Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by thnarf
I recently stayed at the Andaz Tokyo and did a video detailed video review.

This is definitely my favorite hotel in Tokyo now -- and probably one of my favorite hotels anywhere. I really enjoyed the stay.
Thanks for the video review. It's my wife's favorite Hyatt in Tokyo. So we'll be back there.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by thnarf
I recently stayed at the Andaz Tokyo and did a video detailed video review. It's 16 minutes long, I show the neighborhood around the hotel, the common areas in the building, the lobby, breakfast, spa, pool, and the inside of one of the rooms.

This is definitely my favorite hotel in Tokyo now -- and probably one of my favorite hotels anywhere. I really enjoyed the stay.
Thank you so much for the vid! Taking the family next March and so excited to check out the hotel.

^^^^^^^
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ang2383
Just watched the video! You did a wonderful job! I loved your review. I stayed here a year ago and I agree, I loved the hotel. It's hard for me to decide between this and the PH. I think I prefer the PH location though. The breakfast was a little too Western/American for me, but no complaints. Looking forward to checking out your other videos!
Thanks ang2383! Andaz in Maui review coming up next! I agree the PH has a better location -- I think the Andaz rooms are way cooler though.

Originally Posted by Neric
Thanks for the video review. It's my wife's favorite Hyatt in Tokyo. So we'll be back there.
Thanks Neric!

Originally Posted by ponickka
Thank you so much for the vid! Taking the family next March and so excited to check out the hotel.
My pleasure ponickka! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Another stay at the Andaz and now I'm sure this is not the place for me.....

Nothing really wrong with the hotel and I do like the views and breakfast. But I don't favor the Andaz checkin (have a seat, take card, get signature, present key... please give me the key asap or do a room checkin after a long day of travel), the "lounge" and the clientele (again more obnoxiously loud people/americans at breakfast than anywhere else).

And the basic rooms make me cringe with how badly the layout is and what it could have been. That couch and side screens blocking the view really makes me sad....

On checkin taking my bag from the taxi and walking me to the elevator, and then handing me my bag for me to carry. Or at checkout calling to reserve me a taxi to Tokyo station and then getting dowstairs and me having to walk to the first available taxi and giving the destination. Small things, but what's the point.....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Another stay at the Andaz and now I'm sure this is not the place for me.....

Nothing really wrong with the hotel and I do like the views and breakfast. But I don't favor the Andaz checkin (have a seat, take card, get signature, present key... please give me the key asap or do a room checkin after a long day of travel), the "lounge" and the clientele (again more obnoxiously loud people/americans at breakfast than anywhere else).

And the basic rooms make me cringe with how badly the layout is and what it could have been. That couch and side screens blocking the view really makes me sad....

On checkin taking my bag from the taxi and walking me to the elevator, and then handing me my bag for me to carry. Or at checkout calling to reserve me a taxi to Tokyo station and then getting dowstairs and me having to walk to the first available taxi and giving the destination. Small things, but what's the point.....
The best way to avoid Americans at breakfast would probably be to not stay at an American-owned brand.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nothing against any nationality, but these were a specific type... and it's not the first time either here.

And Hyatt doesn't own anything, it's just a management contract.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing against any nationality, but these were a specific type... and it's not the first time either here.

And Hyatt doesn't own anything, it's just a management contract.
Hyatt, a publicly traded American company (NYSE:H), owns the brand. Just as I said.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:56 am

Stayed early this autumn with friends. My go-to hotel in Tokyo, so I booked the additional rooms using GOH awards. My friends ended up preferring it over the Park Hyatt.

We were placed in three rooms on the same floor, but each on a different side of the building. Enjoyed varied views of SkyTree, Tokyo Tower, the harbor, and the palace. Really appreciated their foresight and consideration in planning this.

To avoid potentially louder atmosphere at breakfast, suggested to go to breakfast early. Usually only Japanese and the occasional early-rising business foreigner in the 6th or 7th hour of the day.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by princesakura
Usually only Japanese and the occasional early-rising business foreigner in the 6th or 7th hour of the day.
...or those jetlagged.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I am looking to redeem some Hyatt points for Andaz Tokyo in early April and the points option not available. Are there black outs like this or can this be fixed via a phone call?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The problem is that basic rooms are not offered, and that's why you don't see point redemptions.

You could contact the property directly, but I think the better option is to wait. Properties in Japan tend to block certain periods (like April) but will open up inventory a few months in advance.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by morkovka
I am looking to redeem some Hyatt points for Andaz Tokyo in early April and the points option not available. Are there black outs like this or can this be fixed via a phone call?
Likely due to Cherry Blossom Season. I book my stay a year ahead during this time, esp since I want C&P, which is already difficult to get here.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Looks like we have minimum night restrictions in place for April. I was able to price out awards for 3 days but one day nights are blacked out...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Looks like we have minimum night restrictions in place for April. I was able to price out awards for 3 days but one day nights are blacked out...
Just randomly checked a single night in mid-April and found award availability with no problem. Are you looking at Golden Week time?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:01 pm

Anyone know why "Andaz King" is available under Standard Rate but no rooms are available for points redemption?
Looking at 5/29-5/30.

Is this a case where I have to call Hyatt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.