Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
There are about 14-15 F&B outlets in Toramon Hills, not counting Andaz Tavern and Bebu, plus a couple in the adjacent Garden House. A pretty could selection. These are mostly places that office workers would go after work or at lunch and that outside visitors would mostly use for lunch on weekends. They would likely be much quieter on weekend/holiday evenings, when most of them close a little earlier.

While Andaz location is not necessarily bad for public transport, it is true that at times of very bad weather, as can be common in late June and typhoon season, it is the most difficult of the 4 Hyatt properties. On the other hand, Andaz is not a bad place to spend time on a stormy day.
That might explain it. My first couple of days there fell on a weekend and then I would have left in the morning and not returned until the later evening on the weekdays.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:32 pm

Did Andrea leave Andaz Tokyo?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Haven't been there since New Years, but she was definitely there then.

Her LinkedIn profile still has her at Andaz Tokyo.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Haven't been there since New Years, but she was definitely there then.

Her LinkedIn profile still has her at Andaz Tokyo.
She is indeed still there. Pardon my original post, please.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here recently as part of my honeymoon. We booked an Andaz King for 2 days on full points. As a Globalist, at checkin I was upgraded to an "Andaz Large Tower King" I believe. I don't remember which one of the large kings it was, but I assume this one since we could see the tower from our room. I was actually a bit surprised since checking the website for the prior couple of days showed that the hotel was sold out. They also left a nice little gift in our room and congratulated us on the honeymoon. The breakfast was decent enough. We actually ran into an American chef working the omelet station. He was friendly and it was a nice chat.

The room was a great size and the view from our room though was AMAZING! Definitely one of the best views we have ever had. This includes staying at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai just a couple of days before, which is the tallest hotel in the world. As my husband mentioned though, Dubai has a lot of tall buildings so it wasn't as spectacular. However, the Andaz was clearly loads and bounds above most buildings. You can see for miles and miles. It was also better than our view from the Park Hyatt Tokyo where we could see Mt. Fuji. We were, however, truly shocked by the 4:30 AM sunrise lol. We went to sleep with the blinds fully open and woke up to sun in our face wayyyy to early. The next night we used the blackout shades and they worked pretty well.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:23 pm

Can anyone shed some light on getting sushi res using Andaz Tokyo concierge/host?

I remember seeing some posts about this but am unable to locate. Wanting a res for Sushi Yoshitake (for the second time) and am curious if some hotels have more "influence" or better chances of getting, considering limited seating and availability. Also have noted that the Andaz may not have a legitimate concierge but essentially front desk associates/"Hosts" who act as concierge.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benjahman
Can anyone shed some light on getting sushi res using Andaz Tokyo concierge/host?

I remember seeing some posts about this but am unable to locate. Wanting a res for Sushi Yoshitake (for the second time) and am curious if some hotels have more "influence" or better chances of getting, considering limited seating and availability. Also have noted that the Andaz may not have a legitimate concierge but essentially front desk associates/"Hosts" who act as concierge.
I'm sure they'll do their best for you. Why not just ask them to do it and see what happens? Makes it easier for you to choose a new hotel who can make it happen.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Does the Andaz Tokyo have a lounge where I can use my explorist Club Access Award?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No, no lounges at Andaz in general.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zjunyuan
Does the Andaz Tokyo have a lounge where I can use my explorist Club Access Award?
The only places in Tokyo where you can use it are Hyatt Regency Tokyo and Grand Hyatt Tokyo.

The next closest location would be Hyatt Regency Osaka.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:59 pm

Question about scoring a comp upgrade at the Andaz Tokyo next week:

I am explorist status and wife is Discoverist. I can either book using points + cash from my account or Chase free sign up night certificate from my wife's.

I've heard that they upgrade rather easily. Will either one make a significant difference as far as chances for upgrades next week?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by brodes
Question about scoring a comp upgrade at the Andaz Tokyo next week:

I am explorist status and wife is Discoverist. I can either book using points + cash from my account or Chase free sign up night certificate from my wife's.

I've heard that they upgrade rather easily. Will either one make a significant difference as far as chances for upgrades next week?
Tokyo in late August? You can probably take temporary ownership of the franchise!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Tokyo in late August? You can probably take temporary ownership of the franchise!
What do you mean by that?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by brodes
What do you mean by that?

Tokyo hot as schweddy balls in late august
jrm68 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The only places in Tokyo where you can use it are Hyatt Regency Tokyo and Grand Hyatt Tokyo.

The next closest location would be Hyatt Regency Osaka.
Why not the PH in Tokyo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.