Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by UAflyer93
In my opinion, this is the best hotel in the entire Hyatt portfolio -- better than PH Sydney even. There is no bad room as every room (setting aside the suites) is pretty much the same. For their size, they have the best layouts of any room I have ever stayed in: 1) beds facing the window so that you can wake up / fall asleep to amazing views, 2) a table by the window so that you can get dine/work while getting inspired by the breathtaking views, 3) bathrooms with real tubs and the toilet far away enough from the bedroom so that you can have privacy if sharing the room, 4) ample luggage storage, and 5) some of the most comfortable beds I've stayed in.

I have stayed in the PH Tokyo once and would never pick it over the Andaz. I'm seriously amazed that that place hasn't gone through a remodel. The decor is tacky, the green carpeting kind of gross, and many of the views diminished by safety glass wiring. Perhaps more amazing is how many people continue to book it simply because of the Lost in Translation marketing.
Yea I wasn't that impressed with the park hyatt. I actually ended up staying there because the Andaz was booked. I do remember the bed at the park hyatt being nice though.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR

The Andaz buffet breakfast is the best i've ever had.
Wow, you’ve missed out on some good breakfasts then. I’d classify the Andaz breakfast as pretty mediocre by Japanese standards.

nightkhan likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
There is a metro line station being built beneath the Mori building that houses the Andaz, it will not be on the Ginza line (I was told, but don't remember which line it will be on.)

That will be great as it increases the options to get to the hotel. Though the walk from to Toranomon station isn't bad and we've actually walked to and from Shimbashi Station both times with luggage both times we've been to the Andaz.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neric
There is a metro line station being built beneath the Mori building that houses the Andaz, it will not be on the Ginza line (I was told, but don't remember which line it will be on.)

That will be great as it increases the options to get to the hotel. Though the walk from to Toranomon station isn't bad and we've actually walked to and from Shimbashi Station both times with luggage both times we've been to the Andaz.
Interesting. That will be good and bad. I find the location to be fine and the subway access to be pretty good. More access will likely lead to higher prices.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by invalyd

Wow, you’ve missed out on some good breakfasts then. I’d classify the Andaz breakfast as pretty mediocre by Japanese standards.

whoa whoa fill me in. Where is there a better buffet breakfast
I'm not talking about ryokan kaiseki breakfasts (like Gora Kadan, Beniya Mukayu), just standard breakfast buffets. In Tokyo, my only comparison is Park Hyatt where the breakfast is really subpar.

I just love the Andaz experience, good Japanese breakfast options, great western breakfast, everything is fresh and plentiful. I love walking into the kitchen, and the tablewear, service and view bring it all together for a wonderful start to the day.
nollbit likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:08 pm

The new station will be on the Hibiya Line (I'd imagine between Kasumigaseki and Kamiyacho), and will be ready before the 2020 games: https://www.mori.co.jp/en/projects/t...hills_station/
nollbit likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:59 pm

FYI - the awesome and ever helpful Andrea is no longer with the hotel. She’s now with the HR in Okinawa. Big loss for the Andaz but huge gain for the HR indeed.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Central90210
FYI - the awesome and ever helpful Andrea is no longer with the hotel. She’s now with the HR in Okinawa. Big loss for the Andaz but huge gain for the HR indeed.
Wow, that is a bummer. She always remembered me even though I only stay there once or twice a year. Will hope to make it out to HR Okinawa sometime.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
whoa whoa fill me in. Where is there a better buffet breakfast
I'm not talking about ryokan kaiseki breakfasts (like Gora Kadan, Beniya Mukayu), just standard breakfast buffets. In Tokyo, my only comparison is Park Hyatt where the breakfast is really subpar.
Off the top of my head in Tokyo:

Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Prince Gallery Kiocho
New Otani
Palace Hotel Tokyo

Better breakfast buffets experienced elsewhere:

Raffles Hotel
Marina Bay Sands (Spago)
Andaz Maui
invalyd likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which one? Naha or Seragaki?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Off the top of my head in Tokyo:

Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Prince Gallery Kiocho
New Otani
Palace Hotel Tokyo

Better breakfast buffets experienced elsewhere:

Raffles Hotel
Marina Bay Sands (Spago)
Andaz Maui
Noted, thanks. I'm in Tokyo in a couple of weeks, staying at Andaz and PH on our last night. So maybe switch PH and try one from the list. Worth switching hotels, its the most important meal of the day!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Noted, thanks. I'm in Tokyo in a couple of weeks, staying at Andaz and PH on our last night. So maybe switch PH and try one from the list. Worth switching hotels, its the most important meal of the day!
Ooh, I forgot to mention the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo

Gun to my head to pick one based solely on breakfast buffet, I would choose the Palace Hotel. They use a pizza oven to toast your selected bread! It's also a walkable distance from Andaz Tokyo.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Which one? Naha or Seragaki?
Seragaki. Didn’t know there are more than one Hyatts in Okinawa, they really are expanding nicely in Japan.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seragaki. Didn’t know there are more than one Hyatts in Okinawa, they really are expanding nicely in Japan.
Good. Unless she were running the place, Naha would have been a huge step down.

Next year we will likely see Hyatt Regency Yokohama, Park Hyatt Kyoto, Park Hyatt Niseko (Hokkaido), and Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay (Disney). Wonder if they're thinking of another Andaz as well…
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
One other thing that I think might be a win for PH Tokyo vs Andaz Tokyo is the Spa. I haven't stayed at the Andaz, but the sauna / wet area at the Spa at the PH Tokyo is excellent.

The PDF for the Andaz spa doesn't look nearly as impressive as what I remember of the PH Tokyo (though there doesn't seem to be a PDF available:
https://tokyo.andaz.hyatt.com/conten...20Sheet_EN.pdf
hailstorm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.