service I would expect from an international PH.
However, I do think it is arguably the best Andaz out there.
+1

Phenomenal hard product, but didn't come away feeling that the service was particularly noteworthy. I would still happily go again.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by stargold
+1

Phenomenal hard product, but didn't come away feeling that the service was particularly noteworthy. I would still happily go again.
The general level of staff competence is very low; I asked one of the staff checking in guests for the pool what time the free wine was served in the lobby lounge and she replied "24 hr a day".

But they can also be very accommodating.

On the other hand, service can also be spotty at PHs. Incredibly bad service at Twilight Time last stay at PH Tokyo.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a somewhat bad experience with asking the "concierge" to arrange for my next hotel's car service (in Asia) to pick me up at the airport. The "concierge" said that she didn't know how to do this, even though I supplied contact details for the hotel as well as my flight information etc. It seemed shocking for a top hotel in Asia.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had a somewhat bad experience with asking the "concierge" to arrange for my next hotel's car service (in Asia) to pick me up at the airport. The "concierge" said that she didn't know how to do this, even though I supplied contact details for the hotel as well as my flight information etc. It seemed shocking for a top hotel in Asia.
My impression of most of the staff I interacted with was that they were probably working at Seven-Eleven until the day before.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
So I stayed in PHT two years back of four nights and had an awesome stay. The staff were excellent, especially the funny sarcastic british/australian guy. Hope he's still there.
The rooms were huge, think we were in a Deluxe room. But they felt 90ish. Overall happy. Nice and big breakfast and the bar was awesome.
Now in 2018 I'm turning 30 and want to celebrate it with my partner in an luxurious/expensive hotel. So Andaz might be a good choice in Tokyo? What i've read it feels fresh and modern. That kind of hotel I'm looking for.
Status only as a Member so no upgrades for me but I still like the brand.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:30 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
RE: Post 1039 by FlyinHawaiian
The building I referred to there (i.e. slated to be the tallest from 2023) is one in the Toranomon-Azabudai area. Toranomon Hills is in Toranomon. The building, actually buildings, going up on either side of Toranomon Hills Mori Tower (where the Andaz is) will form further parts of Toranomon Hills as a whole. Neither will be taller than Mori Tower though.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by mjm
The building I referred to there (i.e. slated to be the tallest from 2023) is one in the Toranomon-Azabudai area. Toranomon Hills is in Toranomon. The building, actually buildings, going up on either side of Toranomon Hills Mori Tower (where the Andaz is) will form further parts of Toranomon Hills as a whole. Neither will be taller than Mori Tower though.
Thanks for clarifying, glad to know that the views from the Andaz will remain unobstructed, for the time being.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Central90210
Thanks for clarifying, glad to know that the views from the Andaz will remain unobstructed, for the time being.
I would imagine the new buildings will not be tall enough to obstruct views from Andaz, as that would be a big mistake.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:23 am
mjm
Original Member

For the specifics here is the press release with images.
https://www.mori.co.jp/en/company/pr...000003358.html
Old May 15, 2017, 11:43 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, arriving late at Narita (11pm ish), what's the best option to get to the hotel. I understand that neither NEX nor limousine bus don't operate at that time? Is taxi the only option? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, arriving late at Narita (11pm ish), what's the best option to get to the hotel. I understand that neither NEX nor limousine bus don't operate at that time? Is taxi the only option? Any advice would be much appreciated.
There's an Express Bus that leaves from Terminal 1 at 11:25pm. That arrives at Tokyo Station around 12:40pm, from which you can still take a short train ride to Shinbashi, from which you have about a 15 minute walk to the hotel. Of course, you could also catch a taxi at either Tokyo or Shinbashi.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:34 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There's an Express Bus that leaves from Terminal 1 at 11:25pm. That arrives at Tokyo Station around 12:40pm, from which you can still take a short train ride to Shinbashi, from which you have about a 15 minute walk to the hotel. Of course, you could also catch a taxi at either Tokyo or Shinbashi.
Thanks, appreciate your help! Will try my best to make it
Old May 17, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
One tip for the Narita to Tokyo Station route is to get on the Keisei Expressway Bus (turquoise colored) instead of the Friendly Limousine Bus (orange). The Keisei Bus will only cost 1000 yen (or 900 with advanced reservation) whereas the Friendly Limousine is 3100 yen.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Central90210
One tip for the Narita to Tokyo Station route is to get on the Keisei Expressway Bus (turquoise colored) instead of the Friendly Limousine Bus (orange). The Keisei Bus will only cost 1000 yen (or 900 with advanced reservation) whereas the Friendly Limousine is 3100 yen.
Do you get door to door service or does it just deposit passengers at some central location and expect people with luggage to take a taxi the rest of the way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.