Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by festriaqua
Stayed here last October on a free night certificate, planning to spend 4 more nights early March on points. Last time during check in I asked for a Tokyo Tower view room but was told there would be a 5500/night up charge. I then argued that being platinum I should be given that room as an upgrade since 1). the room is available, 2). since its the next tier above what I reserved and it should be part the plat benefit. He went back and gave me the tower view room at no charge.

I know I probably got lucky last time and the chance of this happening again is low. Especially on 4 nights. As a lowly platinum Discoverist, what can I expect (reasonably) on my upcoming stay? Would it be too much to ask for the tower view room again?
You were not entitled to anything, and the free upgrade was an example of this hotel's extremely flexible and accommodating service. Even paying ¥5,500/night to confirm the upgrade would have been more than fair.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
You were not entitled to anything, and the free upgrade was an example of this hotel's extremely flexible and accommodating service. Even paying ¥5,500/night to confirm the upgrade would have been more than fair.
Agreed, that was incredibly accommodating.

As a Discoverist you actually lose the 'room upgrade' benefit (this is now reserved for the next tier, Explorist (I still feel like a moron writing these dumb names)) so you can expect even less.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by caliform
As a Discoverist you actually lose the 'room upgrade' benefit (this is now reserved for the next tier, Explorist (I still feel like a moron writing these dumb names)) so you can expect even less.
I could not agree more. With any luck this stupid WOH program, Globs, Explorists, and all of this nonsense will be very short lived after an inevitable merger.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by caliform
As a Discoverist you actually lose the 'room upgrade' benefit (this is now reserved for the next tier, Explorist.
No, the benefit for Disc is the same as it was for Plat, a "preferred room within the same category".

The "room upgrade, excluding suites and rooms with lounge access" for Explo will be a completely new benefit different from what was previously defined for either Plat or Dia.

I too agree that Andaz Tokyo is incredibly accommodating, although I still find many of the staff to bit more than a little clueless at times.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:58 pm

Price Buffet Breakfast

Hi,
Does anyone know the current price of the buffet breakfast?
Thanks in advance.
Gavin
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Hi,
Does anyone know the current price of the buffet breakfast?
Thanks in advance.
Gavin
I think 3700JPY++
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
I think 3700JPY++
Great!
Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:29 am

Sorry to hijack this thread, not sure where to ask.

I'm about to book 10 nights with Hyatt (Andaz + hyatt Kyoto + PH Tokyo) for a trip in June, and was wondering if you'd all recommend a way of proceeding. With this many bookings, should I go through a manager or just call the plat line?

Booking mainly on points and P+C.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Benjh

I'm about to book 10 nights with Hyatt (Andaz + hyatt Kyoto + PH Tokyo) for a trip in June, and was wondering if you'd all recommend a way of proceeding. With this many bookings, should I go through a manager or just call the plat line?

Thanks!
Do you mean that you'll need one room per night for ten nights, but want to switch hotels twice so that you try all three of them? Do they need to be in the order listed and do you have fixed plans for how many nights in each hotel?

I'd start by playing with the Hyatt website to try to find which nights are available for P + C at each hotel. This will probably limit your options. It will be easier to find rooms on points, or you might notice a rate that's sufficiently attractive to cause you to pay for those nights with money.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Thanks!
Unless you're running into problems, WoH.com or phone should work just fine. Not that Andaz Tokyo blocks out a lot of dates for P&C well in advance, most Sat nights, etc., regardless of how booked the hotel is. HR Kyoto has P&C rates (at a terrible exchange rate) available until the booking rate hits a certain level.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:53 am

Thanks to both of you! Yes I already have all my dates figured out (6/6 to 10 at Andaz, 6/10 to 6/13 at HR Kyoto, 6/14 at PHT) and it's all available on the website.
What I mean is, since I'm spending all my points and hard-earned cash at hyatt properties in Japan, maybe contacting one of the property manager would get me a nicer treatment, upgrades, or the like...

Back when I was a SPG junkie, there was the SPG Insider that would handle these kind of request, so that's the goal of my message.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:59 am

Thanks to both of you! Yes I already have all my dates figured out (6/6 to 10 at Andaz, 6/10 to 6/13 at HR Kyoto, 6/14 at PHT) and it's all available on the website.
What I mean is, since I'm spending all my points and hard-earned cash at hyatt properties in Japan, maybe contacting one of the property manager would get me a nicer treatment, upgrades, or the like...

Back when I was a SPG junkie, there was the SPG Insider that would handle these kind of request, so that's the goal of my message.
If you were doing Virtuoso it might help since you're all-points or P&C, I don't see anyway to get any time of preferential treatment. Just book and then casually email the individual properties with any specific requests.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If you were doing Virtuoso it might help since you're all-points or P&C, I don't see anyway to get any time of preferential treatment. Just book and then casually email the individual properties with any specific requests.
I'm not opposed to doing Virtuoso. I don't have a go-to agent though, any reco?
Any downside to doing this?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:19 am

I'm not opposed to doing Virtuoso. I don't have a go-to agent though, any reco?
Any downside to doing this?
Virtuoso rates are the same as the standard cash rate, you cannot use points or P&C, but you do get breakfast, maybe a room upgrade (not likely at HR Kyoto) and a F&B credit (just one for the stay). Works good for cash paying guests, but the differential from P&C can be substantial, even if having to purchase the pts. Depends on the going rate; June is mostly off-season for domestic Japanese travellers, but in recent years hordes of Asian and other visitors have pushed standard rates mostly significantly higher than P&C rates.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Virtuoso rates are the same as the standard cash rate, you cannot use points or P&C, but you do get breakfast, maybe a room upgrade (not likely at HR Kyoto) and a F&B credit (just one for the stay). Works good for cash paying guests, but the differential from P&C can be substantial, even if having to purchase the pts. Depends on the going rate; June is mostly off-season for domestic Japanese travellers, but in recent years hordes of Asian and other visitors have pushed standard rates mostly significantly higher than P&C rates.
Ha ok! I misread your previous message (I believe there's a word missing) and thought P+C was ok with Virtuoso.
Thanks for your help though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.