Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Anywhere you can find (regular*) breakfast, it will be free for Golds and Diamonds.

25 cigars are ok, see link.

* i.e. anywhere but Ithaa
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@Jimwagner2 - I think technically the free breakfast is at the atoll market, but on the small island you could take it at Viluu as well. Well shoot, we will be there the 7-12 too and Maldivian night was one thing we were really looking forward to again....

Ah well, packing now for the short flight to MLE tomorrow!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:10 am

So I just got an email for my mid November stay and this is the upgrade rate.

Upgrade supplement charge from water villa to Deluxe Beach villa will be USD107.80 + 10% service charge + 12%TGST per night
Upgrade supplement charge from water villa to Superior Water villa will be USD54.90+ 10% service charge + 12%TGST per night

I am guessing that it is pretty much worth it to upgrade to SWV for that price?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Vilu update

Here currently - just notified Vilu will be closed, due to “unforeseen circumstances,” June 7 to July 12. Therefore Vilu breakfast will now be held at Mandhoo. Happy hour (4:30-5:30) will take place at The Quiet Zone. Vilu will re-open on Saturday, July 13.

Last edited by Abidjan; Jun 6, 2019 at 6:34 am Reason: Props to @jimwagner2 for flagging initially
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
See post #4072
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
OMG does this mean no Vilu chocolate fondant????!!!! Noooooo.

Also, any recommendations on an underwater camera to bring? Thinking of the new GoPro but not sure, we didn’t bother getting an underwater camera for our last trip but would like one this time.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:28 pm

Demand a chocolate fondant! It's a rite of passage, after all!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
OMG does this mean no Vilu chocolate fondant????!!!! Noooooo.

Also, any recommendations on an underwater camera to bring? Thinking of the new GoPro but not sure, we didn’t bother getting an underwater camera for our last trip but would like one this time.
Do you have a 'normal' camera? I've just bought a Sony A6500 and SeaFrogs do a full waterproof case for £200ish, and it will be a lot better quality than a GoPro. Worth a look if there's a housing available if you have a camera to begin with.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Checked in earlier today - glad to be back! Transfer was efficient, glad we spent overnight in MLE makes the journey a lot more tolerable.

There are a number of restaurant closings indeed, sad to see Maldivian night won't be run (we asked). Attended the tea at Mandahoo (strawberry jam & crunchy peanut butter sandwiches were interesting) and the happy hour at the Quiet Zone through a few brief rain squalls. Watched a guy swim all the way across the channel to come for happy hour - glad we took the buggy!

Received an upgrade to a superior water villa - great number for privacy (339), copious nudity in the hot tub might or might not have occurred. Nice upgrade considering the room type was sold out during our date range. Rain storms have moved in for the evening so didn't get any sunset - looking forward to seeing a good one over the next several days
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:55 am

What other restaurants are closed? I thought it was just Vilu?

enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Do you have a 'normal' camera? I've just bought a Sony A6500 and SeaFrogs do a full waterproof case for £200ish, and it will be a lot better quality than a GoPro. Worth a look if there's a housing available if you have a camera to begin with.
Hubby has a DSLR and I think the housing for it is quite expensive, it’d probably work out much cheaper to buy something that is already suitable for underwater. Back to the drawing board so!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:07 am

I just did a trade in program for the new GoPro Hero7 black. Send in an old digital camera and they give you $100 off the Hero7 black.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
What other restaurants are closed? I thought it was just Vilu?
I think sam_goh is referring to the extra days the other restaurants are closed.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
we just checked out on the 7th - fabulous 5-night stay with an upgrade to SWV 338, pity we missed out on meeting up @sam_goh!

we were booked on the last seaplane transfer out on 7 June and there were some delays attributed to the rain storms so the villa host kindly accommodated us for HappyHour at the Quiet Zone... was nice to have them serve the Michelle sparkling rose on top of the regular drinks selection which was not the case at Vilu during our stay... we saw the same guy swim all the way across the channel to happy hour, very entertaining to say the least...

Enjoy your stay @sam_goh
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:56 am

@Jimwagner2

Hi again. Based on the dining changes below.....

Changes to restaurant hours from 7th June -12th July 2019
  • Vilu will be closed and Mandhoo will open for breakfast daily from 7.00-10.30
  • The Wine Cellar will be closed. Alternatively, a three course degustation dinner will be available at The Cheese and Wine bar on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Mandhoo will be closed on Mondays and Thursdays.
  • Sunset Grill and Ithaa will be closed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Ufaa by Jereme Leung will closed on Saturdays and Wednesday.
  • Maldivian Night will not take place during this period.
.....here's an updated dining plan:

Wednesday: Rangali Bar (relax and get the feel of the place)

Thursday: Ithaa
> Tip: Try to be standing closest to the stairs when you're about to be taken down by the staff (everyone goes downstairs into the restaurant together) and grab the table in the middle on the right hand side. There are 4 tables on the LHS and 3 on the RHS and so the middle one on the RHS is the best one

Friday: Koko Grill

Saturday: Champagne & Lobster beach dinner
> Tip: This and the other beach dinner, Fisherman's BBQ, are available without alcohol if you do not drink and the prices are lower to reflect this

Sunday: Cheese & Tapas or Cheese Fondue
> Tip: These are usually only available on Wednesdays & Sundays and Mondays & Saturdays respectively but if you want to change the days they can sometimes accommodate you

Monday: Atoll Market

Tuesday: Mandhoo
> Tip: Get there early and grab the corner table on the deck furthest from the restaurant entrance (the northernmost table)

Wednesday: Rangali Bar or IVD(In Villa Dining) if you are staying in an OWV(Over Water Villa)
> Tip: If you missed the Champagne & Lobster dinner on Saturday due to the weather, you can book the Fisherman's BBQ on this day so that is why I've kind of kept it 'open' by recommending Rangali Bar or IVD

Thursday: Sunset Grill
> Tip: Get there early for the sunset and and grab the closest table to the shore facing the sunset / Rangali Island

Friday: The Wine Cellar dinner (temporarily held at The Cheese and Wine Bar)

Changes:
1. I've moved Ithaa to the first Thursday since Mandhoo is closed and you wanted to do Ithaa early.
2. Moved Mandhoo to Tuesday since Vilu is closed
3. Moved Sunset Grill to Thursday since it's closed on Friday
4. Changed Monday to Atoll Market since Maldivian Night is cancelled
5. Changed Friday to The Wine Cellar Dinner (Wine Pairing Dinner)

Dining events and locations not included:
1. Ufaa (see below for suggestion)
2. Private Beach Dinner
> Tip: It's better to have this on a day other than a Wednesday or a Saturday as you have an extra choice of location. The Champagne & Lobster and Fisherman's BBQ beach dinners take up one of the locations for the Private Beach Dinner

Other tips:
> Plan for lunch on one of your days and have it at Mandhoo so you can watch the fish feeding. Especially good if you have kids
> If you are having a Congratulations Dinner (marriage certificate less than a year old is required) it will be held at Sunset Grill (previously held at Mandhoo)
> If you want to try Chinese cuisine and don't want to use a dinner slot, you can go to Ufaa for lunch any day except Wednesday and Saturday
> If you want to dine at Ithaa and don't want to use a dinner slot, you can go there for lunch any day except Tuesday and Friday
> Prices for beach dinners with no alcohol are appoximately $50-$60 less per person

Restaurant opening hours and other info:
> Most of the restaurants where table selection is important (see above) are open at 1830 so this is the time to arrive to get the table of your preference
> The Congratulations Dinner is now held at Sunset Grill. Previously held at Mandhoo
> Ithaa also has a new menu coming (perhaps due to the criticism here and on TA?) and will have seasonal pricing for both lunch and dinner. I suggest you have a look before you book. Maybe lunch will be more appealing or vice versa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.