Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker

Small point, but the food in First on DXBMLE is pretty poor. Luckily I had a sufficient connection that I could take breakfast in the lounge. Not sure which flight you’re on, we took EK652 and didn’t arrive at the resort until close to 7p - thereby missing our dinner reservation (thereby leaving no option but the bar). Point is, if you skip the food on your second EK flight (which I recommend), you’re likely to be hungry by the time you finally get to the resort. Good luck and enjoy!
EK98 & EK658 with the new 777 F and a 09:30 arrival into MLE.

The first flight will be eating and drinking then more in the lounge if needed. The MLE flight will mostly be sleeping unless something really enticing is loaded.

Will still be a long day but if there was a significant difference between the FBBQ or the L&CD then we could probably force ourselves
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
EK98 & EK658 with the new 777 F and a 09:30 arrival into MLE.
Is that like the new new F? With middle suite with TV screen windows?

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
What brand of champagne do they serve at that dinner?

That will make a difference as to whether the wife wants to do it or not.
In 2017 we were able to enjoy the Lobster Buffet excluding the Champagne component. IIRC the meal only cost at the time was $175++ versus $265++ with the unlimited champagne. We weren't keen on paying $90++ per person and that would have been enough to stop us going to that dinner if they made it mandatory. Sure most nights we ended up buying a bottle of wine at dinner service but for some reason we just didn't feel it that day. They were good enough to serve us complimentary water without prompting.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
In 2017 we were able to enjoy the Lobster Buffet excluding the Champagne component. IIRC the meal only cost at the time was $175++ versus $265++ with the unlimited champagne. We weren't keen on paying $90++ per person and that would have been enough to stop us going to that dinner if they made it mandatory. Sure most nights we ended up buying a bottle of wine at dinner service but for some reason we just didn't feel it that day. They were good enough to serve us complimentary water without prompting.
Same here. We don't drink and the Fisherman's BBQ (then named Beach BBQ) cost us $50 less ($175++ as opposed to $225++).

And yes, lobster is served at both barbeques.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:37 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, looks like we will be going for the Fisherman's BBQ.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Is that like the new new F? With middle suite with TV screen windows?
Yep the new new F the scheduled equipment chaged a few months ago.

I don't have a centre seat as the available one is blocked (possibly as a bassinet seat) but if it is free I am going to give it a go.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:48 pm

I feel as if this has been asked before but the search thread didn’t yield any results. Anyone know how much the fondue dinner runs?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
I feel as if this has been asked before but the search thread didn’t yield any results. Anyone know how much the fondue dinner runs?
How much $ or how frequently? Twice a week but I think it's one of those things you can do on request, too, with a little notice.
$-wise I have in my head $75 but that seems too low. I think it was less than $100 at least.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
It was in fact $75++pp up until late 2017 when it went up to $82++. It went up like most dinners did. And Cynicor is right. Normally it was held on Thursdays and Saturdays but now it's held on Mondays and Saturdays and it's available on request but only if there are no bookings at The Cheese & Wine Bar for Cheese & Tapas.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 30, 2019 at 1:22 am
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It was in fact $75++pp up until lae 2017 when it went up to $82++. It went up like most dinners did. And Cynicor is right. Normally it was held on Thursdays and Saturdays but now it's held on Mondays and Saturdays and it's available on request but only if there are no bookings at The Cheese & Wine Bar for Cheese & Tapas.

HI MF, I cannot speak for the accuracy of this reply from CR to nor if there had been any schedule change. Around June 16, CR replied to my inquiry of which nights for cheese fondue as being Saturday, Monday and Thursday - my question and then CR reply in bold -- "cheese fondue night (Mon, Thurs, Sat)?" Agree 100% about on request. We've done that and so long as no conflict they seem willing/happy to host an unscheduled cheese fondue dinner
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:39 am

If I wanted a 12 pack of Bud Light to enjoy in my villa, what would be the best way to go about doing this? Any sort of discount for ordering more than one beer at a time?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
If I wanted a 12 pack of Bud Light to enjoy in my villa, what would be the best way to go about doing this? Any sort of discount for ordering more than one beer at a time?
SPOTM! Good luck with that.

@llfoster: Thanks for the info. I've made a note for myself.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jul 1, 2019 at 11:07 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Finally arrived at the property today. Checking out both std and superior water villa during our stay for 4 nights.

Anyone want me to pass along greetings to particular staff?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:47 pm

In my correspondence with the hotel they provided the following as an indication of costs which may be helpful to some as the full menu prices are not available online (also if anyone does have recent menus with prices feel free to pass them on).

These prices would all be ++
  • a three-course dinner at Mandhoo SPA Restaurant is approximately USD79 + taxes per person on average. Starter ($19 to $30), Main course ($35 to $50), Desserts ($19 to $25)
  • a three-course dinner at Vilu Restaurant is approximately USD82 + taxes per person on average. Starter ($26 to $32), Main course ($40 to $60), Desserts ($18 to $30)
  • a three-course dinner at Ufaa by Jereme Leung is approximately USD88 + taxes per person on average. Starter ($17 to $22), Main course ($30 to $58), Desserts ($19 to $25)
  • a three-course dinner at Sunset Grill Restaurant is approximately USD85 + taxes per person on average. Starter ($26 to $32), Main course ($40 to $60), Desserts ($18 to $30)
  • a three-course dinner at Rangali Bar is approximately USD73 + taxes per person on average. Starter ($26 to $40), Main course ($31 to $63), Desserts ($16 to $30)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I wouldn’t use those prices as a realistic indication of average prices at all as those are based on the cheapest starter / main / dessert, not an average so you’ll get some shock on production of the menu. For example at Sunset Grill, a steak will set you back $68++, prawns are $54++, lobster $62++, surf and turf is $77++ (those are just some items off the menu, there are a few cheaper options such as catch of the day or chicken which are both $46++), if you want an extra side dish, that’s another $12++ per dish. If you’re into seafood and want a platter for two to share, the cost would be $185++ (chilled) or $295++ (grilled) - that’s for the platter, not per person. Then you need to add on drinks (water / wine / whatever).
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:31 am

Yeah, those prices looked a little low. And the + is actually tax AND service charge. So it's add 10% service then 12% TGST so becomes 1.23 or 23% tax.
So while you might find one cheap item, they are trying it on a little.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:37 am

23.2% TBE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.