Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you get door to door service or does it just deposit passengers at some central location and expect people with luggage to take a taxi the rest of the way?
No, you can hail a cab upon getting off the Keisei bus. Costs about ¥1200 and less than 10 minutes IIRC, which is actually still cheaper than the door to door limousine bus. ¥1000 + ¥1200 < ¥3100. Further savings when traveling with more people.

Anyway, I was referring to hailstorm's suggestions for HAT, where there are no more door to door options from Narita at 2300, although Keisei bus to Tokyo Station + short cab ride is now my preferred way of getting to the hotel from Narita, with or without bulky luggage, at anytime of the hour.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Central90210
No, you can hail a cab upon getting off the Keisei bus. Costs about ¥1200 and less than 10 minutes IIRC, which is actually still cheaper than the door to door limousine bus. ¥1000 + ¥1200 < ¥3100. Further savings when traveling with more people.

Anyway, I was referring to hailstorm's suggestions for HAT, where there are no more door to door options from Narita at 2300, although Keisei bus to Tokyo Station + short cab ride is now my preferred way of getting to the hotel from Narita, with or without bulky luggage, at anytime of the hour.
Is that also your preferred option for getting to Narita from the hotel?
Old May 20, 2017, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Central90210

Sorry, but for me after a TPAC flight and with luggage, it's worth a thousand yen for the door to door service.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
Is that also your preferred option for getting to Narita from the hotel?
I've never tried going to NRT from the hotel (I always fly into NRT and out of HND), but I would imagine so.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
So I stayed in PHT two years back of four nights and had an awesome stay. The staff were excellent, especially the funny sarcastic british/australian guy. Hope he's still there.
The rooms were huge, think we were in a Deluxe room. But they felt 90ish. Overall happy. Nice and big breakfast and the bar was awesome.
Now in 2018 I'm turning 30 and want to celebrate it with my partner in an luxurious/expensive hotel. So Andaz might be a good choice in Tokyo? What i've read it feels fresh and modern. That kind of hotel I'm looking for.
Status only as a Member so no upgrades for me but I still like the brand.
PHT is refined zen luxury. Andaz Tokyo is luxury with a slight quirk. I like both, depending on my mood for a particular trip to Tokyo.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:36 pm

Just back from a 3 night stay, first time trip to Japan. The Andaz is gorgeous and the food there is terrific. However, I would not recommend it for a first trip to Tokyo. As others have said, it's location is a little remote for "walk out the front door and find stuff to eat/do". There aren't many restaurants or shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. The subway is about a 10 minute walk away which was not bad, and line transfers were easy if you paid attention to the stops.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by nycguy1963
However, I would not recommend it for a first trip to Tokyo. As others have said, it's location is a little remote for "walk out the front door and find stuff to eat/do".
It's obviously a point of personal preference, but I vehemently disagree with this opinion.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nycguy1963
Just back from a 3 night stay, first time trip to Japan. The Andaz is gorgeous and the food there is terrific. However, I would not recommend it for a first trip to Tokyo. As others have said, it's location is a little remote for "walk out the front door and find stuff to eat/do". There aren't many restaurants or shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. The subway is about a 10 minute walk away which was not bad, and line transfers were easy if you paid attention to the stops.
I think Andaz is a wonderful first timer hotel but the only Hyatt hotel that checks the subway and stuff to do box might be GHT.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think Andaz is a wonderful first timer hotel but the only Hyatt hotel that checks the subway and stuff to do box might be GHT.
You can get to subway from HRT without ever stepping outside.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You can get to subway from HRT without ever stepping outside.
You can? I only spent a night there but I always had to walk about 45 seconds outside the building before entering the subway. Its right there but if you can do it all indoors there must be another entrance that I was not aware of.

In terms of staying at the Andaz as a first timer. Yes its isolated and its like a 15 minute walk to the subway, but I stayed here as a first timer and it was a great property. I strongly preferred it to the HRT which I did not really enjoy (or at least I did not enjoy in comparison to the Andaz it wasn't terrible). In a few weeks I will have a park hyatt stay and then be able to judge all three, but I really enjoyed the Andaz and as long as you don't expect to be in the middle of the action right when you walk at the door you should be more than satisfied.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
There are of course a pretty good selection of places to eat right in the same building as the Andzaz.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
There are of course a pretty good selection of places to eat right in the same building as the Andzaz.
Almost every cuisine imaginable, across a range a price points. Also it's 7 minutes to the Ginza Line. Not 15.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
You can? I only spent a night there but I always had to walk about 45 seconds outside the building before entering the subway. Its right there but if you can do it all indoors there must be another entrance that I was not aware of.
It's easier to find for the first time from the subway. Get off at Tochomae station and find exit D7.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Almost every cuisine imaginable, across a range a price points. Also it's 7 minutes to the Ginza Line. Not 15.
You are right. I was thinking about Shimbashi station because the comment was talking about finding food as well. Also, outside of restaurants in the hyatt itself has the number of places inside Toranomon Hills increased a lot? When I was there it felt kinda empty at least in the evenings so maybe a lot more places opened up over the last year.

Last edited by Red259; Jun 3, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Red259
You are right. I was thinking about Shimbashi station because the comment was talking about finding food as well. Also, outside of restaurants in the hyatt itself has the number of places inside Toranomon Hills increased a lot? When I was there it felt kinda empty at least in the evenings so maybe a lot more places opened up over the last year.
There are about 14-15 F&B outlets in Toramon Hills, not counting Andaz Tavern and Bebu, plus a couple in the adjacent Garden House. A pretty good selection. These are mostly places that office workers would go after work or at lunch and that outside visitors would mostly use for lunch on weekends. They would likely be much quieter on weekend/holiday evenings, when most of them close a little earlier.

While Andaz location is not necessarily bad for public transport, it is true that at times of very bad weather, as can be common in late June and typhoon season, it is the most difficult of the 4 Hyatt properties. On the other hand, Andaz is not a bad place to spend time on a stormy day.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jun 3, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.