Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Won the Hilton WV on Priceline recently for two nights, 12/21-12/23; but our flight back isn't until 10:45PM on 12/23. Any recent info on day rate/late checkout?
As a Diamond I requested a late checkout and got 2:00 p.m.

However, according to the clerk at the Kohala Spa all HH members get free access to the spa (not just elites!). So we checked out at 2:00 and put most of our things in the trunk of our car and took our clothes for our flight back into the hotel. Then we relaxed by the pool all day and went to the spa to shower, freshen up, and change into traveling clothes. Worked perfectly for us. just be careful about closing time for the spa (6:00 or 7:00 p.m. IIRC).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
However, according to the clerk at the Kohala Spa all HH members get free access to the spa (not just elites!).
Was this a misinformed clerk or is this a new policy at HWV? I haven't stayed at HWV in several years, but back then I was Gold and they would only give Golds free access to the fitness center (gym), which normally cost money for those with no HH status. Spa access was ONLY free for HH Diamonds back then.....................
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Was this a misinformed clerk or is this a new policy at HWV? I haven't stayed at HWV in several years, but back then I was Gold and they would only give Golds free access to the fitness center (gym), which normally cost money for those with no HH status. Spa access was ONLY free for HH Diamonds back then.....................
It struck me as odd as well since I remembered that only Golds and Diamonds got free access during previous stays. I only asked her if Diamonds and Golds got free access (I never mentioned Silvers and Blues). She seemed to be pretty on the ball, and she took a moment to examine a printed document before she responded. She stated that yes, Diamonds and Golds got free access, and went on to say that Silver and Blue HH members got it too. Again, I never asked her about Silvers and blues.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I was there Dec 09 and had free access to Spa as a diamond.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I was there Dec 09 and had free access to Spa as a diamond.
Diamonds have ALWAYS had free spa access as far as I know. That was never in question.

In the past, Golds & Silvers only got gym (but not spa) access. And blues & non-HH members got no access. Now it seems like everybody gets access to everything, although more likely the clerk was just misinformed or illiterate............................
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:47 pm
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Won the Hilton WV on Priceline recently for two nights, 12/21-12/23; but our flight back isn't until 10:45PM on 12/23. Any recent info on day rate/late checkout?
Ask about a hospitality room instead of just a late checkout. I have known them to offer room in which you can shower/change in the afternoon if you have a flight that evening. You'll have to leave your regular room at the normal time, but often you can get the hospitality room until just before you have to leave for the airport. HHV has done this in the past as well. Worth asking anyway.

AGS
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Free HSIA policy for Golds and Diamonds?

For those of you that have stayed recently, were you able to take advantage of the new, free HSIA policy for Golds and Diamonds? If so, what is the procedure to get it? Was the speed adequate?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by loomis
For those of you that have stayed recently, were you able to take advantage of the new, free HSIA policy for Golds and Diamonds? If so, what is the procedure to get it? Was the speed adequate?
Yes, I got free HSIA. They gave me a card with a promo code that I used when I logged in to the system the first time. It worked without having to enter the key for the remainder of the week. Really easy and nothing ever appeared on my bill ^
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As a former Hilton Gold, my only previous 'benefit' at the HWV was a welcoming sneer from the less-than-Aloha-spirited front desk staff here. Now I am a lowly Blue member, and with no upgrade privileges, I'm curious what tower and room I will be assigned having selected "Room Assigned at Check-in" for a reservation during Presidents Day weekend.

I added a request for a space available upgrade to a Lagoon Tower King in the special request box, and I'm there on a Kama'aina (HI locals) package, so hopefully that will carry at least a little bit of weight.

What types of rooms have others received when booked in a "...assigned at check-in" category?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
I suggest staying at the King's Land property instead if possible. The rooms are far superior, the grounds are beautiful (including waterparks and the like), and it includes privileges at the Hilton. I stayed there Thanksgiving weekend and absolutely loved it.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by greg0ire
I suggest staying at the King's Land property instead if possible. The rooms are far superior, the grounds are beautiful (including waterparks and the like), and it includes privileges at the Hilton. I stayed there Thanksgiving weekend and absolutely loved it.
They don't appear to have Kama'aina specials and their posted rates are triple my current pricing at the main resort for those dates - but the rooms do like quite nice.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
They don't appear to have Kama'aina specials and their posted rates are triple my current pricing at the main resort for those dates - but the rooms do like quite nice.
Sorry, Bocastephen. Amazingly, the rooms were $87/night the week after Thanksgiving (when we were there). That may have been a special rate for Elite HGVC, but the regular rate would still just be 10% above that. Maybe you can call the hotel directly. I'm not sure what the occupancy was exactly, but it didn't seem crowded enough for such a popular week. I feel like they should do something to steal guests from the other properties.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
While I have not done this with the HWV, I have had success on several occasions faxing the hotel I really wanted to stay at, noting (with the conf# so they could look it up) that I had a reservation at a nearby property for $x/night, saying that I'd much prefer to stay at your hotel and can you match or come close to this price?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
While I have not done this with the HWV, I have had success on several occasions faxing the hotel I really wanted to stay at, noting (with the conf# so they could look it up) that I had a reservation at a nearby property for $x/night, saying that I'd much prefer to stay at your hotel and can you match or come close to this price?
Good advise - but aren't these properties owner and operated by the same group? I don't think we'll have much luck if they are. I'm not too concerned about the room view, just the location - the Lagoon Tower makes it so much easier to get to/from the car and we'll be spending most of our time off-property including one very early morning departure.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Recent Stay

Mr Caddieseamus and I spent last week at the HWV. The property is just as beautiful as all of you have reported. Thanks for the info to help us plan a great vacation. It was a reward stay.

As a HH Diamond, we got on oceanview upgrade. We were in the Ocean Tower. The housekeeping staff were wonderful. Restocked plenty of in-room coffee and toiletries.

The property was not very crowded. Restaurants were empty and good poolside seats were available at all times.

As Diamond you do get complimentary spa access. We did get charged $15/day for parking.

I will be happy to answer any questions if people have trips planned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.