Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:15 am

Was it your first time to Rangali?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:01 pm

Anyone know how to contact the property? I want to make an advance deposit. I emailed them at [email protected] but no response.

Anyone know how to do this and which method of contact to get a response from them?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:37 am

+960 668 0109 (Reservations)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:52 am

Saw this at Costco yesterday - thinking about bringing it to the CMRI =)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:54 am

Awesome. Just wait until the resort closes completely for the next lot of major renovations, whenever that is, before you take it out and put it on the water.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:43 am

MaldivesFreak- I would much appreciate your feedback on the dining plan I outlined below for an upcoming 10-day stay July 20th-30th. I tried to incorporate some things I've learned on this forum from you and others. Hearing of the recent restaurant closures, I emailed the hotel and heard there is potential for Vilu to be closed and breakfast at Mandahoo to continue through my stay. So I may need to sub-out the Vilu dinner (and apparently miss out on the chocolate fondant). We are foodies and don't mind spending some money on good meals but want to keep things within the realm of sanity of cost-wise.

Arrival Saturday- Rangali Bar (or Champagne and Lobster Beach Dinner? We are coming from US and arriving in the AM after about 30 hours of travel , so wondering if the beach dinner is best saved for another night)

Sunday – Mandahoo

Monday- Fondue

Tuesday – Vilu – MF Tip : Get the Chocolate Fondant

Wed- Tapas (too close to fondue dinner?)

Thursday- Ufaa – MF Tip: Ask for a table outside or on the deck if you're on the second floor

Friday- Wine Pairing Dinner

Saturday - Champagne and Lobster Beach Dinner

Sunday- Rangali Bar? Re-book a favorite? Any sense on cost of private beach dinner?

Monday- Sunset Grill

Any feedback or further help would be appreciated!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:56 am

Ohh, it will be be disappointing if Vilu is closed - I am there a week prior to your arrival. I recently specifically inquired about breakfast at Vilu and it was confirmed as an alternate to Atoll ... no mention of potentially being closed at that stage ...I love Mandhoo and we typically have two dinners there but do not want to hike over there for breakfast/cocktail hour .... no true view of lagoon from Mandhoo ... and Vilu's view is "ahhhhhhhh"
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
MaldivesFreak- I would much appreciate your feedback on the dining plan I outlined below for an upcoming 10-day stay July 20th-30th. I tried to incorporate some things I've learned on this forum from you and others. Hearing of the recent restaurant closures, I em.ailed the hotel and heard there is potential for Vilu to be closed and breakfast at Mandahoo to continue through my stay. So I may need to sub-out the Vilu dinner (and apparently miss out on the chocolate fondant). We are foodies and don't mind spending some money on good meals but want to keep things within the realm of sanity of cost-wise.
Dead right about not doing a beach dinner on the day of arrival if your journey is 30hrs. Well, for me it wouldn't matter cos, well, you know.....the Maldives high is already hitting me before I've left my local airport, heh. I never sleep the night before we leave so it's incredibly easy to adjust for time differences should you need to. Once I didn't sleep for 2 nights before our midday departure (and only had 4hrs at Hotel Octave). I was perfectly awake all day and well into the evening on our first day at Rangali, that I can assure you! I suppose it's like steroids or coke, you just keep on going. (Haven't tried either BTW)
As far as cost goes, there's nothing at Rangali that really stands out and gouges you except for a little gouging at Ithaa and that silly, compulsory NYE Gala. Nothing like this anyway! And that's with a $388++pp price tag to boot. That's $956 all up not including beverages. N-o . t-h-a-n-k . y-o-u!

Anyway, enough ranting about my obsession and how the WA are drooling at all the selfie-taking lambs they can slaughter while at their thousand dollar tables in their bamboo nests on the top of telegraph poles.....
Looks pretty good, your plan does. Here is the list with comments and advice attached. Number of thumbs ups are indicative of my recommendation(s)

Saturday - Rangali Bar ^^^

Sunday - Mandhoo ^^^

Monday - Cheese Fondue ^^^

Tuesday - Vilu ^^^ - MF Tip : Get the Chocolate Fondant
> Ask for it even if you don't manage to get to Vilu! Just be nice and give them a day or so's notice so the pastry chef is not worked off her poor butt (they're hard to make perfectly)
> Roll the dice on what you want to do if it's closed. Maybe Rangali Bar if you really want to go there again or IVD if you don't do it on Sunday.
> You could always do the Cheese Fondue on this day (by special request) and do the Maldivian Infinity Dinner ^^^ on Monday.

Wed - Cheese & Tapas ^^^ (but only 1 thumbs up for placement in the schedule. See below)
> I wouldn't worry about it being too close to the fondue because the cheese is all cooked in the fondue and is as is in the Cheese & Tapas, and you don't get much cheese in this dinner anyway, just a few bits at the end. The tapas will fill you up unless you've got a huge appetite and you probably won't have enough room left for the cheese, so pace yourself.

Thursday - Ufaa ^^ - MF Tip: Ask for a table outside or on the deck if you're on the second floor.
> I should revise this and add ".....unless you particularly love the interior decor." Each to his own I suppose. I just don't see the point in cooping yourself up when you are in the Maldives when you could be outside (the breeze is nice there) and by and above the beach. Take a look at the menu and if you aren't too keen then just go to Atoll Market.

Friday - Wine Pairing Dinner ^^^

Saturday - Champagne & Lobster Beach Dinner ^^^ (but only 1 thumbs up for placement in the schedule)
> The only problem with putting this at the end is if it's rained out you'll need a time machine to go back three days to Wednesday and do the Fisherman's BBQ. If I were you I'd keep this as a backup and Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesday.
> Alternative choices if Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesday is not rained out: Rangali Bar ^ - re-book your favourite.....or maybe Atoll Market ^ for a changeup. Or even a Private Beach Dinner if you want to splurge ^^^

Sunday - Rangali Bar? ^ Re-book a favorite?
> Well.....nah, unless you really like it for some reason. I would put Cheese & Tapas or Koko Grill ^^ on this day (cos you have to move it if you want to put the Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesday) or have IVD ^^^ if you're in an OWV

Monday - Sunset Grill ^^^
> What more is there to say about this one?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Does any one have any expeience of what drinks and food we can expect at the Fisherman's BBQ?

I am thinking of booking ths over the Lobster and Champagne dinner as we arrive in Rangali the same day after 2 EK F flights so L&C may not really be the best option for a first meal.

Apart from the Champagne is there much of a difference?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Does any one have any expeience of what drinks and food we can expect at the Fisherman's BBQ?

I am thinking of booking ths over the Lobster and Champagne dinner as we arrive in Rangali the same day after 2 EK F flights so L&C may not really be the best option for a first meal.

food to expect- some sushi, grilled meats and fishes and seafood, sides like truffle mash and fried rice and maybe a couple of hot dishes- curry or similar. Lots of salads, great sauces and a bunch of desserts.

the champagne doesn't stop and our sorry if 4 thought the lobster and champagne was the best buffet we'd ever had (been to a few) and one of the best meals ever as well, generally.

I don't think you can go wrong but if you like champagne then I'd go for that one.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:47 pm

Small point, but the food in First on DXBMLE is pretty poor. Luckily I had a sufficient connection that I could take breakfast in the lounge. Not sure which flight you’re on, we took EK652 and didn’t arrive at the resort until close to 7p - thereby missing our dinner reservation (thereby leaving no option but the bar). Point is, if you skip the food on your second EK flight (which I recommend), you’re likely to be hungry by the time you finally get to the resort. Good luck and enjoy!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:08 pm

Nope.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
What brand of champagne do they serve at that dinner?

That will make a difference as to whether the wife wants to do it or not.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:37 am

Ruinart
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Nope.
So lobster is served at both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.