Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I would have thought you would be one of the first to give it a try
I am an Explorist.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Any Globalists get upgraded to a suite yet?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that this Andaz is excluded for Glob suite upgrades, just like you can't use DSUs here.

I also found out, from personal experience, the hotel cannot modify reward bookings (points and C&P) ever since WOH went online. All requests sent by email to the hotel are redirected to Japan Reservations office.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Central90210
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that this Andaz is excluded for Glob suite upgrades, just like you can't use DSUs here.
You are correct (except that they are now either GSU or just plain SU, depending on who you talk to)

I was wondering if any Globalist received a suite upgrade regardless. Because otherwise, there's no distinction between an Explorist and a Globalist as to the best eligible upgrade.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:04 am

You are correct (except that they are now either GSU or just plain SU, depending on who you talk to)

I was wondering if any Globalist received a suite upgrade regardless. Because otherwise, there's no distinction between an Explorist and a Globalist as to the best eligible upgrade.
If both a Exp and Glob book a standard room, I guess it would make the most sense to upgrade, based on availability, the Exp to a view room (i.e. Tower/ Bay) and the Glob to a Large room. I highly doubt an Exp will receive a Large room and a Glob will receive a suite.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Central90210
If both a Exp and Glob book a standard room, I guess it would make the most sense to upgrade, based on availability, the Exp to a view room (i.e. Tower/ Bay) and the Glob to a Large room. I highly doubt an Exp will receive a Large room and a Glob will receive a suite.
While the glimpse into your thought process is appreciated, I am more interested in actual data points.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:50 am

While the glimpse into your thought process is appreciated, I am more interested in actual data points.
^

While a lot of the changes that have come with WoH are negatives, I hope that this property will continue to be flexible as it always had been.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:05 pm

I currently have the twin room booked at the Andaz for 2 night March 28th - March 30th and will be canceling soon since I decided to stay at the Conrad Tokyo instead.

If you want to book it for the mentioned dates, let me know so we can arrange a time that i cancel the room and hopefully is available for you to scoop it up right away (if luck is on your side).

Just trying to help someone who is in need of the room.

I will cancel by next Tuesday if I don't hear from anyone.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
I currently have the twin room booked at the Andaz for 2 night March 28th - March 30th and will be canceling soon since I decided to stay at the Conrad Tokyo instead.

If you want to book it for the mentioned dates, let me know so we can arrange a time that i cancel the room and hopefully is available for you to scoop it up right away (if luck is on your side).

Just trying to help someone who is in need of the room.

I will cancel by next Tuesday if I don't hear from anyone.
I'm not sure a cancelled award will immediately go back into inventory like that. In the past Hyatt CS was very flexible and would help effectuate transfers of reservations from one person to another. But, it's anyone's guess whether the WoH would be that helpful...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I'm not sure a cancelled award will immediately go back into inventory like that. In the past Hyatt CS was very flexible and would help effectuate transfers of reservations from one person to another. But, it's anyone's guess whether the WoH would be that helpful...
Correct.

They dont go back into inventory like that - just like cancelation of lower price rooms doesnt go back into inventory either. There are a large number of threads discussing that.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:49 pm

I have a trip to Tokyo and due to some unexpected event have had to extend my stay by a night. Quite chuffed that in spite of cherry blossom season I was able to snag a points redemption for Andaz Toranomon which I have never stayed at before.

As a newly downgraded Explorist from Diamond, I know this property does not have a lounge. But can I use one of my 4 free club lounge passes to get free breakfast?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I have a trip to Tokyo and due to some unexpected event have had to extend my stay by a night. Quite chuffed that in spite of cherry blossom season I was able to snag a points redemption for Andaz Toranomon which I have never stayed at before.

As a newly downgraded Explorist from Diamond, I know this property does not have a lounge. But can I use one of my 4 free club lounge passes to get free breakfast?
No..lounge passes are only for HR or GH with a lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

The T&C are quite ciear on the matter…

Originally Posted by thucanhho
No..lounge passes are only for HR or GH with a lounge.
There are PH with a lounge (e.g. Park Hyatt Hamburg) that they would also be good at.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
A search turned up an izakaya called Kon at 3 Chome-4-4 Shinbashi, about 7 min walk, open till 1 am.

Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:38 pm

Could someone tell me the best way to request restaurant reservations? Should I email [email protected]? Should I email a different address? Should I go through e-concierge?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by freckles123
Could someone tell me the best way to request restaurant reservations? Should I email [email protected]? Should I email a different address? Should I go through e-concierge?
[email protected] is who I used and they were able to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.