Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Well I’m back home and it all seems like a dream ... I’ll write a proper review up here in the next day or two but I was delighted with the deluxe BV - we got a renovated one with the long pool which was what I had requested (Moli is brilliant for sorting out our requests!)

Oh and we finally saw a turtle! It took three stays to see a turtle but finally got to see one (multiple times). The turtle was there most days - there’s a little reef off villas 138-140 and he/she hangs out there all the time. It’s a great little reef, tons of fish and sharks too! So for anybody there now, go say hi to Mr/Mrs Turtle!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:56 am

What's the coffee situation at breakfast? Coffee bean and tea leaf? Cappuccinos included in the free breakfast?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Oh and we finally saw a turtle! It took three stays to see a turtle but finally got to see one (multiple times). The turtle was there most days - there’s a little reef off villas 138-140 and he/she hangs out there all the time. It’s a great little reef, tons of fish and sharks too! So for anybody there now, go say hi to Mr/Mrs Turtle!
Couldn't find Mr/Mrs Turtle there today , but her/his cousin was swimming off to approx. villa 233 yesterday!

Originally Posted by dcht
What's the coffee situation at breakfast? Coffee bean and tea leaf? Cappuccinos included in the free breakfast?
Don't drink coffee and haven't tried tea, but my wife got a cappuccino at the main breakfast area and at the mandhoo (other breakfast area). Both were good (actually similarly made) and are included in the free breakfast.

Last edited by Artemio; Jul 14, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
At villu and atoll they use fully automatic coffee machines. Cafe latte, latte macchiato or cappuccino, everything tastes the same.
Hot, brown and more or less drinkable.
You can get A much better coffee at Rangali bar, they use a real portafilter espresso machine, Ali, the bartender is also doing some latteart.

The best espresso in the maldives, you will probably get at milaidhoo resort.
https://www.hoteliermaldives.com/11914-2/
https://www.milaidhoo.com/we-know-th...at-coffee.html
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I understand the seaplane costs are not eligible for HH points, but is this still billed to your room or is it billed separately? If separately, what is it coded as? Tried searching here and couldn't find an answer.

It's billed to your room and it does earn points. Actually, when I stayed there last year I spend about $2000 and expected to get 20,000 base points but for some reason I got more than 50,000 base points. Not bad.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
It's billed to your room and it does earn points
sometimes. The operative word here is sometimes.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:50 pm

I wish I had your concerns.

Will having it included in the "free breakfast" make it taste any better?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:27 am

I hear a free nut is included. Nut of choice?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
I wish I had your concerns.

Will having it included in the "free breakfast" make it taste any better?
I ask because some Hilton's do provide free cappuccino at breakfast and as a coffee lover it would be a nice change from a normal cup of Joe and not having to pay $10 for a cappuccino would mean one more beer I can drink at dinner =)

Also, it's been proven statistically that free coffee does in fact taste better than paid coffee =)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:41 am

Oh. And here's me thinking it was just a post count booster. But seriously, if you are worrying about $10 here and there you should maybe go to the SAii instead.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Oh. And here's me thinking it was just a post count booster. But seriously, if you are worrying about $10 here and there you should maybe go to the SAii instead.
People are literally mapping out the sunsets on the Waldorf thread but I can't ask about coffee?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
dcht - I'm with you. All the coffees are included. I order two cappucccinos to start (cups are small) and they're always great to keep them coming. Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:59 pm

It's a fair question. Hilton Hotels in Australia are charging a coffee tax and it's ridiculous.
2 people and 2-3 coffees over a lazy morning could rapidly become $200++ or an extra dinner in just 5 nights.
While I don't drink it, the rest of my group had what seemed to be real coffee (to Aussies) when they asked correctly, and at no added charge.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:08 am

Over on the Saii Lagoon thread, a user mentioned that the resort opening is delayed until September. They are walking any guests who had August/early September bookings to the Conrad. Just so happens to coincide with my stay at the Conrad....great.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Over on the Saii Lagoon thread, a user mentioned that the resort opening is delayed until September. They are walking any guests who had August/early September bookings to the Conrad. Just so happens to coincide with my stay at the Conrad....great.
Just out of curiosity... why would this matter to you? It's not like they are using it to house refugees (or rowdy cruise ship guests) or something like that. It's other HH members and guests that had paid reservations at the SAii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.