Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Business center

Does anyone know the price for printing in the business center?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen

What do you mean? Hawaiian residents should not be allowed to stay at the hotel along with Haoles from the mainland? This is a pretty odd comment, I must say.

They don't have pool wristbands "somehow" - they have pool wristbands by being guests at the hotel.
I think maybe they thought they sell a pool pass or something.

The same group was there in November. Well the guy with the island tattoo anyway. They were pretty loud at times.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
If you read up this thread, you'll see one poster many years ago called the birds "deafening". I laughed and then I stayed here, then I understood.
We were there 10 nights, and while I agree the birds are loud and annoying, that's all - we had no trouble sleeping after a busy day on the island or in the pools and I'd go back anytime.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hilmar
We were there 10 nights, and while I agree the birds are loud and annoying, that's all - we had no trouble sleeping after a busy day on the island or in the pools and I'd go back anytime.
I think the birds go to sleep around 8pm. Then restart at 7am.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

It all depends on when the sun's coming up and setting. Sort of like any bird, just noisier!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Unfortunately, the myna birds are not native birds to Hawai'i, and they have no biological control or ecological niche other than "eco-terrorist" - they have been the cause of the elimination of many native birds.

But if anyone thinks the mynas are loud, they had better hope the coquí invasion doesn't get this far. (Go to Hilo, and you will truly understand the full meaning of the concept of ";loud wildlife".)

Originally Posted by particlemn
I love the myna bird songs, i goto hawaii to enjoy the beauty of nature, not to have nature adapt my my schedule
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:41 pm

Do Gold get Breakfast

We are Hilton Gold and wanted to know if breakfast is then included at no charge. There will be four of us including two kids. Do all/some get breakfast for free?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: US Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flightmedic
We are Hilton Gold and wanted to know if breakfast is then included at no charge. There will be four of us including two kids. Do all/some get breakfast for free?

Thanks
Was there in November as a Gold. I received $20 a day in food vouchers good for any restaurant on the property. You could also use multiple vouchers at once. I combined 5 days worth and had no issues. Not sure if $20 will cover two people for breakfast.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by reggae
Was there in November as a Gold. I received $20 a day in food vouchers good for any restaurant on the property. You could also use multiple vouchers at once. I combined 5 days worth and had no issues. Not sure if $20 will cover two people for breakfast.
I got the same thing as a gold in November. The vouchers did state something about not being combinable, however several places on the property were willing to overlook that which is wise IMO.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flightmedic

Thanks
You will get rwo each vouchers for ten dollars each per day. Breakfast buffet is 25 adult and as i recall 15 child, 4 and under free so breakfast will be 80-20 for 60 with the coupons. If you plan on eating often on property they sell a discount card that for 30 you get two 10 coupons and you get 10 percent off all purchase so aftr the first 100 on food it pays for itself, in 6 days we had about 700 in food charges
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:40 am

Which 1 Bedroom suite in Legoon Tower is best?

We will be in this hotel for 6 nights August. Booked as part of recent promo. Which 1 Bedroom suites will have Dolphin View? Are there any 1 bedroom that has Dolphin view and partial ocean view?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Budget_Traveller_OR
We will be in this hotel for 6 nights August. Booked as part of recent promo. Which 1 Bedroom suites will have Dolphin View? Are there any 1 bedroom that has Dolphin view and partial ocean view?
When we stayed in the one bedroom suite we were in the lagoon tower. The one thing that bothered me was that we were on the 4th or 5th floor and although we could look out and see the ocean we could not look down on the dolphins due to a "covering" that went over the area. Our bedroom was right in the "middle" of the tower. And when we sat down on our chairs on the balcony (which is not very deep) there was a high wall with plants that pretty much blocked the view when seated!!! So you almost have to stand up to get a good view.

I am not sure if ALL the suites are located in the middle of the tower. If so I would try to get a very high floor for the better view.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:03 am

I'm looking at August also, was it a public promo?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
To see the Dolphins you are going to need to be in the Lagoon tower and somewhere near the middle of the building. However as said bellow on the 1st floor dead middle are two of the larger named suites that have a pergola covering their patio and hot tubs that will block your view to the Dolphin lagoon.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
best dolphin view are from the dolphin view rooms not the suites, we stayed in 4311 and the view rocked.
that being said we are going back in 7 weeks and have heard from the GM that starting in late april all the lagoon tower rooms will be under renovation, i am not sure how long this will take or if it will be done by august, I would call the resort and see if they think the tower will be reopened

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.