Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I don't understand why they don't upgrade Globalists into Suites.
Hate to break it to you, but they do. I've been upgraded to suites, even while on points stays. Not always, and most times to the large corner rooms (which are great, I like them even more than the suites), but it happens regularly to me.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
Hate to break it to you, but they do. I've been upgraded to suites, even while on points stays. Not always, and most times to the large corner rooms (which are great, I like them even more than the suites), but it happens regularly to me.
Large corner rooms are nice, but don't see how you can like them more than the suite. You get your own telescope to look down on the Disney fireworks!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Weltall
Additionally, I frequently stay at the Grand Hyatt when I'm in Tokyo and finally decided to give the Andaz a try for this upcoming trip. Can anyone who's stayed at both give their experience as to the pros/cons? I'm already aware that the Grand Hyatt is in a much better location, but in terms of the quality of the staff/hotel/food etc, I expect it to be worth staying in a less convenient location.
Any one with a comparison excluding location?
I’m an explorist and award availability is there for a single night. Looking for a birthday mini getaway. Evening bubbly and breakfast are important! Does Andaz provide both for explorist s?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

Any one with a comparison excluding location?
I’m an explorist and award availability is there for a single night. Looking for a birthday mini getaway. Evening bubbly and breakfast are important! Does Andaz provide both for explorist s?
Maybe some sort of alcoholic beverage and/or their signature birthday chocolate pops but no free breakfast.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
Maybe some sort of alcoholic beverage and/or their signature birthday chocolate pops but no free breakfast.
They usually put some coffee and a pastry out in the lobby that anybody can eat.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They usually put some coffee and a pastry out in the lobby that anybody can eat.
Sounds exactly like the type of breakfast one would want on their birthday.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invalyd

Sounds exactly like the type of breakfast one would want on their birthday.
But doesn't sound exactly like no free breakfast.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
But doesn't sound exactly like no free breakfast.
Sure, in fact why even bother leaving the room when you can enjoy a Nesprsso and some rice snacks upstairs as free breakfast

Last edited by invalyd; Dec 31, 2017 at 1:36 am
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invalyd

Sure, in fact why even bother leaving the room when you can enjoy a Nesprsso and some rice snacks upstairs as free breakfast
Because I am assuming that the rice snacks would already have been consumed for dinner.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Because I am assuming that the rice snacks would already have been consumed for dinner.
Not if you exercise restraint and leave the red bean and jelly snack for the morning. Wash it down with some Pon Juice and you're good to go.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:26 am

Has anyone tried out the new Handy phone offered by the hotel? I’ve never used one in Japan - is it fast enough (ie 4G LTE) to use it as a WiFi router?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Central90210
Has anyone tried out the new Handy phone offered by the hotel? I’ve never used one in Japan - is it fast enough (ie 4G LTE) to use it as a WiFi router?
Didn't use it last time I was there. I've used it in Singapore (same company) and the thing was so loaded with crapware and bloatware and the OS so unstable that it was next to useless.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's free then it could be a decent wifi hotspot machine. I used GH HK's before on 3G and it was okay.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:31 pm

Let me give it a try and report back. I was wondering if I could skip getting a SIM and use this exclusively.
Aventine likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me give it a try and report back. I was wondering if I could skip getting a SIM and use this exclusively.
Hopefully there's no LTE cap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.