Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
[email protected] is who I used and they were able to help.
Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I've stayed at the Andaz last week(end) (Easter holidays). As a Globalist I reserved a Kind Andaz room with breakfast.
We were at the hotel a bit early and were offered a King Andaz room at noon or a King Andaz room with Imperial Garden view at 3PM. We opted for the standard room.
Besides the relatively early check-in we did not receive any benefits whatsoever. No welcome gift, no extra water, no vouchers to the bar. I am not sure if I should have gotten something, though. We hardly drink so we did not miss anything.
At check-in we were told that the Globalist policy is to upgrade to room with view when available.

It's been my first stay at an Andaz and it was a bit disappointing.
The room itself was nice with an absolutely quiet A/C, minibar (free soft drinks) and good insulation from outside noise.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I've stayed at the Andaz last week(end) (Easter holidays). As a Globalist I reserved a Kind Andaz room with breakfast.
We were at the hotel a bit early and were offered a King Andaz room at noon or a King Andaz room with Imperial Garden view at 3PM. We opted for the standard room.
Besides the relatively early check-in we did not receive any benefits whatsoever. No welcome gift, no extra water, no vouchers to the bar. I am not sure if I should have gotten something, though. We hardly drink so we did not miss anything.
At check-in we were told that the Globalist policy is to upgrade to room with view when available.

It's been my first stay at an Andaz and it was a bit disappointing.
The room itself was nice with an absolutely quiet A/C, minibar (free soft drinks) and good insulation from outside noise.
Pretty much my experience as a Glob. Nice comp breakfast but no view upgrade of any kind. Somewhat disappointed in the hotel given all the hype here. Will try other hotels next visits to Tokyo.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:09 am

The Andaz location is OK. It's a 7-15min walk to the various metro stations. I do like the Shimbashi area for food in the evening and we went there several times. They HR is a similar walk away from the next metro station. Value for money there seems to be better although I had a rather unmemorable stay there as well. The PH is too expensive for me.
I've seen the various Intercontinentals. The Strings at Shinagawa has a great location but dated small rooms. The Tokyo Bay was disappointing and the regular IC TYO will most likely get my future business (again).
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Besides the relatively early check-in we did not receive any benefits whatsoever.
So that free restaurant breakfast wasn't a benefit?

But this is what you get at an Andaz, a better (here a view) room when available and not much else. There are some free afternoon drinks in the "lounge" here, nothing special though... and plenty of water and softdrinks in the room.

I don't particularly care for this property, but you won't get any more benefits at most Andaz or PH locations.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
But this is what you get at an Andaz, a better (here a view) room when available and not much else.
This property is exempt from suite upgrades, but neither Andaz in general nor this property specifically is otherwise exempt from "best available" room (acknowledging that "guaranty" is now full of weasel words). Unfortunate that this property apparently chooses to interpret that as meaning a one category view upgrade max.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unfortunate that this property apparently chooses to interpret that as meaning a one category view upgrade max.
And only when they are not "busy."
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:28 am

My rate included breakfast. I assume that breakfast would have been free as a benefit.

... and plenty of water and softdrinks in the room.
Two bottles of still water. One sparkling water, orange juice, tomato juice, Coke, Coke Zero to be specific.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And more bottles of water at turndown and in the bathroom.... I fail to see how many more bottles of water you would want. And calling would probably get you even more.

If you want a lounge for free drinks then (this) Andaz is not for you. Some of the properties without a lounge make an effort, like the PH Tokyo, but most don't....
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:22 pm

Tokyo water is some of the safest and cleanest in the world. Not sure why anyone "needs" all that bottled water except that it gives the hotel a chance to look like they are giving you something (albeit, unneeded).
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Tokyo Andaz remains extremely popular. The Large rooms are almost always booked, so getting one as an upgrade on a multi-night stay would be very unlikely unless it is a very off-season.

They almost always upgrade Gobs to the view rooms, but if one is not available for early check-in I'm not sure what anyone would expect them to do.

I'm absolutely positive that they would give any guest all the bottled water you could want. I've never been impressed with the competence of the staff, but they are certainly accommodating as much as possible to guest requests.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
The Large rooms here are really nice though.... The Tokyo Tower Large is one of the nicer that I've experienced in the Hyatt system.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by sam_goh
The Large rooms here are really nice though.... The Tokyo Tower Large is one of the nicer that I've experienced in the Hyatt system.
We actually preferred a regular Tower View King (one without the sofa in front of the window). The position of the TV in the Large room to be incredibly irritating, the table was too large for the sofa, making it uncomfortable to eat at, and we liked the layout of the bathroom and closet in the regular room much better than that in the Large room.

It was nice to have been upgraded to the Large room once so that now we know that the regular View room actually meets our preferences better.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We actually preferred a regular Tower View King (one without the sofa in front of the window). The position of the TV in the Large room to be incredibly irritating, the table was too large for the sofa, making it uncomfortable to eat at, and we liked the layout of the bathroom and closet in the regular room much better than that in the Large room.

It was nice to have been upgraded to the Large room once so that now we know that the regular View room actually meets our preferences better.
I just really like the wall of windows in the corner room and the large bench seating area... don't think we looked at the TV once.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

But this is what you get at an Andaz, a better (here a view) room when available and not much else. There are some free afternoon drinks in the "lounge" here, nothing special though... and plenty of water and softdrinks in the room.

I don't particularly care for this property, but you won't get any more benefits at most Andaz or PH locations.
The late afternoon drinks are for all hotel guests, not just elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.